IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I guess that's what happens when a club is actually up for sale.

wow sarcastic belter of the day award goes to you then... seen any of our rumoured buyers? Apparently we are up for sale...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa--american-billionaires-7109938

Ray Davis supposedly being the one... Larry Ellison being the other who talksport are stating is buzzing round the stock exchange.

But the strong rumour is that the club has in principle been sold.

Edited by Hafnia

wow sarcastic belter of the day award goes to you then... seen any of our rumoured buyers? Apparently we are up for sale...

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa--american-billionaires-7109938

Ray Davis supposedly being the one...

Four potential buyers in a short period of time and we can't find one despite looking 24/7... Someone isn't doing a very good job.

Ray Davis supposedly being the one... Larry Ellison being the other who talksport are stating is buzzing round the stock exchange.

But the strong rumour is that the club has in principle been sold.

Kraft is a fantastic owner. Very hands on, loves the players and loves sport. he would be perfect for Everton, also he would make the EFC LFC rivalry better since he owns Boston Football, and LFC owners own Boston Baseball. Battle of Boston and Liverpool!

I can hope!

When I moved to the US almost 30 years ago, I worked for Britain's top software company (won't give away names). There were several Brits in the office near Boston, and someone heard that HMS Intrepid was arriving for a few days. We managed to contact the ship's crew and arange a cricket match. On our team, we have nine Brits and two Americans. The Intrepid team batted first and scored about 160 runs in 20 overs. Then it was our turn to bat, and we were soon 0-7. At that point, one of the Americans came to the wicket, holding his cricket bat horizontally as if it was a baseball bat. First ball, he swung and hit a four. Second ball, he was out. Soon after, we were all out for 5. Only later did we learn that the Intrepid team had once played the Windies national team! Still, everyone enjoyed the celebration after the game. :)

I played cricket to a decent standard (Lancashire League) and also played 20-over midweek evenings for my employer in Business Houses League. Cut a long story short, strangest 20-over game I played in as we bowled opposition out for 19. Our two openers went in and bat number 1 hit 2 sixes back over bowler's head off first two balls - bats 4-11 sloped off to get changed, No.3 stayed "just in case", but 4-11 were quickly called back - we were all out for 14 after 4.2 overs!

Oh, and I've faced Michael Holding. Nice man.

Leicester owner willing to spend £180m over the next three years to make the top five.

Not a chance imo......weren't QPR making similar noises last time they came up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387616

Was having a bevvie with Dave Nugents dad the other night, he said set up there is great, Pearson is a top bloke and they are trying to reward the lads with right contracts, Nugent is out of contract and they want him to stay.

Said his lad would play for us for nothing. Always wanted to him in an Everton shirt, he'd run through a brick wall for us.

Was having a bevvie with Dave Nugents dad the other night, he said set up there is great, Pearson is a top bloke and they are trying to reward the lads with right contracts, Nugent is out of contract and they want him to stay.

Said his lad would play for us for nothing. Always wanted to him in an Everton shirt, he'd run through a brick wall for us.

he would indeed, but hasnt the inability to hit one though

So is it true, or is it urban legend, that, in the days when Peter Willie played for England, Brian Johnston once came out with "the bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willie"?

True. Johnston's 'Carry On' moments are as famous in cricket as David Coleman's "Coleman Balls" are in athletics and football - "opens his legs and shows his class....." etc.

Guest blueboy122

No Nasri in the French squad either. I suspect that's down to him being a cunt.

The manager has come out and said practically that.

Lets be honest, I was never convinced... AT ALL. The £4m he was potentially worth if we had offered him a written contract was a windfall that we missed out on.

In fairness to him, I think he has maximised his earning potential doing what he has done. He earned £8k a week, we offered him £15k, and Newcastle trumped us with £25k a week over 4 years. Over £5m earned in wages.

Its hilarious that Newcastle thought they were getting some wonder kid at the time.

Guest blueboy122

Lets be honest, I was never convinced... AT ALL. The £4m he was potentially worth if we had offered him a written contract was a windfall that we missed out on.

In fairness to him, I think he has maximised his earning potential doing what he has done. He earned £8k a week, we offered him £15k, and Newcastle trumped us with £25k a week over 4 years. Over £5m earned in wages.

Its hilarious that Newcastle thought they were getting some wonder kid at the time.

That's whist disgusts me about the modern game a very limited average footballer he excelled at nothing and achieved nothing but he was one of the lucky ones to be picked up in an academy and now is a multi millionaire. Joke.