IGNORED

Suarez racism against Evra

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool F.C have shown a lack of integrity throughout this affair from Surez to Dalglish, to the players wearing t shirts to Glen Johnson.

They should release an apology for the disgraceful manner in which they tried to defend their star player whilst clearly knowing what the FA were using as part of the evidence. Evra is no saint i'm sure but they have tried to illustrate that he had 'previous' - which in fact was untrue in the case of racism claims.

They have set the 'kick it out' campaign back - and in all honesty they have severely harmed their reputation. If our club had acted the same I would be extremely embarrassed...

If our club had acted the same I would be extremely embarrassed...

I very much doubt we wouldn't have some form of punishment if that was the case.

The thing that has got to me is the players that they have who are of ethnic origin the fans and even sports personalities in general have not spoken out about they way the players the "tw@t" manager and more so the club have acted!?

Either way I think 9 games in a very busy period will do them "some" harm hopefully...

Phil McNulty on the beeb tonight.....

"Liverpool are without Luis Suarez, who starts his eight-match ban...."

Does this mean Liverpool aren't appealing it? Thought is was suspended pending appealhuh.png .

Edit: Answering myself. Yes.

http://www.telegraph...cial-abuse.html

"Continuing a fight for justice in this particular case beyond would only obscure the fact that the club wholeheartedly supports the efforts of the Football Association, the Football League and the Premier League to put an end to any form of racism in English football.

"It is time to put the Luis Suárez matter to rest and for all of us, going forward, to work together to stamp out racism in every form both inside and outside the sport.

"It is for this reason that we will not appeal the eight-game suspension of Luis Suárez."

Just wait till you hear Suarezs statement its incredible it says something along the lines of "i will serve my punishment as a man who has done nothing wrong" what the f*** is this guy on? The club statement doesnt do much better either. Seriously how can anyone say 'dont touch me cos your black' not think its a racist comment.

On a brighter note theyre losing 2-0 at Eastlands.

Edited by smeghead1

Admittedly I had a quick glance at a Livershite FC forum page a short time ago just to see the recent debates and amid all the Suarez business I took great delight in seeing some shite supporters getting into a rage over tonights match progress thread, I do hope City can keep it up and add a few more and really give them a hiding, that would be just fine.

And by the way boys, lose the fucking Gerrard lifting the European Cup masthead, I realize it's maybe the last thing you ever won but that was like back when dinosaurs were roaming Stanley Park mellow.png

You're playing a game tonight and losing 2-0 and in all probability will be another season of empty hands, get with the real world

Admittedly I had a quick glance at a Livershite FC forum page a short time ago just to see the recent debates and amid all the Suarez business I took great delight in seeing some shite supporters getting into a rage over tonights match progress thread, I do hope City can keep it up and add a few more and really give them a hiding, that would be just fine.

And by the way boys, lose the fucking Gerrard lifting the European Cup masthead, I realize it's maybe the last thing you ever won but that was like back when dinosaurs were roaming Stanley Park mellow.png

You're playing a game tonight and losing 2-0 and in all probability will be another season of empty hands, get with the real world

funniest image of dalglish and rush fightin over a goat with little arms :lol:

"Thank you to my family, my friends and everybody at LFC (the staff, manager and coaching staff, the directors, my team mates and everyone who is working on a daily basis for this great club) and thank you especially to all the fans who made sure I never felt let down for one second. During those days I understood more than ever what ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ means.

Like many of you I was born into a very humble family, in a working class neighbourhood, in a small country. But I was born and raised learning what respect, manners and sacrifice mean. Thanks to my family, from my first club where I started playing, to my transfer to Holland in Europe, I learned the values which made me the person I am now."

crying.gif crying%20smiley.gifcrying.gifcrying%20smiley.gif crying.gif

"Thank you to my family, my friends and everybody at LFC (the staff, manager and coaching staff, the directors, my team mates and everyone who is working on a daily basis for this great club) and thank you especially to all the fans who made sure I never felt let down for one second. During those days I understood more than ever what ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ means.

Like many of you I was born into a very humble family, in a working class neighbourhood, in a small country. But I was born and raised learning what respect, manners and sacrifice mean. Thanks to my family, from my first club where I started playing, to my transfer to Holland in Europe, I learned the values which made me the person I am now."

crying.gif crying%20smiley.gifcrying.gifcrying%20smiley.gif crying.gif

Has somebody won an award?

I've just been having a nosey on RAWK and I have never read as much deluded shite in my entire life it's unreal!!

If you can stomach it have a nosey and read some of the crap they spout regarding Slimez.

Also have a look at the Enrique thread who I do rate and think was a cracking buy for 6m but they seem to think He's the best LB or one of in Europe and also Mr headless chicken Johnson is the best RB.....Shocking stuff

The Liverpool lads are usually great on football matters (generally speaking), but on THIS subject, they're mad at the club for not fighting the FA!!!... deluded.

The report says it all (for those that bother to read it.... it's quite lengthy). There's no PROOF of intent, merely common sense. Liverpool made a balls up of their story not least in part, due to a small change in a foreign language having a significant change of meaning, and having been aware of how important it was to get the wording EXACTLY right, Liverpool failed to do so... with a couple of variations about what was actually said. The panel concluded - that Liverpool are either stupid (unlikely), and that a ref is a liar (unlikely), or Liverpool simply aren't sure what was said (in which case stop pretending they ARE sure), or they have adjusted the story to suit.

But at the end of the day, Evra got his story fairly straight and it tallied with the video evidence. Suarez told one story, discovered new video evidence against him and changed the story, THEN amended his story to use phrases that fitted better with the language advisors reports.

The panel essentially concluded that Suarez's team were twisting every which way to make the facts fitted, whilst Evra told a simple story and it all tallied. The nail in the coffin was 'you can use the negro word' as a friend... it's normal..... which is TRUE. You can also piss on a close friend (IF that's your thing).... but in the middle of a slanging match between two blokes not getting along, then it ONLY has one meaning...

Liverpool have backed the wrong horse, Dalglish is embarrassed, but hasn't the balls to hold his hands up, and this new little 'we could say a lot more if we wanted to' stunt is just digging a deeper hole.

Liverpool are a fantastic club (don't say a word!!!), but this one is a bad mistake for them.

Edited by BlueSky

not sure what everyone seems to have read here but the only "evidence" the FA received that claimed suarez said "I don't speak to blacks", "don't touch me because you're black", or "blackie, blackie, blackie" is from evra, and people evra spoke to after the game had finished.

There is no video evidence of him saying anything like what has been said, nor are their any 1st hand witnesses to it.

Suarez admitted to saying it once, in nothing like the manner evra has suggested above.

There are also massive contradictions in the evidence evra has given to what he said at the time, but the FA simply ignored them as inconsequential, which seems very odd.

they've simply convicted suarez because they prefered the cut of Evra's jib, and pretty much admitted it.

not sure what everyone seems to have read here

Suarez admitted to saying it once, in nothing like the manner evra has suggested above.

massive contradictions

simply convicted suarez because they prefered the cut of Evra

He admitted to saying it what more evidence is needed if you call a person who you don't personally a cnut it has the same meaning regardless of how you say it really as with what Suarez said to argue the case of tone of comment is another kick in the teeth to other Black players for me.

Maybe they went with Evra as for one Suarez admitted saying the above he also pinched him to envoke a reaction and so on whilst Liverpools evidence was shambolic and massively inconsistent.

All that is Liverpool who claim he is no racist keep banging on about Negrito in his native tongue is fine He isn't in his native land for crying out load and keep forgetting he admitted saying I don't talk to blacks!!

Evra is always the victim and I personally don't like the blokes attitude but on this one Suarez is bang to rights..

not sure what everyone seems to have read here but the only "evidence" the FA received that claimed suarez said "I don't speak to blacks", "don't touch me because you're black", or "blackie, blackie, blackie" is from evra, and people evra spoke to after the game had finished.

There is no video evidence of him saying anything like what has been said, nor are their any 1st hand witnesses to it.

There are also massive contradictions in the evidence evra has given to what he said at the time, but the FA simply ignored them as inconsequential, which seems very odd.

they've simply convicted suarez because they prefered the cut of Evra's jib, and pretty much admitted it.

The problem is.... if Suarez had been holding out his hand to pick Evra up off the floor and used that term he did, he MIGHT have a case for saying he was establishing rapport with the term...

Just as you might say to a friend "get up you silly b'stard!" and laugh together.

When you're embroiled in an argument, it's much harder to put that case forward.

Also, Suarez changed his testimony over time, and it changes in accordance with new evidence as it arrived. He changed it in the light of new video evidence that wasn't aired, but existed (and was disclosed to his counsel), and he changed it to user terminology that the language experts used in their report, thus giving the impression he 'cottoned on' to trying to get the language evidence to tally with his account.

Also, Liverpool FC, including Mr Dalglish and Mr Cammioli changed their account of the words used. The panel didn't believe this to be pure chance, since Liverpool FC had already begun to act in a 'formal' manner by getting Suarez' testimony minutes after the allegation was made, and giving specific words to the referee who documented them. Then over time, and despite numerous documents that had been approved and signed, kept modifying the words used.

Evra's testimony tallied with video evidence he wasn't even aware of, and whilst there were a couple of inconsistencies from Evra too, they were relatively minor.

He's done for, and the right verdict given. I don't think he's a racist, I think he was winding Evra up, and vice versa, and he resorted to the obvious insult (in his eyes) with a provocative comment about Evra being black.

I'm no fan of Evra or Suarez, but have to side with Evra.

I just look forward to seeing Suarez PLAY because he's damn good, and stop with the antics (because those aren't good).

All getting a bit out of hand. The FA have made a decision, and it's up to them to do their own house keeping. Destroying Suarez isn't the solution. Destroying racism is. He is but one of many. Let's not use him as a warning to others. That would be terribly wrong. His punishment needs to be specific to 'his' act, and he is serving his sentence. He now needs to be protected from all this hierarchy finger pointing. Suarez isn't a representative for racism, and Liverpool aren't advocates of it.

I can see his point (the bloke saying Liverpool should be punished for disrepute) but let sleeping dogs lie now I think. Let Liverpool climb down as best they can.

I'm more saddened that I STILL hear some lousy comments and the odd chant on the terraces that simply shouldn't be happening... all the obvious sexuality and race comments, plus that awful jibe about Wenger (doesn't deserve to be spelled out).

Prejudice is alive and kicking on our terraces still, it's up to us all to say "knock it off mate, there's a limit".

He admitted to saying it what more evidence is needed if you call a person who you don't personally a cnut it has the same meaning regardless of how you say it really as with what Suarez said to argue the case of tone of comment is another kick in the teeth to other Black players for me.

Maybe they went with Evra as for one Suarez admitted saying the above he also pinched him to envoke a reaction and so on whilst Liverpools evidence was shambolic and massively inconsistent.

All that is Liverpool who claim he is no racist keep banging on about Negrito in his native tongue is fine He isn't in his native land for crying out load and keep forgetting he admitted saying I don't talk to blacks!!

Evra is always the victim and I personally don't like the blokes attitude but on this one Suarez is bang to rights..

where did he admit to saying I don't speak to blacks?

he admitted he only used it once, saying "por que, Negro?", which means, literally, "why, black?"

and regardless of what "Land" he was in, it was a private conversation in spanish between two spanish speakers. It's pathetically obvious that taking whatever was said in any other context other than that is to wilfully subvert the meaning to fit an agenda.

Look at the back page of the mirror the other day - Suarez "I called him a Negro". did he fuck, negro might have the same spelling as the english word, but it's not spoken the same (pronounced neh-gro), nor does it have the same meaning.

They've found someone "guilty" based completely on their taking one persons word over anothers, nothing more.

Don't forget, racist abuse is a crime, will the FA do the responsible thing and hand their evidence to the CPS so the criminal can be charged? rofl.gif

where did he admit to saying I don't speak to blacks?

he admitted he only used it once, saying "por que, Negro?", which means, literally, "why, black?"

and regardless of what "Land" he was in, it was a private conversation in spanish between two spanish speakers. It's pathetically obvious that taking whatever was said in any other context other than that is to wilfully subvert the meaning to fit an agenda.

Look at the back page of the mirror the other day - Suarez "I called him a Negro". did he fuck, negro might have the same spelling as the english word, but it's not spoken the same (pronounced neh-gro), nor does it have the same meaning.

They've found someone "guilty" based completely on their taking one persons word over anothers, nothing more.

Don't forget, racist abuse is a crime, will the FA do the responsible thing and hand their evidence to the CPS so the criminal can be charged? rofl.gif

If he had said "why black?" in english it would still be considered racist. Unbelievable that Liverpool fans are showing this blind loyalty, it's disgusting.

Unbelievable isn't it - El Hadj Douif got hung out to dry and rightly so for his behaviour - spitting etc. They made the decision to do that based on the fact he really wasn't very good.

Roll on a few years and arguably their best player is at the centre of a race storm at a time when the Stephen Lawrence case calls for much sensitivity and leadership from an established sporting institution. They have dug a hole so big that they can no longer climb out. Their fear of losing their star man led to Kenny Dalglish tarnishing his repuation.

In short - they have tried to get Suarez off using technicalities based on where he came from. They had a legal team who shook hands with the FA after the case, the FA used video evidence in line with what Evra stated and it stood up. He hasn't been sacked, or sent to prison, he could have just came clean, accepted the 8 match ban,

They use phrases such as "YNWA" to defend Suarez who admitted using a word deemed as an insult - what is that all about!!! That is a phrase which I associate with a far more serious and justified campaign than trying to get a talented but odious striker off a ban for something he was rightly punished for.

I wonder how many school kids across merseyside have used the word "Negrito" of recent in the knowledge that their football club says it's ok to do so... must be a headmasters nightmare.