IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll get gazumped at every turn or new contracts will be signed

FFS Pad, you make me look optimistic.

I expect several players using us as a leverage for a better contract this summer.

I'm sure we will by a few, but I also think now that we're a better prospect for signings that we'll pull off some decent moves too.

With Koaman and Walsh both being here and it being their first proper transfer window I'd expect (hope) things to get done far quicker and smoother than we've been used to

Koeman won't fuck about and I'd expect the same from Walsh it's up to the club to deliver imo

• 2 weeks later...

It's the agents. Of course they call potential club to try to get a better deal.

I'm sure their own scouts spot them also. We're not the only club that has scouts scouring the world.

We lose out because we either wont match a fee, wages or the othe club is bigger than us.

Nothing more nothing less.

I meant that that's why there's so often another offer. The agent calls other clubs he knows are interested to inform that he has opened negotiations with this other club, would you be willing to talk, too?

I really wish there was a better system with agents, they are a pain in the arse! Maybe if each club had an appointed agent rather than the players having the agents, then the club would just be negotiating with the other club with no outside influence and some cretin like Raola demanding a massive cut from it for making a few phone calls as he would already have a wage from the club he worked for.

Funny thing is, clubs don't mind the agents in general. On the contrary. They make deals a lot easier and they are the way to gauge whether a player would fancy a move or not before approaching the club. And this works both ways, Everton do this as well, I'm sure.

I'm sure I have posted this before. FIFA should ban clubs from paying agents. Agents represent players and should be paid by the player. With transfer fees between clubs, the money stays in the game. With agents fees, money goes out of the game - for ever. Agents are a cancer in the game of football.

I'm sure I have posted this before. FIFA should ban clubs from paying agents. Agents represent players and should be paid by the player. With transfer fees between clubs, the money stays in the game. With agents fees, money goes out of the game - for ever. Agents are a cancer in the game of football.

Nice idea, John. But all that will happen is that the player demands a bigger signing on fee, because he has to pay his agents fee. The money will go to the same place in the end either way.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/football-agents-player-transfers/