IGNORED

Yakubu

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too mate! i really do...if he goes for less than double figures i will be mightily annoyed...to be honest i would be a bit grumpy at less than 15 too!

i dont see us letting him go for less than double figures, if he goes at all. Im starting to hope that he doesnt go and that he proves me wrong about him being a lazy waste of space. I will happily eat my hat.

£4 million for the Yak? I'd be disgusted if we sold him for the £6 million being quoted. The timing of his achilles injury meant he pretty much lost two seasons of regular competitive football, but that's no reason to offload him for peanuts. His record stands for itself - he has scored more than 100 goals in English football, he's 27 and an established international player, where the hell are you gonna get someone like that for £4 million?!? Gold wants to take one the implements his daughter pedals and shove it right where the sun don't shine, anything less than the £10 million we payed for him would be a travesty.

Gold wants to take one the implements his daughter pedals and shove it right where the sun don't shine.....

Agree with the sentiment but I think you mean peddles (unless Jacqueline has one weird looking personally designed bicycle :blink: ).

:lol:

£4 million for the Yak? I'd be disgusted if we sold him for the £6 million being quoted. The timing of his achilles injury meant he pretty much lost two seasons of regular competitive football, but that's no reason to offload him for peanuts. His record stands for itself - he has scored more than 100 goals in English football, he's 27 and an established international player, where the hell are you gonna get someone like that for £4 million?!? Gold wants to take one the implements his daughter pedals and shove it right where the sun don't shine, anything less than the £10 million we payed for him would be a travesty.

If Yakubu is 27 i'll streak across Goodison on the first day of the season.

Agree with the sentiment but I think you mean peddles (unless Jacqueline has one weird looking personally designed bicycle :blink: ).

:lol:

Damn, busted, and I did English at uni as well! Take it that's revenge for me pointing out you'd put Neil McDonald in your worst five signings ever list?! :P

That is exactly what I am saying Martins and Okacha were the same.

There's been controversy in the past about the birth-dates of some African players but I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume they're all lying about their age :mellow: .

Yak was born 22nd Nov 1982, his playing record fits the date perfectly and as far as I know no-one's ever seriously questioned it.

There's been controversy in the past about the birth-dates of some African players but I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume they're all lying about their age :mellow: .

Yak was born 22nd Nov 1982, his playing record fits the date perfectly and as far as I know no-one's ever seriously questioned it.

I am speculating of course, I never thought of it until one night I was at an FAI event with a load of people from English football and during a conversation an agent he told me they lie about their age because it is worth an extra contract in their careers. Yakubu does look about 30 though (although that has always been the case)

I am speculating of course, I never thought of it until one night I was at an FAI event with a load of people from English football and during a conversation an agent he told me they lie about their age because it is worth an extra contract in their careers. Yakubu does look about 30 though (although that has always been the case)

I remember reading a story a few years back about Taribo West when he was at Derby. According to his doucments he was 30/31 or somthing around there but there was an interview with a guy from his home village (I think he was a teacher or Doctor) who said that West was nearer 40 than 30! He said it was easy for Nigerian players to do this as white people have difficulty in seeing how old black people are.

It's madness if we let him go.

Only if we dont replace him with a proven quality striker

Most people would agree that it looked like he was playing for a move before he got injured and there are a lot of stories coming out now that he had agreed then to join Spurs. Add that to the stories doing the rounds that he has already agreed terms with West Ham then I think its time to say thanks for that 20 goal season see you later!

Yak "fully commited" to the club was frustrating enough so I think a want away Yak would be unbearable

Most people would agree that it looked like he was playing for a move before he got injured and there are a lot of stories coming out now that he had agreed then to join Spurs. Add that to the stories doing the rounds that he has already agreed terms with West Ham then I think its time to say thanks for that 20 goal season see you later!

Yak "fully commited" to the club was frustrating enough so I think a want away Yak would be unbearable

I agree 100%, if we get anywhere near a £10 million offer i would deffo say goodbye. ;)

if i age that much in the next 9 months im going to be very depressed. I know ive got a baby face still (going on 27 and still asked for ID back in England for the Lotto...) but i cant say im 100% convinced he is how old he says he is. That being said, Tevez doesnt look anywhere near 26 does he?

Anyway, who cares? 10m is a good chunk of money but question is, who do you replace him with for 5-7m? You're in dreamland if you think we get all 10 to spend.

IMO we won't, and that's just not good enough. Nowadays you have to pay £7million just for the Doyle's and Fletcher's of this world ffs! Neither of them are fit to lick Yak's boots.

I think it's quite clear that we have fuck all to spend unless we sell, so either Moyes thinks he can replace Yak with a pittance (laughable!) or he's gambling that Beckford will be able to replace the Yak's goals (even more laughable). Neither scenario sits well with me.

IMO we won't, and that's just not good enough. Nowadays you have to pay £7million just for the Doyle's and Fletcher's of this world ffs! Neither of them are fit to lick Yak's boots.

I think it's quite clear that we have fuck all to spend unless we sell, so either Moyes thinks he can replace Yak with a pittance (laughable!) or he's gambling that Beckford will be able to replace the Yak's goals (even more laughable). Neither scenario sits well with me.

To be fair if its true that the Yak wants away then you could probably replace him for £2

Couldnt put it any better! We WONT be able to get in a quality goal scorer for less than 20mil. End of story...

To be fair if its true that the Yak wants away then you could probably replace him for £2

Actually thats not too far off the mark either!

To say we can't get a top quality striker for less than £20 million is laughable. Of course we could because the players are out there. Its just a case of buying the right one. That comes with good scouting and buying at the right price. Anyone remember last year? Naughton or Heitenga for not a huge amount of difference. What would be johnnys price now? Or Jags as another example. At the end of the day Moysie sees the players every day and maybe he feels the Yak is not the same player he was. Sometimes the trick of good management is moving on players when they are slightly past there best. Maybe Davey feels the Yak is and could put the money to good use. For one i trust his judgement.

To say we can't get a top quality striker for less than £20 million is laughable. Of course we could because the players are out there. Its just a case of buying the right one. That comes with good scouting and buying at the right price. Anyone remember last year? Naughton or Heitenga for not a huge amount of difference. What would be johnnys price now? Or Jags as another example. At the end of the day Moysie sees the players every day and maybe he feels the Yak is not the same player he was. Sometimes the trick of good management is moving on players when they are slightly past there best. Maybe Davey feels the Yak is and could put the money to good use. For one i trust his judgement.

You wont get a top class quality striker for less than the 20mil figure. Im talking about real quality that would be a step up from Yakubu. As Romey says if the likes of Doyle and Fletcher are trading at 6-7mil, then what will anyone of any real quality be worth!? Im not sure I could name a quality striker that would be a step up from Yakubu for less than around that £20mil figure... The only one I can think of that might be gettable is Huntelaar, but then you also through in the problems of wages and would he actually want to come to the club?

I do admit that you do have a point with Heitinga and Jags but you tend to find that world class strikers dont just pop up from the foreign/lower leagues at their prime age. Most world class strikers are either bought in young or bought for a big price. For example Jermaine Defoe who I would say is in a similar bracket to Yakubu cost Spurs £15mil plus some additional clauses, Darren Bent cost £10mil (to around £16mil with clauses) and I wouldnt say he is as good as Yakubu.

the Yak was again a waste of space this afternoon, going down easier than a prostitute with a guareteened score. Given the chance would swap him with D.Bent but since thats never going to happen and the fact that Yak (when he decides to of course) choses to stay on our feet can hold the ball up quite well, im going to stick with him, though reluctantly, until a decent - and realistic - replacement is sounded out...

Edited by galacticaracnid

the Yak was again a waste of space this afternoon, going down easier than a prostitute with a guareteened score. Given the chance would swap him with D.Bent but since thats never going to happen and the fact that Yak (when he decides to of course) choses to stay on our feet can hold the ball up quite well, im going to stick with him, though reluctantly, until a decent - and realistic - replacement is sounded out...

?? thought he was nigeria's best player other than the keeper! got behind the defence a few times just had no one supporting him..you're bein very harsh i think

?? thought he was nigeria's best player other than the keeper! got behind the defence a few times just had no one supporting him..you're bein very harsh i think

was quite drunk last night so i may have gotten a little carried away. Saying that he was his normal sulky lazy self. Just looked completely half-hearted.

Bill - the "What the papers say" on the OS have said 9 million has been offered.

was quite drunk last night so i may have gotten a little carried away. Saying that he was his normal sulky lazy self. Just looked completely half-hearted.

Bill - the "What the papers say" on the OS have said 9 million has been offered.

I would deffo accept £9m, i think he has let it be known that he wants to move on, so let him move on. ;)