IGNORED

Suarez racism against Evra

As there are no gay footballers at any team in the UK that wouldn't be an issue surelyhuh.png ?

I think that's dodging the issue though, Mike.

The question was whether you thought it would get the same response.

In the NBA, Kobe Bryant was hit with a big fine and condemnation (and his comment was directed at someone who wasn't gay).

http://www.suntimes....at-referee.html

The question remains whether you feel, in this country, and football in particular, if you want to narrow the parameters, that a gay slur or a xenophobic slur would carry the same weight as certian racial ones?

I feel they don't. I feel a lot of things are tolerated which shouldn't be.

Edited by formby

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it was just a case of the mention of his skin colour that's caused offence, then I take it "Jungle Bunny" would have been perfecly acceptable?

Strange, as well, that Javier Hernandez wasn't banned for 8 games when he calls someone "Negrito" in an interview on camera whilst playing for United.

if it was just a case of the mention of his skin colour that's caused offence, then I take it "Jungle Bunny" would have been perfecly acceptable?

Strange, as well, that Javier Hernandez wasn't banned for 8 games when he calls someone "Negrito" in an interview on camera whilst playing for United.

Is that genuine? Thats quite a statement to come out with if its true then im sure the FA would have to act accordingly. Its a shame really i remember during the 80s there was a lot more abuse aimed at black players. I wasnt old enough to fully understand everything that was said but now with all the coverage the kick it out campaign has done i wouldnt have expected something like this to happen.

I think that's dodging the issue though, Mike.

Was being ironic formby, sorry. The ridiculous pretence that there are no gay men playing football is shameful. Seriously needs to be addressed.....I'm sure as it stands any homophobic abuse would be brushed under the carpet.

Was being ironic formby, sorry. The ridiculous pretence that there are no gay men playing football is shameful. Seriously needs to be addressed.....I'm sure as it stands any homophobic abuse would be brushed under the carpet.

It's okay. I think I must have mis-read your smiley.

Wasn’t Evra part of that group of racists and homophobes in the French team who treated Yoann Gourcuff so disgracefully at the World Cup? Remember reading he was at the time.

http://en.yagg.com/2010/07/08/france%E2%80%99s-world-cup-fiasco-and-now-homophobia/

It's okay. I think I must have mis-read your smiley.

Wasn’t Evra part of that group of racists and homophobes in the French team who treated Yoann Gourcuff so disgracefully at the World Cup? Remember reading he was at the time.

http://en.yagg.com/2...now-homophobia/

yes, Evra has a history of accusing opposition players of making racial remarks or flying elbows against him, if you believe him he is the most hard done by player in the game, can't help feeling sometime when he comes up against an player who is giving him the run around (not difficult imo) his fail safe is too run to the ref and start crying. BUT Suarez is an animal, and you only have to look at his playing history in Holland to see he is exactly the sort of player who is going to make racist remarks to a fellow pro, and that's before you even get to that whole biting incident, which imo he should have banned for life from the game for.

yes, Evra has a history of accusing opposition players of making racial remarks or flying elbows against him, if you believe him he is the most hard done by player in the game, can't help feeling sometime when he comes up against an player who is giving him the run around (not difficult imo) his fail safe is too run to the ref and start crying. BUT Suarez is an animal, and you only have to look at his playing history in Holland to see he is exactly the sort of player who is going to make racist remarks to a fellow pro, and that's before you even get to that whole biting incident, which imo he should have banned for life from the game for.

Pris, the biting incident was light hearted. Did you not see them smiling afterwards, and then hugging after the match?

Guest blueboy122

Haha them dating things and twitter profiles are actually hillarious. But avinalaff mate you really are sad, searching for me? Really mate? Really? Haha Go white did you haha. I dont have twitter or even facebook for that matter but I would certainly love to be that bloke from the twitter page what a legend! Haha.

On a serious note though that man looks like a pervert. Avinalaugh your a creep thats really weird that you have searched for me on dating sites and what ever other sites you are part of.

Yeah my comments were harsh, but I definatley would knock you off your high horse you little prick.

Anyhow good comments written by Formby, I was under the illusion that the word negrito meant small black person in spanish? Eithier way as has been previously stated the term was used in an offensive manner and when someones skin colour and ethnic background comes into the insult it then becomes racially intended. How can Liverpool appeal against the ban, on what grounds?

Edited by blueboy122

Haha them dating things and twitter profiles are actually hillarious. But avinalaff mate you really are sad, searching for me? Really mate? Really? Haha Go white did you haha. I dont have twitter or even facebook for that matter but I would certainly love to be that bloke from the twitter page what a legend! Haha.

On a serious note though that man looks like a pervert. Avinalaugh your a creep thats really weird that you have searched for me on dating sites and what ever other sites you are part of.

Yeah my comments were harsh, but I definatley would knock you off your high horse you little prick.

Anyhow good comments written by Formby, I was under the illusion that the word negrito meant small black person in spanish? Eithier way as has been previously stated the term was used in an offensive manner and when someones skin colour and ethnic background comes into the insult it then becomes racially intended. How can Liverpool appeal against the ban, on what grounds?

The searches were just banter, even if I am a total wacko in real life. wink.png It was a nervous reaction to reading your Internet gangster hard man act. doh.gif

I did think about stalking you and boiling your pet rabbit. However, for the sake of others I'm going to ignore your letters of love. I only wish I'd been the first to think of doing so, but I fear I'm probably one of many, as opposed to being an innovator on this occasion. Good luck with the dating though. It's not nice to be on your own at this time of year. I'm sure if you keep looking though, you'll eventually find your masochistic anal hound with a fetish for rubber and big talk. smile.png

Happy Christmas.

Need to have some context for that if it happened to be able to judge. Who was doing the interview for what market?

it was for south american television.

can't find the link now someone posted it on a website, anyway heres another example of him using it.

http://www.chivascampeon.com/noticia/2009/

it's in the text BTW.

regards context, remember evra instigated the converstion in spanish, whatever was said MUST be taken in THAT context surely?

have a look at that argentinian banner I posted earlier, it's pretty bloody obvious that "negrito" is nothing like a racist term.

regards context, remember evra instigated the converstion in spanish, whatever was said MUST be taken in THAT context surely?

have a look at that argentinian banner I posted earlier, it's pretty bloody obvious that "negrito" is nothing like a racist term.

So if I start a conversation in English in Zimbabwe (and cause offence) I must expect the Zimbabwean authorities to adhere to what's socially acceptable (and legal) in Britain rather than locally?

And "negrito", however you want to portray it, means "little black person" so it's about colour. So it's a racist comment....no defence.

So if I start a conversation in English in Zimbabwe (and cause offence) I must expect the Zimbabwean authorities to adhere to what's socially acceptable (and legal) in Britain rather than locally?

And "negrito", however you want to portray it, means "little black person" so it's about colour. So it's a racist comment....no defence.

evra, the frenchman, started the conversation in spanish with a uraguian. it's pretty obvious he chose suarez's native tounge to drive home his snide little "sudaco" barb.

and "little black person", even in english, isn't racist in this country. neither is "little black friend" which is a much closer translation.

shaun wright phillips is a VERY little black person, for example.

It astounds me that Liverpool fans are being so defensive of him, some of their ex players are the ones behind the kick it out camaign and yet theyre trying to undermine everything that they have done just because its one of their players who has said something stupid.

You can see by the way the two of them were going at each other that it wasnt said to be 'nice' or 'endearing' to Evra anyone who think that is just acting daft.

I just wonder what theyd be saying if it had been the other way around?? I can hardly see them saying it was friendly if a Manure player had said it to one of theirs.

It astounds me that Liverpool fans are being so defensive of him, some of their ex players are the ones behind the kick it out camaign and yet theyre trying to undermine everything that they have done just because its one of their players who has said something stupid.

You can see by the way the two of them were going at each other that it wasnt said to be 'nice' or 'endearing' to Evra anyone who think that is just acting daft.

I just wonder what theyd be saying if it had been the other way around?? I can hardly see them saying it was friendly if a Manure player had said it to one of theirs.

If it happened to one of 'our' players, and we believed he was guilty only of using the word, but innocent regarding any racial intent, would we not support him? Would we hang him out to dry? I don't find it surprising at all that his club are supporting him.

Well, not really. He admitted he used a word that is ok in another country but not really ok here. If he hasnt been malicious he has been naive, its one or the other for me.

Liverpool could have supported him quite easily after he admitted that just by saying he didnt realise it wasnt ok here and we will support him and teach him so this doesnt happen again, have their players wear kick it out T shirts, put his name on the back if they wish. Instead they have just acted very distastefully in my opinion.

One of them has used the others place of origin the other has used the colour of the skin. Suarez could have replied with "you French prick" or something like that, then alls fair.

Well, not really. He admitted he used a word that is ok in another country but not really ok here. If he hasnt been malicious he has been naive, its one or the other for me.

Liverpool could have supported him quite easily after he admitted that just by saying he didnt realise it wasnt ok here and we will support him and teach him so this doesnt happen again, have their players wear kick it out T shirts, put his name on the back if they wish. Instead they have just acted very distastefully in my opinion.

One of them has used the others place of origin the other has used the colour of the skin. Suarez could have replied with "you French prick" or something like that, then alls fair.

Is French prick not racism?

It tickles me the way the FA are rinsing players of their money. How can they justify fines of that size, regardless of what players earn. It's ridiculous.

To be honest I think they should fine them more with the money going to charity.

The fine is meant to be a punishment and fining someone less than a weeks wages isnt exactly going to make them not do it again!