IGNORED

Moyes: We May Lose Fellaini

Louis

Guest blueboy122

O wow that is all I can say to anybody who thinks Fellaini is anywhere as near as good as Essien is haha. It shocks me some peoples opinions on here. Don't get me wrong Fellaini is a good tidy player but that where it ends.. a complete player the boy is not I would love him to be the player that he is getting portrayed to be on here.

He is not as good as Essien yet but time is on his side. I think he will go on to be a wonderfull player, whether or not that will be with us is anyones guess. But I for one hopes he stays to help drive us on.

Ive heard a rumour Essien may miss the whole of next season, so id say Fellis gonna be more effective than him for at least 1 season anyway.

Why not sell Fellaini we can’t keep him anyway. Why don't we try Scott Parker for 2 years?

Fellaini will get better, Parker will decline. Why can't we keep him? He's on a contract, he will likely replace yaya toure at city when he's had his two years. Cost? £40m

Next summer will be the time to sell Felli if he doesn't sign up - looking at the fees Young and Kevin Gameiro have gone for in their final year suggests teams will still pay-up with 12months left. Hopefully in this 12months we can plan an assault on the top4 and Felli signs up for 6years ala Modric!!! :67:

Edited by c1982

Why not sell Fellaini we can’t keep him anyway. Why don't we try Scott Parker for 2 years?

Justin, there is every chance we can hold on to Fellaini, it's all down to him really, if he wants to go then yes get rid, but I don't think that's the case at the moment.

He can be the star performer at Everton, someone to build the team around and maybe surprise a few people....or he can become just another greedy bastard fighting for his place at Man city, United or Chelsea.

Scott Parker is a good player off the back of an excellent season, he could do a good job for us, can we afford his wages?

Welcome to the forum Justin.

I would say Fellini is the only curent player we have who has the potential to play and be a success in any team, as much as Baines is great for us, could he make it in a top European team, I doubt it, I think many of our players have reached they level at everton, let's face facts we r never gonna reach the consistent levels of man u, Chelsea or arsenal, not without investment, but Fellini could easily fit into any of those teams, I would love to see him stay but realistically if a high enough bid came in then we do the same as we did with Rooney and look how that changed us into a top six(ish) team!

So we sell Fellaini and pay around £10million for Scott Parker for two years, who would then have pretty much zero sell on value. So we'd then have a big gaping hole in the middle of the park to fill with no money.

For a club in the position that we are it makes absolutely no sense signing players of Parker's age.

If the club was for sale for say £60m, we would surely be an attractive proposition to an investor who could wipe off our debt, facilitate some form of ground development/move and buy finch farm.

With such a takeover, the perennial talk of selling one of our best players to buy two and pay off some debt will be a thing of the past. The likes of fellaini, rodwell, baines, jags need to stay. We have 5 players who within 3 years will be looking at hanging their boots up. What are we going to do then?

Be interesting to know how we are up for sale. Kenwright said he isn't interested in diluting His shares. Given the example set by jack Hayward at wolves, he can stop proclaiming to be the true blue he always has done. He shouldn't be out of pocket but he certainly should not expect much on his £20m for 68% of the club. Given the Increase in debt and loss of assets in his tenure.

Anyhow, sort that out and we shouldn't have to sell our best players...

But before we had Fellini rodwell and jags we were doing good, 4th place and all that, and you must agree Moyes is good at spotting young cheap talent? Who says he won't get and develop more young players

Edited by mogsy

Be interesting to know how we are up for sale. Kenwright said he isn't interested in diluting His shares.

He said that in 2005 I believe, his point being that investment would reduce the level of his shares but he wasn't bothered by that.

Bill has said on many occasions that we're up for sale to the right people....you can choose to believe him or you can choose not to but don't pretend he hasn't said it.

Haf - There's an English guy who was CEO of two US 'franchises'. He wrote to people after seeking permission from Bill Kenwright with a view to selling. The price he gave potential investors was £75m-100m for 75% of the club.

They probably had the same look of disbelief as I did when I was charged €6.50 for a pint of heineken at the grasshopper in Amsterdam.

But before we had Fellini rodwell and jags we were doing good, 4th place and all that, and you must agree Moyes is good at spotting young cheap talent? Who says he won't get and develop more young players

Yes he is but it's getting harder and harder for what is now seen as cheap (you can be talking £5million for totally unproven players nowadays), and for us that's not cheap at all.

For every Coleman there's a Scott Spencer or a Lukas Lutkiewicz. You can't progress with that sort of model. Christ, you'd struggle to stand still when your competitors are all making strides to improve.

Yes he is but it's getting harder and harder for what is now seen as cheap (you can be talking £5million for totally unproven players nowadays), and for us that's not cheap at all.

For every Coleman there's a Scott Spencer or a Lukas Lutkiewicz. You can't progress with that sort of model. Christ, you'd struggle to stand still when your competitors are all making strides to improve.

exactly, to keep churning out bargin signings, we would need a scout in every country in the world, and thats never going to happen, and someone would have to co-ordinate what would essentially be a huge operation, Moyes has'nt got the time to do that.

If the club was for sale for say £60m, we would surely be an attractive proposition to an investor who could wipe off our debt, facilitate some form of ground development/move and buy finch farm.

With such a takeover, the perennial talk of selling one of our best players to buy two and pay off some debt will be a thing of the past. The likes of fellaini, rodwell, baines, jags need to stay. We have 5 players who within 3 years will be looking at hanging their boots up. What are we going to do then?

Be interesting to know how we are up for sale. Kenwright said he isn't interested in diluting His shares. Given the example set by jack Hayward at wolves, he can stop proclaiming to be the true blue he always has done. He shouldn't be out of pocket but he certainly should not expect much on his £20m for 68% of the club. Given the Increase in debt and loss of assets in his tenure.

Anyhow, sort that out and we shouldn't have to sell our best players...

In what possible way is Everton an attractive proposition to an investor? An investor has to 1) Buy the club, B) Wipe out debts, c) Provide money for players, d) provide money for wages, e) Compete with clubs around us with much larger budgets, f) Create new revenue streams and g) Re-develop Goodison Park or build a new stadium.

What possible way is there for Everton to generate the sort of income needed per year to pay that investor back and then provide him with a return?

Haf - There's an English guy who was CEO of two US 'franchises'. He wrote to people after seeking permission from Bill Kenwright with a view to selling. The price he gave potential investors was £75m-100m for 75% of the club.

How many people get a slice out of that £75 - £100 million? The English guy won't be brokering this for free and i'm guessing will get a price from Kenwright, anything he sells over that price will reward his efforts handsomely. This is a profit game for anyone brokering a deal to sell anything.

Woods, Earl and Kenwright - their respective brokers and Bernie Mullin for bringing them to the table.

Fellaini linked with a £19-24m move to Real Madrid: http://www.rtl.be/sport/football/footballetranger/222060/fellaini-prochaine-recrue-du-real-madrid-pour-27m-

just seen this on facebook, we would be stupid not accept the way things are going at the moment, as much as it pains me to say so.