IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

With Dempsey approaching the 30 year mark too I see that as a very big gamble.

I just think we, as a club, should be looking more toward younger players, not three players who we won't get much mileage out of in the coming years.

We have no money to replace any of these players, and our other ageing squad members, when the time comes.

its very true. But, think about it. If these 30 yr olds can get us European football for 2-3 years the money will help immensely...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...........Gibson...Felli..........

Donovan...Ossie(Dempsey)...Pienaar

..................Jelavic.....................

I don't think it's a gamble. This would make us very competitive when you add the 4th/5th tightest defence in the prem to that. I see it as a forward not backward step!

Thing is though, like Romey say's they are all short term solutions, due to our off-field situation we need to think more long term imo

With Dempsey approaching the 30 year mark too I see that as a very big gamble.

I just think we, as a club, should be looking more toward younger players, not three players who we won't get much mileage out of in the coming years.

We have no money to replace any of these players, and our other ageing squad members, when the time comes.

Sigurdsson would be a good younger option, so have re-sale value. Rumoured to be £7 million worth trying to hijack if we can pull some funds together.

its very true. But, think about it. If these 30 yr olds can get us European football for 2-3 years the money will help immensely...

We've done that before and did it make it any difference? Not really. The Europa League doesn't pay, the Champions League is where it's at and I don't see us getting there tbh. And if we did we'd have to do it season after season.

We need to build something again, like Moyes did when he first arrived. And hope that we get the first half of the season as right as we've been getting the second half.

I'm just thinking more about the long-term prospects of the club over the short-term gamble that's been suggested. I can fully understand yours, and C's, argument though even if I don't agree.

Edited by Romey 1878

In as good a mood as usual mate?

Id take Sinclair, depending on the cost

Lol if someone's going to suggest shit like Grant Holt would be good for us then it's going to put me in a shitter of a mood.

Sinclair mostly flatters to deceive for me but he is an improving player.

Sinclair mostly flatters to deceive for me but he is an improving player.

Other than pens, I havent noticed him do anything good, just dribbles into nothing, really don't get the hype. Dyer would be my preferred choice, actually all the other Swans midfielders have been more impressive: Allen, Britton, and Sigurdsson.

Sinclair would be good for a decent price, he had 8 goals and 5 assists last season, with some direction from moyes and his pace I believe he could become a good player for Everton.

Can just pass the ball over three yards, can't tackle, can't read the game, can't head the ball, but is mental fast and got a tidy shot with either foot, improved a hell of a lot from when in the championship though, Swans fans love him.dry.png

Can just pass the ball over three yards, can't tackle, can't read the game, can't head the ball, but is mental fast and got a tidy shot with either foot, improved a hell of a lot from when in the championship though, Swans fans love him.dry.png

In short a poor mans Theo Walcott.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If he's asking for too much then he needs a reality check; HE'S JUST BEEN PART OF A RELEGATED SIDE.

Not entirely just but I get your point. Not proven in a top side, could be Big fish, Little pond syndrome. He's a good, not great. WOuld like him here though, if his demands aren't rediculous. We'd have to pay £4m comp. anyway.