• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COYBs[1].gif

What about that?

Oh yes shouting for an encore!

Ok....

Tell them:

I will press high

I will tell my players to go for the jugular when 1-0 up instead of sitting back

I will ban Phil Neville from talking, pointing, referring to man united, asking refs not to book players, probably from everything actually

Oh yes shouting for an encore!

Ok....

Tell them:

I will press high

I will tell my players to go for the jugular when 1-0 up instead of sitting back

I will ban Phil Neville from talking, pointing, referring to man united, asking refs not to book players, probably from everything actually

Like the first two..................

You said 'shite'. Not me.

I said "It took years for some of our other players to reach fruition, hopefully Bily will find his feet soon."

Blimey Av Johnny Cochrane, Nick Freeman aka "Mr Loophole" - get's players off speeding bans due to technicalities - you are all of them tonight.

Persistently poor would definately feature under shite in Rogers profanesaurus. Of which Billy has and is the one player we have not seen recreate the performance he gave since his debut. I'm disappointed that he hasn't been given a go behind the striker for a spell, but I am afraid Kevin Kilbane gave us more on the left.

Osman was a kid when he went to Derby and came back a totally different player,. Jags needed a few months (until moyes worked out he was actually a centre half). Baines was a victim of Moyes reluctance to play him - one average game and Lescott was in for the next few. Got to say, Baines impressed me from the off, his confidence was not helped by Moyes.

A consistent theme with Moyes is he puts new players in a place where their confidence can take a kicking - Fellaini, Rodwell, Heitinga, Jagielka, Billy, Osman, Anichebe, all have played out of their native positions under moyes. Fellaini actually looked like a dud, Rodwell didn't have a clue on the right, Heitinga right back and def mid? Jags as a def mid and right back? Anichebe right mid? Billy.....

Johnny Cochran was O.J. Simpson's lawyer.

The question I ask is, when we have been playing well, and winning games comfortably, has it been down to just where players have played on the pitch?

Has it fuck in my opinion, but again that's just me. Like I said before, every player pulling on an Everton shirt knows they have to do whatever they can in whatever position they're asked to for the club. SAF may change his formations every two years because he has a plethora of talent to choose from. Honestly, how big do you think our squad is? Vellios is injured, Gueye coming back from injury. Who do you so desperately want to see up front??

we just don't have the players to do what everyone seems to want. Yes I wholeheartedly agree the team needs to fight more, but surely they don't need telling. They all know what's expected and I'm sure they've felt the hairdryer already. I struggle to think what more could be done bar the players putting in a shift and getting a win.

Baines and Jags have recently been called up to the England team, as has Rodwell. If they were great from the off, wouldn't they be England regulars by now? In my opinion, they've all grown with the team, even if Jags has been poor lately.

Bily I think should be played every week, or sold. He can't find form coming on as a sub every blue moon. If he can't cut it, let him leave. We can't afford passengers.

Johnny Cochran was O.J. Simpson's lawyer.

The question I ask is, when we have been playing well, and winning games comfortably, has it been down to just where players have played on the pitch?

Has it fuck in my opinion, but again that's just me. Like I said before, every player pulling on an Everton shirt knows they have to do whatever they can in whatever position they're asked to for the club. SAF may change his formations every two years because he has a plethora of talent to choose from. Honestly, how big do you think our squad is? Vellios is injured, Gueye coming back from injury. Who do you so desperately want to see up front??

we just don't have the players to do what everyone seems to want. Yes I wholeheartedly agree the team needs to fight more, but surely they don't need telling. They all know what's expected and I'm sure they've felt the hairdryer already. I struggle to think what more could be done bar the players putting in a shift and getting a win.

I'm actually thinking about when we last played well and won a game comfortably if i'm honest with you and I am struggling. Sunderland at home last season maybe? However they were abysmal and still should have scored a couple, when we beat Wolves 3-0? still that was a strange one, we were appalling for the first 20 minutes and the scoreline flattered us. Maybe when we beat blackburn 2-0, hardly worth getting excited about.

I'm actually thinking about when we last played well and won a game comfortably if i'm honest with you and I am struggling. Sunderland at home last season maybe? However they were abysmal and still should have scored a couple, when we beat Wolves 3-0? still that was a strange one, we were appalling for the first 20 minutes and the scoreline flattered us. Maybe when we beat blackburn 2-0, hardly worth getting excited about.

I've not felt it this year. It's not the same. We need a mass clear out of players and start again.

Baines and Jags have recently been called up to the England team, as has Rodwell. If they were great from the off, wouldn't they be England regulars by now? In my opinion, they've all grown with the team, even if Jags has been poor lately.

Bily I think should be played every week, or sold. He can't find form coming on as a sub every blue moon. If he can't cut it, let him leave. We can't afford passengers.

I think with that comment you have justified everything that is wrong with England, Jags shouldn't be playing for the first team never mind international team, Baines would be getting bench time if we had another option, Rodwell has been steady but still a little off the rolls royce he looked two years back.

All 3 players have been far better than current form without being selected.

Chelsea at home, left it late and made it hard on ourselves but you always knew we were gonna win that day - albeit a deflated Chelsea side, last game of the season with nothing to play for.

Edited by pete0

I think with that comment you have justified everything that is wrong with England, Jags shouldn't be playing for the first team never mind international team, Baines would be getting bench time if we had another option, Rodwell has been steady but still a little off the rolls royce he looked two years back.

All 3 players have been far better than current form without being selected.

I made the same comment in the other thread Haf, as you know.

The point is that it is opinion on whether they are good enough, and those opinions are down to selectors.

The England set up is bollocks, but I don't make the rules, nor justify anything.

He doesn't have the money for wide players, so like every great manager he becomes resourceful. There are worse players on the wing in the Premiership than Coleman and Drenthe, even if they're not perfect.

Take a look at how much players cost Steve, and then figure out how much money we would need to put the players you want in the positions you feel they should play.

Then come back to me with a figure.

One player that springs to mind as a winger is Chris Eagles for Bolton who seems to be doing alright, and wasnt much more than a £1mil I believe. Might not be pulling up trees, but he would certainly do a solid job. He's not exactly who I would bring in but its a start. SWP was also available on loan and while again Im not his biggest fan, he has already shown at QPR that he is still has ability in the final third (I can feel the abuse of Romey coming! ha).

No, that would be an incredibly naive view, and anyone who thinks moving a few players round would make the difference between brilliant and crap probably doesnt know a whole lot about football. However, it certainly wouldnt hurt to have players playing in their natural positions! Higher pressing and more organisation certainly would help a fair bit, as well as maybe a little bit of off the ball movement.

I agree that every player should know where they stand when they play for Everton, but you cant honestly believe that the lion share of our performances this year have shown the basic qualities they are expected when they wear the shirt. Now if its the players not obeying instructions then they should be dropped for players that will (despite our small squad there are enough to rotate some of the main culprits) but if its tactical instructions that they are playing to (which judging by the lack of players getting dropped and post match comments, it seems like they are) then Moyes has to take the flack.

Well loved at City but his dad interferes via the media.

still quick and a bit wiser now but he is a classic case of 'one touch too many'. No disrespect to Everyone but might have been good for you... But a proper strikers would be higher priority. Saga looks to have his best days behind him.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Well loved at City but his dad interferes via the media.

still quick and a bit wiser now but he is a classic case of 'one touch too many'. No disrespect to Everyone but might have been good for you... But a proper strikers would be higher priority. Saga looks to have his best days behind him.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

It seems to me you cant post without making some sort condescending remark about EFC. in other posts EFC is held up as an example or compared to other clubs. Your very good at what you do and other peeps have been taken in by you, but i get the distinct feeling you are here taking the piss.

Are you or have you ever been a member of a city forum.??

Ste, some clubs spend that on one player.

I'd be interested to read your figures and where they came from though, as the guardian reckon it's 28.5m, which wouldn't buy you Lescott and one years wages.

My figures came from Bill Kenwright telling everyone he has given moyes £5m a year on avarage. Ten years, £50m.

The point I was making was that he wanted wide players but he kept buying central players and putting them wide.

I'm not going anywhere with it, its just an observation.

Let's be realistic - Moyes has done well, been a great servant etc etc, but that's what he is, a servant of the club.

Clearly he's become 'attached' to the club, so will always have a strong connection, but he's not an Everton fan per se. He's the manager of the club.

Life would go on without him. He's been good to Everton, and they've been good to him. But IF Everton needed a change, then it's their right to try something/someone new.

In all likelihood, if the club is sold, the owners will do as most owners do - back him for 6 months then ditch him for their 'own man' (as well as making a statement of intent).

If the Everton / DM partnership is to continue, then it's likely to be with BK still at the helm.

If Everton are to progress with the needed investment (and thus new owners), then it's likely to be without DM.

It would be a shame to lose him, and I'm sure he's largely be revered at Everton for the rest of his life (barring disaster), but surely SURELY the 'brighter future' at Everton will be without him?

It seems to me you cant post without making some sort condescending remark about EFC. in other posts EFC is held up as an example or compared to other clubs. Your very good at what you do and other peeps have been taken in by you, but i get the distinct feeling you are here taking the piss.

Are you or have you ever been a member of a city forum.??

Any answer forthcoming. ?

Hasn't moyes indicated that he would like to manage Celtic in the future?

I know MikeO loved Alan Ball - did he support Arsenal?

You love and respect them for what they gave to the club, you admire them as players/managers etc but you do not change sides...

Personally I crave for the hero worship that Rooney gave us to emerge once again in Barkley, that is what makes you love the game.

Irrelevant and paranoid. What opinions on Everton would you prefer to hear?

If I say it's not looking great - it's a piss take.

If I say I think you can turn it around - it's a piss take

If I say I think Moyes is top notch - it's a piss take

If I say I think a take over will probably cost Moyes his job - it's a piss take

If I say Everton are one of this country's leading clubs - it's a piss take

Have a seriously good look. I've even donated to the funds - another piss take?

You know some other fans DO give a toss about the game, and they have a keen interest the fate of Everton. I choose to take an interest in Everton and for that matter Newcastle. I didn't realise is was such a crime.

Click ignore and your tension will ease.

Edited by BlueSky

Still did'nt answer the Question but i've found you.......

FanchesterCity ... on Bluemoon signed up 6 weeks ago. 90 posts.

BlueSky .... On Toffeetalk signed up the same 6 weeks.. 405 posts

In fact you signed up here 3 days before you Joined Bluemoon. I knew you where a bit odd to say the least, 400 posts on here and only 90 posts on your own forum, very odd.

fanchestercity.jpg

Edited by Bill

In fact you signed up here 3 days before you Joined Bluemoon. I knew you where a bit odd to say the least, 400 posts on here and only 90 posts on your own forum, very odd.

fanchestercity.jpg

I don't see the problem tbh Bill. Seeing Evertons position is not unique to us - he doesn't disrespect us, merely comments as he see's us as a City fan. Sayin SWP might be good for us is not inaccurate given we have only coleman who can play on the right (so it appears) - given we have no money it's certainly accurate.

Personally I wouldn't be bothered posting on another teams forum - certainly not to Blueskys volume - but yeah whats the problem?

fanchestercity.jpg

How is it irrelevant Bill?

Plus, Bluemoon, from when ive been on it, is not a pleasant place to be, whereas TT is supposed to be welcoming. Why not just put him on ignore if hes bugging you rather than research!?