IGNORED

Suarez racism against Evra

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avinalaff, What are you talking about? Self Respect? Please inform me of your view on my personal state? You are a complete wanker mate, what makes you sit there you sad bastard and comment on other peoples posts and say have some self respect, get off your high horse dickhead before I knock you off. Can not stand people like you who are all high and mighty infront of a computer screen. You are probably an odeous little man who got bullied at school and wife has left you because your that much of a loser.

blueboy i think your comments are a bit strong to say the least,you wouldnt be a red would you.

I wonder, lol. laugh.png

Untitled-23.jpg

This is all getting rather ridiculous now, Stan Collymore has been told to go hang yourself like gary speed on twitter for having an opinion on the Suarez incident if you have time lads go and have a look on his twitter account hes actually racially abused himself BY A LIVERPOOL FAN!! Unbelievable. Suarez made a comment about the colour if Evras skin, has admitted it and Daglish has completely lost the plot.

Sending out your players in support of Suarez in my eyes wouldve meant wearing anti racism tshirts not ones with his face on it. Never has a club or manager got a public showing that wrong before.

doesn't wash with me this argument that we're in england so english sensibilities should be adhered to.

the conversation, which evra instigated, was in spanish. "Negro", in spanish used in south america, has the same meaning as "mate", or "pal". my uncles columbian internet girlfriend confirmed this to me over facebook. whilst it is a word used to describe a black person, it has absolutely no racist overtones whatsoever in south american culture, and is commonly used between friends of different races.

"don't touch me, south american"...this from a player who had already accused the ref of racism in the same game.

the man is an oddball.

Edited by johny

Like just about everyone else, I can't be sure exactly what was said between Suarez and Evra, although Suarez has admited saying certain words.....it's just his body language din't look like he was exactly being pleasent !

so!.......he was using a word that we are assured by a reds ' uncles columbian internet girlfriendrolleyes.gif ' ....is a nice word, used when you are being nice to a coloured person.......why did he look like he wanted to rip his head off whilst uttering sweet nothings into Evras ear?

Eight games ban!.........should be more like 12...........they have a £35 million pound player ready to fill his boots.

It's not faircrying.gif

The other reason that Suarez is in the wrong is that he repeated it after Evras reaction. Im sure if id said something like that and got that sort of reaction id know it had upset him, to do it again would be stupid!!

The argument that Evra said go away South American which Evra has admitted to doesnt mention the colour of Suarezs skin were as Nigrito refers to the fact Evras black, how can the shite defend him?? He admitted saying it nobody is saying hes a racist just that he used an offensive remark about the colour of Evras skin what defence is there ffs???

The other reason that Suarez is in the wrong is that he repeated it after Evras reaction. Im sure if id said something like that and got that sort of reaction id know it had upset him, to do it again would be stupid!!

The argument that Evra said go away South American which Evra has admitted to doesnt mention the colour of Suarezs skin were as Nigrito refers to the fact Evras black, how can the shite defend him?? He admitted saying it nobody is saying hes a racist just that he used an offensive remark about the colour of Evras skin what defence is there ffs???

Suarez has admitted to saying it once, Evra accused him of saying it 10 times in a interview.

If the papers are to be believed Evra in his written statement has only now accused him of saying it once.

The thing you are missing is all of this was spoken in Spanish and Evra said "Dijo desaparecen Sudaca" With Sudaca ​being highly offensive to someone from a south american country, This is why LFC in there statement have said "We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms."

I'm not defending him using the word i'm defending him from people calling him a Racist when he clearly is not. Also for people to actually look at the real meaning of the words spoken.

as darkly funny as it is that what evra said is considered much, much worse in south america, it's not half as funny as the fact that Negro is the literal translation of the word Alan Hansen was derided for NOT using on live TV.afro2.gif

this country is fucking nuts.

and blue 250, you don't have to take my word for it by any means, it's called the world wide web for a reason...

Like just about everyone else, I can't be sure exactly what was said between Suarez and Evra, although Suarez has admited saying certain words.....it's just his body language din't look like he was exactly being pleasent !

so!.......he was using a word that we are assured by a reds ' uncles columbian internet girlfriendrolleyes.gif ' ....is a nice word, used when you are being nice to a coloured person.......why did he look like he wanted to rip his head off whilst uttering sweet nothings into Evras ear?

Eight games ban!.........should be more like 12...........they have a £35 million pound player ready to fill his boots.

It's not faircrying.gif

Thats more of a punishment I wouldve thought.

The thing you are missing is all of this was spoken in Spanish and Evra said "Dijo desaparecen Sudaca" With Sudaca ​being highly offensive to someone from a south american country,

So if it'd happened in South America Evra might have been in trouble.

But it didn't.

I could run around town calling everyone I met sudeca and no-one would be bothered.

Isn't that what you're missing?

So if it'd happened in South America Evra might have been in trouble.

But it didn't.

I could run around town calling everyone I met sudeca and no-one would be bothered.

Isn't that what you're missing?

You're saying no South America people live in you're town? then as i'm sure if one heard it he would take offence to it.

I could probably say "Negrito" while speaking spanish to most English people and they would not even notice doh.gif

Isn't that what you're missing that Evra didn't say it to a Englishmen he said it to a Uruguayan before "Negrito" was even said?

Also you're argument "So if it'd happened in South America Evra might have been in trouble.

But it didn't. "

Can also be used in Suarez favor he used "Negrito" which is not a English word so if he used it in a Spanish speaking country Suarez might have been in trouble.

But it didn't so he is being judged by how the British perceive it!

Edited by Redside

You're saying no South America people live in you're town?

Not even any black people in my town as far as I know....certainly not a single one among the 650 kids at my lad's school.

But that's irrelevant....I think if you called English people negrito they'd kind of get the gist wouldn't they?

Bottom line is if you move country you have to abide by what's legal and socially acceptable where you're living, not where you come from.

Not even any black people in my town as far as I know....certainly not a single one among the 650 kids at my lad's school.

But that's irrelevant....I think if you called English people negrito they'd kind of get the gist wouldn't they?

Bottom line is if you move country you have to abide by what's legal and socially acceptable where you're living, not where you come from.

I full agree with that,

But what i don't is people calling him racist for a word that in his own country is perfectly acceptable with foods named after it.

I full agree with that,

But what i don't is people calling him racist for a word that in his own country is perfectly acceptable with foods named after it.

But said in a heat of a football match between two teams who have a history of enmity between them I don't think it would have been aimed friendly. If this incident would have involved anyone from other than Liverpool, the debate would still have been ongoing but I suggest the response from Liverpool fans/ players/ the club in general would be decidedly different.

Some of the posts on this thread and sadly across the board lately are pathetic to say the least!

The guys been found guilty it's as simple as that and the way that the shite have backed him is an absolute joke not that it bothers me as it made a mockery of them to many.

I'm all for clubs showing players support but when He has admitted to using words "nigarito" i think it was over 10 times and being in a way charged with the offense to still back him is laughable and shows a huge lack of respect for me.

A great player but tarnished due to being a diving cheat.

Some of the posts on this thread and sadly across the board lately are pathetic to say the least!

The guys been found guilty it's as simple as that and the way that the shite have backed him is an absolute joke not that it bothers me as it made a mockery of them to many.

I'm all for clubs showing players support but when He has admitted to using words "nigarito" i think it was over 10 times and being in a way charged with the offense to still back him is laughable and shows a huge lack of respect for me.

A great player but tarnished due to being a diving cheat.

Is there any reason you don't like Suarez and think he's racist Paul? tongue.png

We struggle even to order a pint of lager when we are abroad on holiday.

Is Suarez to be expected to become an expert in English culture in the short space of time he's been here? This is a 24 year old kid when all said and done. I'm not saying what he did was right, but that it wasn't quite the same as a racist onslaught from a swasticka tattooed skinhead demanding he leave the country or get fed to a pit bull. There has to be clarification towards intent, as well as acknowledgement of wrong doing.

There has to be clarification towards intent, as well as acknowledgement of wrong doing.

Why? Impossible to prove....anyone could say anything and then "I didn't mean it" would be an acceptable defence.

Ignorance is no defence....might be a bit of mitigation perhaps, but no more than that.

Why? Impossible to prove....anyone could say anything and then "I didn't mean it" would be an acceptable defence.

Ignorance is no defence....might be a bit of mitigation perhaps, but no more than that.

Would 'you' want to be punished for something you didn't mean? I wouldn't. If he meant it in a racial way, then he deserves the consequences. If he didn't, then to be in the public eye over it all (much worse than any ban) is an awful thing. I hope it blows over quickly, and it serves as a warning to anybody else, but I wouldn't want Suarez to be made an example of. While there is doubt, there has to be caution.

The term 'I didn't mean it' is an interesting subject. I was recently asked to consider just that myself recently with a guy who had made comments on this very forum that had caused upset. Can I offer an open mind to him, and offer forgiveness, and not offer the same to Suarez? For me, the two scenarios are similar. Only the guy who is accused knows the real truth. What we have to do is consider that truth. Everybody deserves a little leniency in life, or we would always be at each others throats. If Suarez doesn't learn from it all, and does it again, then that is different, but if it's a first offence, perhaps educating the guy is better than condemning him. Heaven knows, I ain't perfect, and I need all the allowances in the world. Maybe Suarez should receive a little.

Would 'you' want to be punished for something you didn't mean?

Of course not...so I'd apologise profusely, explain why I think I'd been misunderstood and then accept the consequences (actually happened a few years ago with a ridiculous driving offence that went to court which I'm happy to detail if you like).

Suarez (as far as anyone knows) has only done the middle one.

Of course not...so I'd apologise profusely, explain why I think I'd been misunderstood and then accept the consequences (actually happened a few years ago with a ridiculous driving offence that went to court which I'm happy to detail if you like).

Suarez (as far as anyone knows) has only done the middle one.

He's probably been told to stay away from the media. I don't have experience behind closed doors regarding the lives of high profile football players, but I expect he has lots of people advising him at the moment. As I said on page one, I can't for the life of me understand why he would join a new club, with a new league, new country, and complete fresh start, (other than the WC problem) and then immediately set about to destroy that opportunity. It doesn't sit well with me. I think it is retribution for his hand ball. A big 'revenge' conspiracy taking place if you like. wink.png It will be a new book soon. You can feel it. tongue.png

He's probably been told to stay away from the media.

So then his employers (who are certainly not staying away from the media) should have done it on his behalf.

You're seriously suggesting that all this is retribution from the FA for him denying Ghana a goal at the World Cup? Or do the smileys suggest you're going to come back and say, "...only joking"?

I full agree with that,

If you bothered to read what i posted, i said he had been charged with making a comment about the COLOUR of Evras skin NOT WHERE HE WAS FROM! Thats why they havent charged Evra, if you went down your line everytime we got refered to as scousers or mancs or cockneys somebody would be up on a charge.

Why does every Red Shite fan automatically believe were all saying Suarez is a racist anyway?? Ive never said that, you all appear to be getting a little paranoid. Ive already said it earlier but if your team had worn Kick It Out tshirts before the Wigan game that would have made a more apt statement, as it is even your ex players are getting abuse for sharing their opinion. Its a free world and everyone has opinions just because they speak out and you dont agree with them some of the crap they have had to put up with is ridiculous.