IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I want Martinez to come out with a statement

"Aren't Everton allowed to have great players??? - do we need to sell our best young talent before they are able to have a chance of earning silverwear at this great club? - would Liverpool sell Barkley if they owned him? No, so why should we"

I want Martinez to come out with a statement

"Aren't Everton allowed to have great players??? - do we need to sell our best young talent before they are able to have a chance of earning silverwear at this great club? - would Liverpool sell Barkley if they owned him? No, so why should we"

He did respond to the effect of "one report stated we'd turned down a 50m bid from United, so I don't think we'd accept a 38m bid from Liverpool. It's flattering to read all these reports because it shows just how good our team and players have become."

Edit: Here's his actual quote:

Alluding to reports of interest in Barkley from Manchester United earlier in the season, he joked: “In terms of the speculation, we already turned down a £50 million bid from United, so we’re not going to take £38 million from Liverpool.
“It’s quite enjoyable to speak about speculation. I think it shows how well our players are doing and those are the type of football compliments that we want coming our way.”
Edited by Cornish Steve

The youth who have moved on before I really couldn't have argued with tbh, some of the choices of club (Gosling to the barcodes!) have been a joke but you couldn't blame them the club on a whole seemed to have reached it's ceiling and I can't argue with the youth looking to better their career prospects.

At the moment though I think any young player and to an extent even the loans who want to leave are getting very bad advice!

This club has a solid foundation which love him or hate him the ginger ninja laid down, the youth development is excellent with plenty of talent bubbling just under the first team, there is limited funds available each window and in Martinez we have developed what looks like the early stages of something special in terms of playing style. Anyone who decides to leave this team at the moment wants their head checking.

I don't think Ross, John or anyone else will have their head turned this summer, whats Bobby's brow shoes have achieved this season deserves the respect and commitment of all his players and anyone who thinks the grass is greener I would ship out without batting an eyelid. Next season is the big one though, unless we continue this development I think many of our players may start being attracted by the bigger clubs just like the past!!

The youth who have moved on before I really couldn't have argued with tbh, some of the choices of club (Gosling to the barcodes!) have been a joke but you couldn't blame them the club on a whole seemed to have reached it's ceiling and I can't argue with the youth looking to better their career prospects.

At the moment though I think any young player and to an extent even the loans who want to leave are getting very bad advice!

This club has a solid foundation which love him or hate him the ginger ninja laid down, the youth development is excellent with plenty of talent bubbling just under the first team, there is limited funds available each window and in Martinez we have developed what looks like the early stages of something special in terms of playing style. Anyone who decides to leave this team at the moment wants their head checking.

I don't think Ross, John or anyone else will have their head turned this summer, whats Bobby's brow shoes have achieved this season deserves the respect and commitment of all his players and anyone who thinks the grass is greener I would ship out without batting an eyelid. Next season is the big one though, unless we continue this development I think many of our players may start being attracted by the bigger clubs just like the past!!

Well said. Given Roberto's presence, our excellent youth academy, and history -- and if we get Champion's Leage this time around -- I can see Everton making huge strides against the clubs with seemingly endless pools of money.

NSNO!

Sin Miedo!

• 2 weeks later...

Debut season. 20 years old. 6 goals and number of man of the match performance against the best teams in the country.

How good is going to be in 5 years time!

Going all the way is Ross

Someone at work was telling me Barkley was not bad but lacked technique. Bell end.

Indeed, very good season but still developing and a lot of inconsistency which needs to be worked out. Cant wait to see the player he will become in 3 years time :)

He's done well for his first ever season as a first teamer.

This is his big learning season. I would expect him to hit 10+ goals next season. Not only that, but be more proactive with what he does with the ball. More end product. He has no assists this season. I reckon he'll get at least 5 next season.

Big player for us over the coming years.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-transfers-everton-midfielder-7070995?

Is this guy for real? I HATE that attitude. Seriously, my dicks bigger than yours so I deserve more pudding! Fcuk off you manc cnut.

Just sounds like a typical egotistical knobhead who probably only started following when the money came pouring in.

It's fans like that who's faces I'd love to see when the wheels finally come off.....prick

Ross grew into the game especially after Toure went off. What Ross needs to realise is he can be better than him. ross looked scared to challenge him as he lacked confidence. once ross had his mojo he was unplayable. when he reaches around 23 he will be unplayable and worth bale numbers

Ross has had a great introductory season. But, he should not be going to Brazil, purely because hes not consistent enough. For Euro 2016, Im sure he will be perfect but for now, he is in danger of being our Walcott - put on the big stage too soon and never living up to expectation. Oxlade-Camberlain too.

It's not consistency you look for - it's game changing ability in a tournament. He has that in spades, the ability to beat a man, get a shot away can be the difference.

He should be there just for the reason that in 2 years there will be no Gerrard and lampard. You need youth on that pitch in south America, that heat will see the old guard fade, need that energy that only youth can give.