IGNORED

Suarez racism against Evra

I know this is a Suarez thread, but I don't really feel like talking anything to do with Red Shite right now so I'll just add that you'll actually find Ferguson is usually included in a 'top twenty hard men of soccer' things you'll invariably find on the web but more often than not comes nearer the lower reaches of the list and even players like Jones, Fashanu and Souness (and I''ve gone back on my word there) were considered more belligerent and nasty than Ferguson ever was, people do have a tendency to forget about the good things he achieved and concentrate on his more notorious moments such as the John McStay incident, but I would never classify him as a dirty player or one that went out with deliberate intentions

Back to Suarez now I think

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the wild west you had John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. In their roles capable of great acts of thuggery but have chivalry and an element of judgement that made you know that they were doing what they believed was right.

They would leave the good alone and not only that look after and protect them with whatever weapons at their disposal.

Dunc was our sheriff, he had the best pistols, the best horse and he would happily take on lee van cleef. Not only that, to those who met him he was courteous, personable and had time for his people.

He wasn't a thug he was hard, he wasn't a diver he made people dive, he wasn't a wind up merchant he punched them. He basically did what we all would love to do to certain players if we had the ability and bottle. He was a throw back to days where players who spat got knocked out, where you could leave your front door open, and where players mixed with the fans.

Couldn't really care if you think it's quite sad mate. It's my opinion, and I thought the guy was a thug. Get over it. Keene was a thug too, as was Gerrard. Do you think because we're Everton we only have saints? If there was a poll of the games top 20 thugs, Ferguson would be in it.

No we are not saints it's just that I find it rather strange that you would take so much time and effort to argue and put down one of your own players. Surely you would just make one post about how you think he is a thug rather than going on and on about it to everybody that has a different opinion. Duncan wasn't a thug he was just a hardman and sadly the few moments of madness he had when he lashed out have had him penned as somebody that he is not. Whilst he was here he scored more than enough goals for us that helped us with the league and relegation battles and I think that its quite upsetting to see that all of that is being over-looked by the fact that he's lashed out on a few occassions.

He was a legend at our club and always will be.

No we are not saints it's just that I find it rather strange that you would take so much time and effort to argue and put down one of your own players. Surely you would just make one post about how you think he is a thug rather than going on and on about it to everybody that has a different opinion. Duncan wasn't a thug he was just a hardman and sadly the few moments of madness he had when he lashed out have had him penned as somebody that he is not. Whilst he was here he scored more than enough goals for us that helped us with the league and relegation battles and I think that its quite upsetting to see that all of that is being over-looked by the fact that he's lashed out on a few occassions.

He was a legend at our club and always will be.

Zoo, that's twice you've taken so much time and effort, to tell me I've taken so much time and effort.

I haven't mate. We're chatting amongst mates here. It's not an effort, but a pleasure. Maybe you need to lighten up a bit.

As for Dunc being a hard man, well, I know a few hard men, and I'd fancy their chances against ole Duncy boy. Grabbing Freund by the throat because the ref sent you off is thuggish. You can wrap it in any silken thread you want, but it was thuggish. Not hard. Put him in an MMA ring and tell me how hard he is then Zoo.

I've not taken that much time and effort really I've just been defending someone because I think he's a legend at our club and I find it strange that he's being branded a thug considering how much he has done for us. I would understand if it was someone that had only played a handful of matches for us but when it's a player like Duncan I find it rather strange.

Duncan is a hardman yes, but I didn't say he was some form of an MMA World Champion so I think that the argument you brought up there was quite naff if I'm being honest. Along with that it's nice to know that you know a few hardmen, I never knew that you was part of some underground gang. I'm guessing if I argue too much with you you'll send a few of them round to my house?

I'm not going to post any more about this topic anyway whether you reply or not, I've put my point across and I'm happy to see him as an Everton legend rather than the thug you're trying to brand him as. I joined this forum to discuss Everton and how they were playing not to slag off our ex players.

Flipping eck Zoo. I'm counting to 10 then logging off lad.

I thought I had issues, but you're a bleeding enigma. Don't go near the Moyes thread, or the Cahill thread what ever you do mate. I don't know if you visit forums much, but you need to get used to different opinions. You've only been here 2 minutes and you are causing world war 3 lol.

logo_mol.gif

Is Thumpin' Duncan the biggest thug in Premiership history?

By JOHN EDWARDS, Daily Mail

Last updated at 09:53 02 February 2006

fergusonduncanR020206_100x110.jpg

Duncan Ferguson grabs Stefan Freund against LeicesterIs Thumpin' Duncan the biggest thug in Premiership history? Tell us your views here

Having been involved in a scuffle or two over the course of his career, Duncan Ferguson considers it a matter of intense personal pride that he has yet to come off second best.

Tales of bar room brawls, as well as the odd on-field fracas, have helped build the Big Dunc legend and he looked every inch the prize fighter following his latest altercation at Wigan's JJB Stadium on Tuesday.

Contrition may have come into the equation belatedly, once the red mist cleared, but there was little sign of it in the immediate aftermath of the right-hander that brought him the eighth red card of his Everton career and left Wigan midfielder Paul Scharner doubled up.

As Ferguson took his leave, just seven minutes after going on as a substitute, there was almost a swagger to his measured, deliberate stride.

Far from bowing his head in recognition of his folly, he ripped off his shirt, flexed his muscles and dared anyone in the dug-out area to return his stare as he brushed past Wigan manager Paul Jewell on his way down the tunnel.

No one did, although David Moyes at least wasted no time before providing a sharp reminder that his firebrand front-runner's wallet has suffered its share of hammerings, even if he has not.

In two spells at Goodison Park, a series of club fines have been imposed with the futile intention of curbing his over-aggressive streak.

The latest financial penalty was inevitable after Moyes studied a television replay of Ferguson's loss of control - swinging round and landing a punch in Scharner's midriff - and condemned it as indefensible.

A further fortnight's pay was added to the sort of fighting fund Everton could do without.

Although the £24,000 may seem relatively modest alongside the £34,000 he used to earn in a single week, Ferguson might still shudder at how much his hair-trigger temper has cost since signing from Rangers just over 11 years ago.

At a conservative estimate, the total now stands at over £200,000 from his tally of eight red cards - equal with Patrick Vieira as the worst in the Premiership - plus an unofficial ninth after he was found guilty of violent conduct on video evidence.

He thought he had got away with an elbow on Thomas Hitzlsperger against Aston Villa at Goodison Park three years ago, until being called to account by disciplinary chiefs and handed a three-match ban.

Everton's financial bosses might quietly appreciate the unsolicited contributions, but Moyes was struggling to contain his anger as he assessed the needless loss of Ferguson for another three games on the very day he was forced to concede defeat in his search for attacking reinforcements.

As the transfer window closed, Preston's David Nugent remained overpriced for his age and experience, while Trabzonspor knocked back enquiries for Turkey striker Fatih Tekke.

After turning to James McFadden and Tim Cahill as makeshift strikers against Wigan, Moyes is pinning his hopes on James Beattie not only recovering from a calf strain in time for Saturday's home game with Manchester City but remaining injuryfree for the rest of the season.

There was a defiant look to the Everton manager that mirrored his players' recent demeanour as he looked back on four wins and a draw from their last five Premiership games and said: "There is a spirit about them that has really pleased me and when you've got that in your side, you have always got a chance.

"It was frustrating we couldn't bring anyone in, but I still believe we have the players to turn this into a good season."

The other man sent off at the JJB Stadium, Wigan's Jason Roberts, admitted to being 'a little naive' after also being hit with a three-match ban for elbowing Everton skipper David Weir.

Fortunately for Roberts, he will not miss the Carling Cup final against Manchester United on February 26 as a rearranged Premiership clash with Tottenham has been moved from February 25 to February 18 as both teams are out of the FA Cup.

Roberts said: "Ferguson had been sent off just before me and after someone has been given the red card you always have to be a bit careful yourself.

"Honestly, I really did not try to hurt David Weir - my eyes were on the ball."

Is Thumpin' Duncan the biggest thug in Premiership history? Tell us your views here

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1i4Rx3htU

Guest blueboy122

Well said Patto. The way in which he said the term was racist as it was in a confrontational situation and the only point of bringing someones skin colour into the verbal assault is for it to be taken offensively and there for racist.

Guest blueboy122

Haha Avinalaff you are.... I dont know what you are.

"I know a few hardmen"...... Wow you are special.

"Get him in a mma ring"

We are talking about football hard men here, not trained proffesional fighters.

By the way Zoo it is clear to eveyone on this forum he has far to much time on his hands, he googled my user name, searched for me on dating sites, tried finding me on facebook and twitter of which I have neithier. I think I may alert the police to his presence as he is acting like a major creep, however I have been shitting myself as he knows some hardmen that could take out our hero big dunc so I guess I will have to stay quiet.

Do one bucktooth! Ha

Edited by blueboy122

Cheers Blueboy! I was starting to think whether it was me being pedantic but it's good to know that someone else understands how sad Avinalaff's recent posts are, it seems that some people come on here just to try and find an argument which is sad and out of place considering that this is a forum for Everton Football Club. My experiances have been the same with you Blueboy, whereas he hasn't tried to stalk me on Facebook and Twitter he did spend rather a long time trying to continue our little 'discussion' even though I had stated that I had said all I was going to say about Big Dunc.

I agree with you on all that you have said but I have to admit that you should calm down as with a few more posts like that you could be having a call from Avinalaff's gang of hard-knocks!

in the wild west you had John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. In their roles capable of great acts of thuggery but have chivalry and an element of judgement that made you know that they were doing what they believed was right.

They would leave the good alone and not only that look after and protect them with whatever weapons at their disposal.

Dunc was our sheriff, he had the best pistols, the best horse and he would happily take on lee van cleef. Not only that, to those who met him he was courteous, personable and had time for his people.

He wasn't a thug he was hard, he wasn't a diver he made people dive, he wasn't a wind up merchant he punched them. He basically did what we all would love to do to certain players if we had the ability and bottle. He was a throw back to days where players who spat got knocked out, where you could leave your front door open, and where players mixed with the fans.

agreed...can't say i always agreed with his methods but like said he didn't dive...people like suarez are far more hurtful to the game than ferguson ever was..

Zoo, that's twice you've taken so much time and effort, to tell me I've taken so much time and effort.

I haven't mate. We're chatting amongst mates here. It's not an effort, but a pleasure. Maybe you need to lighten up a bit.

As for Dunc being a hard man, well, I know a few hard men, and I'd fancy their chances against ole Duncy boy. Grabbing Freund by the throat because the ref sent you off is thuggish. You can wrap it in any silken thread you want, but it was thuggish. Not hard. Put him in an MMA ring and tell me how hard he is then Zoo.

guns.gifguns.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Flipping eck Zoo. I'm counting to 10 then logging off lad.

I thought I had issues, but you're a bleeding enigma. Don't go near the Moyes thread, or the Cahill thread what ever you do mate. I don't know if you visit forums much, but you need to get used to different opinions. You've only been here 2 minutes and you are causing world war 3 lol.

apologies about the multiple posts but where is the pot kettle black smiley?

Haha Avinalaff you are.... I dont know what you are.

"I know a few hardmen"...... Wow you are special.

"Get him in a mma ring"

We are talking about football hard men here, not trained proffesional fighters.

By the way Zoo it is clear to eveyone on this forum he has far to much time on his hands, he googled my user name, searched for me on dating sites, tried finding me on facebook and twitter of which I have neithier. I think I may alert the police to his presence as he is acting like a major creep, however I have been shitting myself as he knows some hardmen that could take out our hero big dunc so I guess I will have to stay quiet.

Do one bucktooth! Ha

Lol mate. You are quite something.

Cheers Blueboy! I was starting to think whether it was me being pedantic but it's good to know that someone else understands how sad Avinalaff's recent posts are, it seems that some people come on here just to try and find an argument which is sad and out of place considering that this is a forum for Everton Football Club. My experiances have been the same with you Blueboy, whereas he hasn't tried to stalk me on Facebook and Twitter he did spend rather a long time trying to continue our little 'discussion' even though I had stated that I had said all I was going to say about Big Dunc.

I agree with you on all that you have said but I have to admit that you should calm down as with a few more posts like that you could be having a call from Avinalaff's gang of hard-knocks!

You've just latched on to the forums answer to a monkey.

Well done. Do people normally join a forum and set about making enemies so soon though? You're definitely an interesting specimen. wink.png

Avin, it is clear Big Dunc is the hero of many on here, so you keep calling him a thug and a bully is going to cause annoyance... one of your heroes is Michael Jackson - shall we open that can of worms? Exactly - leave it now.

Yes, you are correct as usual C. Not sure Jackson was a hero though, but I admire your couth.

apologies about the multiple posts but where is the pot kettle black smiley?

Yep. We need one of those. wink.png

That's huge, but I found the following statement.

432. The second aggravating factor was what Mr Suarez said when using the insulting words.

He did not simply use the word "negro" to address Mr Evra. He did that, but he also said

that he had kicked Mr Evra because he was black, and that he did not talk to blacks. Even

if Mr Suarez said these things in the heat of the moment without really meaning them,

nevertheless this was more than just calling Mr Evra "negro". According to the Spanish

language experts, the uses would have been regarded as racially offensive in Uruguay

If that is true then it's very bad for Suarez.. We can't have that attitude in football. mellow.png

Incidentally, the aggravating factors and the mitigating factors are probably what most wil be interested in.

Aggravating factors

430. We then considered the factors that supported a greater penalty than the entry point of a

four-match suspension ("aggravating factors").

431. The first aggravating factor was the number of times Mr Suarez used the word "negro" or

"negros". The entry point of a four-match suspension could apply in a case where the

alleged offender had used insulting words including a reference to colour once only

during a match. We have found that Mr Suarez used the word "negro" or "negros" seven

times in his exchanges with Mr Evra. It happened, also, in a number of phases. First, there

were the exchanges in the goalmouth. Secondly, there was the exchange just before the

referee spoke to the players. Thirdly, there was the exchange just after the referee had

spoken to the players. Whilst we recognised that the exchanges occurred over only a twominute spell in the second half of the match, there were multiple uses of the insulting

words by Mr Suarez.

432. The second aggravating factor was what Mr Suarez said when using the insulting words.

He did not simply use the word "negro" to address Mr Evra. He did that, but he also said

that he had kicked Mr Evra because he was black, and that he did not talk to blacks. Even

if Mr Suarez said these things in the heat of the moment without really meaning them,

nevertheless this was more than just calling Mr Evra "negro". According to the Spanish

language experts, the uses would have been regarded as racially offensive in Uruguay.

433. The third aggravating factor was the context in which Mr Suarez used the insulting words.

The context was of an acrimonious exchange, which included Mr Suarez pinching Mr

Evra's skin and putting his hand on the back of his head, both of which we found were an

attempt by Mr Suarez to wind up Mr Evra. Although we have found that the pinching

itself was not insulting behaviour nor did it refer to Mr Evra's colour, such physical 108

contact as part of a confrontation in which the insulting words were used served to

aggravate the misconduct.

434. The fourth aggravating factor was the fact that the FA has promoted campaigns to root

out all forms of unacceptable behaviour related to a person's ethnic origin, colour or race

in football, such as the "Kick It Out" campaign. Mr Suarez knew or ought to have known

that his behaviour was contrary to the message of those campaigns and unacceptable.

435. The fifth aggravating factor was that the insulting words were targeted by Mr Suarez at

one particular black player, Mr Evra, who Mr Suarez intended should hear the words. It

was not a case of a comment or comments directed at no-one in particular. Rather the

words were directed at Mr Evra in the context of an argument in which Mr Suarez was

attempting to wind up Mr Evra. We accept that Mr Evra was angry and upset during the

remainder of the game and at the end of it as a result of Mr Suarez using the insulting

words.

Mitigating factors

436. We also considered the mitigating factors. The first mitigating factor was that Mr Suarez

had a clean record in relation to charges of this type.

437. The second mitigating factor was that Mr Evra started the confrontation in the goalmouth

and Mr Suarez reacted to it. It is important to point out that Mr Evra's conduct in starting

the confrontation was in response to being fouled, which involved being kicked on a knee

which had caused him trouble in the past. Mr Evra did not touch Mr Suarez and, whilst he

used an offensive phrase which Mr Suarez did not hear, Mr Evra did not use any words

which referred to Mr Suarez's ethnic origin, colour, race or nationality. Nevertheless, he

was the initiator of the confrontation at this moment.

438. The third mitigating factor concerns Mr Suarez's personal situation in terms of his family,

friends and those who look up to him, especially in Uruguay. We recognise that his

behaviour during the match is likely to become widely known as a result of our decision

with the consequent embarrassment and personal difficulty for him. 109

439. The fourth mitigating factor is Mr Suarez's charitable work, especially through the South

Africa football project. We recognise that Mr Suarez has made a valuable contribution

through that project, although a player who does so should be especially careful not to

undermine the principle underlying such a project by his own behaviour on a football

pitch.

440. The fifth mitigating factor is that we believe that Mr Suarez has learned a lesson through

the experience of these proceedings. He told us that he would not use the word "negro" on

a football pitch in England in the future and it would be highly surprising if he did so

It's clear that the panel see Suarez's taunts as a means to wind up Evra.

Much like you MIGHT say "I don't touch scouse birds" etc.... when in fact, it's far from the truth, just a taunt.

They make it clear that when someone says "I don't talk to blacks" it doesn't necessarily make them a racist. It makes them a foolish man saying something rash in the heat of the moment. In Suarez's case, to provoke.

Suarez's whole argument, as I predicted earlier fell down on context. You CAN argue the use the his words as 'acceptable' in some cultures and contexts, but in the midst of an argument, it's very hard to see beyond them being used as a jibe.

I think they've reached a fair conclusions and given the right ban. I can't agree with every single finding, but that's to be expected. On balance, a job well done.

In a word - he's scum. Shame on Liverpool for attempting to "clear" his name for that lot. Mr dalglish needs to learn a little about humility, a mega paid star being pampered and protected when you or I would be thrown on the scrap heap.

I hope this gets as much publicity as the players pathetic attempts to cover him,

Glenn Johnson - bow your head in shame. At what price is it that you can argue the case for a convicted racist because despite his victim having the same skin as you, he didn't wear the same shirt.

Sky sports are showing clips of him having a 'word' shall we say with Evra and pinching the skin on Evras arm its clear as daylight he isnt being pleasant!! Come on Avin how you going to defend that???

The FA should stop the shite from buying a replacement after their antics since the whole thing started, the way they have behaved has been disgraceful.

Far be it for me to defend Suarez but - it appears the FA have drawn the conclusion that Evra's version is the most likely and have acted accordingly. Now that doesnt seem as if anything has been "proved". In addition Suarez and Evra's accounts both state that Evra said to Suarez "dont touch me South American"

So its not alright to make reference to colour but it is alright to show xenophobic tendencies to an entire continent?

Codders if you see the footage that was shown last night Suarez clearly pinches a bit of skin from Evras arm while saying something to him, id not seen this before but its as clear as anything partly due to the fact its highlighted by sky. And when i say pinch i mean between his index finger and thumb i believe SSN were not allowed to show it until the FA had finished their investigation.

Its been done to wind Evra up more than be a racist thing, i believe, he has a habit of winding fans and playees up wherever he plays with his diving and cheating ways hes just misread a situation and taken it way to far! The rules are there he broke them he has to be punished.

Guest blueboy122

Was reading an article in tonights echo and basically what I can gather from the article is that Liverpool made a right balls up of the whole evidence saga. Commoli and Kuyt both filed witness reports to the incident and each story was different in the context that all the stories were different so the F.A just dismissed it as unreliable. Another point that I was made aware of that was Suarez didnt just call Evra "negrito" he called him a negro several times and also said "dont touch me because your black"..... After hearing these comments which suarez has admitted to saying, would I be right in thinking that Liverpool still defended him despite knowing what he actually said in the dispute, I was under the illusion that he only called Evra "negrito".

Another defence of Suarez's was that he often calls people by there appearance for example he calls Kuyt blondie, Andy Carrol "Grendito" or something similar and he refers to G. Johnson as negrito or something..... (I was cringing reading the article at this point due to how poorly he was trying to defend his actions). Another point was that his solicitor retracted his initial statement or something as there was a descrepancey on it anyway try and have a look at the article online if your not sick of reading it all already its a horrific read if you a Liverpool fan the whole Suarez is innocent case is a joke from start to finish basically and very embarrising!! Liverpool football club and its supporters have acted like an absolute shambles over the whole incident and should be extremely embarresed over the conduct of suarez, the management, the players even the big wigs such as commoli. As they all have a lot to answer for after hearing what was actually said in reference to calling Evra a negro and asking him to not touch him because he was black.

However I do agree on the points made that Evra's comments should be looked into.

Edited by blueboy122