IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Why not? Have Blackburn just been relegated? Was Hoillett not part of that Blackburn side?

I mean, he was their better player. Just because the whole team were relegated, doesn't ness mean that they didn't have a relatively good player or two. A few teams that have been relegated had a decent player or two. Thats all i was refering to!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, he was their better player. Just because the whole team were relegated, doesn't ness mean that they didn't have a relatively good player or two. A few teams that have been relegated had a decent player or two. Thats all i was refering to!

I wasn't saying he wasn't a decent player, I'd like him here. But he's thinking a little above himself wanting huge wages considering he's just been relegated.

Let one of them have him then. He's not a special player so we shouldn't even consider paying well over the odds for him.

He's another N'Zogbia... if he can recreate his Blackburn form then he'll be a great signing for someone but equally it may not work at another club e.g N'Zogbia at villa. As said - he's not a special player... just yet! We can't afford to take the gamble wage wise whereas it may not break rich clubs structures. This has got spurs, newcastle and west ham written all over it!

Well I'm very glad we won't be signing him.

wouldnt go so far as to say very glad, hes a good player but im not disappointed that hes not coming.

Meanwhile:

Spot Kick @SpotKickRumours

Everton to sign Sone Aluko on a free transfer from Rangers. #EFC

Think thats the dude RangersNaismith was telling us about in the Rangers thread. Youtube video looked very promising.

But, all these freebies are worrying me slightly. I know it seems like good business but are we signing to sell on and cover the cracks or are we just lucky this season and theres plenty of quality free transfers going so were taking advantage?

wouldnt go so far as to say very glad, hes a good player but im not disappointed that hes not coming.

Meanwhile:

Think thats the dude RangersNaismith was telling us about in the Rangers thread. Youtube video looked very promising.

But, all these freebies are worrying me slightly. I know it seems like good business but are we signing to sell on and cover the cracks or are we just lucky this season and theres plenty of quality free transfers going so were taking advantage?

I'm suspecting we'll have to sell anyhow. We already paid to much wages in comparison to our income in previous seasons and if we sign more players and have to pay their wages too, we'll have to get money from somewhere.

I'm suspecting we'll have to sell anyhow. We already paid to much wages in comparison to our income in previous seasons and if we sign more players and have to pay their wages too, we'll have to get money from somewhere.

We lost players to give the others higher wages so the wages should be in line with our income. I assume the new wages will be borrowed on the future tv revenue, and will stick at the 70%, expect the squad to get huge pay rises once the tv money kicks in (possibly lower ticket prices as well).

FollowEverton.com @followeverton

We understand that should nothing go wrong Pienaar, Pranjic and Rodallega will be Everton players by next week

Dunno who these guys are (proud BU members apparently) but I suppose we'll see! Be interesting to hear who their sources are....

3 good signings in my book. How exciting this summer is looking to be, makes a change from signing unknown players on the last day of the summer and going into the season like idiots.

Hopefully we can build on this good start and take it into the league with us.

3 good signings in my book. How exciting this summer is looking to be, makes a change from signing unknown players on the last day of the summer and going into the season like idiots.

Hopefully we can build on this good start and take it into the league with us.

Agree - permanent wise that would do us as long as no 1st teamers left. We'd always have the loan market too which Moyes is generally shrewd in. Fourth Official is actually saying 6 or 7 players - his track record hasn't been too shabby up to now either! Fingers crossed!

Don't get me too excited.... The thought of bringing in Naismith, Pranjic, Pienaar, and Rodallega is too much. I mean think about it. My only worries is that with all those additions to the wage budget, will we have to sell one of our big names? Or maybe this is a sign that Cahill is going? (Direct Cahill debate to Cahill topic :P )..

New tv deal will aid with wages, but consider we will probably lose Cahill as suggested and may have some of the players noted on not so considerable wages?

This is Everton, all wages are considerable. The players share one Tesco bag-4-life, and have to do multiple trips to the boot of their cars.

Wallace has lost out on his time share in the bag, so has to make do with a towel

http://yfrog.com/ode1rvxj

Edited by pete0

Football~Latest @TransferLatest1

16m

Clint Dempsey will be moving to Merseyside & is set to hold talks with both clubs #LFC #EFC

Rodgers has said that theres potentially a big signing for that lot, that the fans will be very happy with. Id like to beat them to this one!