IGNORED

Suarez racism against Evra

Walking not alone eh? Bit like shankley when he was made more welcome at bellefield when he retired? Or rob jones getting his bye bye in the form of a letter. Maybe even the ridiculous bullying that houllier managed to instill on fowler when he was no longer a 30 season goal machine. Or maybe just roy hodgson full stop.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit odd also...Liverpool statement...

"We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone."

"No one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United team-mates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth."

But Suarez has admitted using the word ("negrito" according to the beeb) so his claim is presumably that he used it as a bit of friendly banter.

Likelyhuh.png .

Why are Liverpool still questioning whether it actually happened?

I recall the ferguson and boa morte incident, I remember thinking "please not be true" - I could handle his 3 match bans for right hooks, throat grabbing etc, not that.

However Liverpool have lost their best player for 8 games, and despite him admitting the use of the word negro, they are trying to defend him?

I don't like the way that the FA tried to get rooneys ban reduced, I would have took him and accepted it. It's just that he's our best player, just wrong ethics.

Ive had time to reflect. Whether he meant it or not, its against the laws of this country. I was expecting 5 games, 8 seems a bit excessive even after Evra came out and said Suarez isnt a racist but its good to set the example. If Suarez really didnt mean it (Utd v Lpl, i'd be amazed if he didnt) then he should hold his hands up and take it. So should Liverpool, especially since the player admitted to saying it!!! Dalgliesh is the most embarrassing person i think ive seen on the media and is turning that club into a (bigger) laughing stock.

Im more concerned about how JT is handled - there is clear evidence to support the case against him and as England captain he is a bigger rolemodel than that cheat in red. if Suarez gets 8, Terry must get more and hopefully the ban will include international games.

40k fine is a joke though.....

Im more concerned about how JT is handled - there is clear evidence to support the case against him and as England captain he is a bigger rolemodel than that cheat in red. if Suarez gets 8, Terry must get more and hopefully the ban will include international games.

Charged by the CPS, so the FA will no doubt wait for the verdict before taking any action.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16284813

Our country is a tad hypocritical with it's laws and views.

Call somebody an effing knobhead on a football pitch (or in life itself) and it's generally overlooked, but call them an effing Black knobhead, or an effing white knobhead, and it's racism. Isn't it time that 'any' form of verbal abuse was punishable?

If I tell a black man "you are black", or a white man "You are white", is that racism?

If I add "You are a black etc etc ", then that becomes racism.

Surely it's the element of abuse that is the badness, so why is it that one is overlooked, and one is not? For me, verbal abuse should be banned full stop. The need for it to have a skin colour inserted before it is declared wrong is hypocritical.

I think the historical oppression makes it relevant more than anything, we can't afford to have fine lines in this, black, white, Asian, Jewish whatever you colour or creed it's not on.

I recall being offended by Lauren hill of the fugees saying "I would rather have my family starve than have white people buy my album"

It works both ways, and needs kicking out.

I think the historical oppression makes it relevant more than anything, we can't afford to have fine lines in this, black, white, Asian, Jewish whatever you colour or creed it's not on.

I recall being offended by Lauren hill of the fugees saying "I would rather have my family starve than have white people buy my album"

Anybody who has been abused, be it verbally, racially, or other, never forgets. It's that big a deal.

I've been racially abused myself during my course of work in Manchester, It's not nice, but it's no better or worse than being verbally abused in general. All forms of abuse should carry the same penalty.

My best mate growing up was subject to sometimes blatant and often subtle abuse from people of all walks, for no other reason that he is black. Thoughts times had moved on, clearly not.

Liverpools stance on this is a disgrace, talksport agree. The issue is that he said it, not that he is racist - take the ban and keep your mouths shut. Dalglish is a totall idiot.

Well fuck you Lauren Hill, me and my sister bought your albums! The Miseducation was quality, and The Score was amazing! Thats four white album sales, deal with it...BITCH!

Where this is an opportunity to moan they will do it. They may even use it as a way of getting into next years champions league on appeal.

"we feel that the unneccesary 8 match ban cost us 24 points, as a result of this we are appealing that uefa make us the 5th team from England"

19.34: Liverpool's players are all warming up wearing T-shirts with an image of Luis Suarez printed on the front - including the striker himself.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish on the team and him wearing T-shirts with Luis Suarez on the front: "For anybody that doubted the support there is for Luis Suarez from the club, they are under no illusions now."

huh.png Speechless.

Oh my word. The man admitted the use of the word negro or negritto?! What is there left to clear his name? It's done, he did it, he admitted it, move on...

This does absolutely nothing for the game. However it does something for Liverpool - They are showing an unreal phoney support in the hope that he doesn't feel ostracised and order his agent make a move to real Madrid or barcelona happen. That's all it's about. Protect our little rat and hope he doesn't leave us with a bloated, cheap replica of big Dunc.

Diego Lugano, Uruguay captain...

"We all know what kind of person Luis is and the values he has...."

Yup, just saw him get Caldwell booked at Wigan today....comically flinging himself to the floor before recovering enough to brandish imaginary card.

We know exactly what kind of person he isrolleyes.gif .

Diego Lugano, Uruguay captain...

"We all know what kind of person Luis is and the values he has...."

Yup, just saw him get Caldwell booked at Wigan today....comically flinging himself to the floor before recovering enough to brandish imaginary card.

We know exactly what kind of person he isrolleyes.gif .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHPd22qvh3E

this is the kind of person he is.... At least he took Blatters advice of shaking hands at the end of the game though! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Matt

I do appreciate asking a bunch of Everton lads to comment on Liverpool might be a red rag (pardon the pun) to a bull.... but:

Do you think it's right that Liverpool (or indeed Chelsea, or any other club) simply stand by their man regardless of what he's done / been accused of?

On the one hand, it all looks very commendable and team spirit like, but on the other hand, sometimes a club has to say "we can't condone this one, we'll ban him for 4 games ourselves on TOP of what he gets from the FA" (or similar).

Who really knows what happened between the parties involved (Terry, Evra, Ferdinand, Suarez) but IF they are found guilty, surely a club has to stand by that decision and act based on the findings?

Now, some of you MIGHT go so far as to suggest that if a club truly believes the judgment is wrong, then they SHOULD stick up for the player (and I have sympathy for this view), but if that's the case... shouldn't the club be making serious formal protests against the FA rather than overtly supporting the player.

It seems far more sensible, to me, to say "We find it appalling that a man be found guilty of racism when we believe him to be entirely innocent and that being the case, we intend to lodge serious formal complaints over the investigation and its findings"... and NOT to say "He's been found guilty, but we'll show our unity with / for the lad".

I think Liverpool have tried to do something good, but been ill advised with the Suarez support stunt.

Comments?

Good points, this in particular...

...if that's the case... shouldn't the club be making serious formal protests against the FA rather than overtly supporting the player.

They're a laughing stock in my opinion.

The fact that they all ran onto the pitch wearing Suarez shirts to show how supporting and "together" they are was ridiculous.

Playground level gesture, no doubt one that the players were instructed to take.

There is a reason for the ban, in that he made the comment. Whether the comment was intended as racism or not, is for Suarez to know, and the FA to judge. Liverpool will stick by him if they feel he wasn't intentionally being racist, but would they if the guy was an out of favour big money signing they wanted off the wage bill?

Either the FA or Liverpool FC are going to look incredibly stupid when the actual judgment and evidence comes to light.

Either it's flimsy evidence, in which case, SHOCKING that they can be so draconian, or of course, there's proper evidence (which I suspect there is, directly from Suarez's testimony).

Half of me applauds Suarez for being honest (if indeed that is the case), but if the judgment turns out to be fair, and he did confess to words that are simply unacceptable, then Liverpool should be ashamed.

Much easier to say "the judgment is fair. Suarez isn't racist, he just used terms that can't be used in our culture, and he's learned a harsh lesson, as have the club - that we need to make it clear to ALL new players at the club".

Totally agree about the 'instructed' to wear the shirts. Someone's ordered them to be made, and had them delivered at short notice etc. Clearly organised by the club. Wonder what would have happened if a player said no? Emotional blackmail really.

Negrito is a racist comment and that's why he's been punished. They haven't punished him for being racist.

I don't think Liverpool get this, too wrapped up in making their prized asset feel loved so he doesn't walk in the summer. If it was Jay spearing or another bit part player would they do it? No they wouldn't. Complete disgrace.

He is to be applauded for being honest, but that's it, fact is he admitted he said it. Take the punishment, wear "kick it out" t shirts and move on, no they don't do that.

Edited by Hafnia

There is a reason for the ban, in that he made the comment. Whether the comment was intended as racism or not, is for Suarez to know, and the FA to judge. Liverpool will stick by him if they feel he wasn't intentionally being racist, but would they if the guy was an out of favour big money signing they wanted off the wage bill?

I agree with that, but Liverpool could have said "he's made a cultural mistake and learned a lesson, and it's something we, the club, need to learn from by making sure all new players are briefed in the 'do's and dont's of English football.

I usually have a lot of time for LFC (don't say a word), but this is badly advised.

Edited by BlueSky