IGNORED

England

Guest blueboy122

Baines was totally exposed tonight as inept defensively at this level. Cole should have gone and I'm prepared for the onslaught from the blue tinted but we looked so fragile every time they attacked down that left hand side.

Absolute Tripe. Can't think of any individual faults can you? Didn't give the ball away wasn't caught out of position. For the goal the cross needs to be stopped although the goal wouldn't of happened if the midfield tracks the runners.

Guest blueboy122

He's not a world class "defender" and offered absolutely nothing going forward. He's peaked IMO and tonight showed the better defender should have gone. Cole

Baines has been better than Cole for 3 seasons at least.

Offered nothing going forward? How could he get forward when he was pinned back by two Italian players?

Absolute Tripe. Can't think of any individual faults can you? Didn't give the ball away wasn't caught out of position. For the goal the cross needs to be stopped although the goal wouldn't of happened if the midfield tracks the runners.

Give your head a wobble. He sold himself like a Sunday league player for the second goal and gave their wide players acres of space for 70minutes of the game.(when they were in control). He's not a world class defender and unfortunately you have to be against that calibre of side. That's how I saw it. He was the weak link.

Baines was totally exposed tonight as inept defensively at this level. Cole should have gone and I'm prepared for the onslaught from the blue tinted but we looked so fragile every time they attacked down that left hand side.

Actually, I thought Baines did OK. Other than Johnson at right back, our defence was average - compared to the midfield, which was MIA. I'd have trouble picking a player of the game for England, but it would probably be Sterling.

For the next game, England should think seriously about whether Rooney, Wellbeck, Gerrard, and Johnson should play. Plus, the team needs a spark, because there isn't one right now. It's like watching people working for the government - doing a 9-5 job with no real commitment, creativity, or desire to win, but all too ready to pick up a big paycheck.

I'm not even arguing with you mate. I suggest you watch the game again and see where Italy exposed England 99% of the time tonight. He's not a world class defender. Going forward he is great but he has peaked and I think that was 2012/2013.

You reading the shite's twitter feed again? :)

Again, Baines was certainly not the weak link. Four or five other players are better candidates for that title. Plus, Baines had a decent crack at goal from a set piece, whereas Gerrard's was an embarrassment. (Put that in your red pipe and smoke it!)

Fucking deluded

I'm not even arguing with you mate. I suggest you watch the game again and see where Italy exposed England 99% of the time tonight. He's not a world class defender. Going forward he is great but he has peaked and I think that was 2012/2013.

I'm not questioning what you saw; it's just that I saw something quite different. England's right flank was more exposed than their left.

Yeah MC I'm a neutral, I'm American. Italy's formation had 2 players wide right, only 1 left, they stacked that side. Easy fix is Rooney tracks back and defends. He never did and that's why baines was exposed. Now if Roy wanted it this way, then either Henderson or Gerrard should have helped. Neither did.

Red shite commentator on espn Macca (mcmanaman??) was even getting on Rooney and Roy for not doing anything. So it's not blue tinted.

Thought Sterling was the standout player until he (as everyone else) seemed to tire in the second half. Sturridge and Welbeck had good first halfs too.

England's major problem was the left wing player not tracking back and Gerrard not being able to cover out wide like we have seen McCarthy do all season. That left them with an overload on the left which is the only way they created anything of note. In general, they carried even less goal threat than you guys did imo. Which is why they were lucky to go ahead early in the second half, then they could make the pitch as small as possible (which means they should have suffered less from the heat as well). Balotelli gave an interview to Belgian tv after the game and he said it was "impossible" to play football in that climate btw.

For Balotelli's goal, that all started on the counter attack where Baines was once again up against two players. He first had to prevent the player on the ball from simply running at goal through the middle, then sprint back to Candreva. Great defending would have been if he had prevented the cross, but Candreva is a right-footed player, forcing him onto his left wouldn't make for "bad defending" imo, especially as he had to sprint just to make it out to Candreva in the first place.

It's all well and good blaming a Rooney. However Welbeck moved out to the left in the second half and Baines was still being terrorised. It's as though Italy seen the weakness and played on it.

I'm sorry not good enough defensively.

Yeah MC I'm a neutral, I'm American. Italy's formation had 2 players wide right, only 1 left, they stacked that side. Easy fix is Rooney tracks back and defends. He never did and that's why baines was exposed. Now if Roy wanted it this way, then either Henderson or Gerrard should have helped. Neither did.

Red shite commentator on espn Macca (mcmanaman??) was even getting on Rooney and Roy for not doing anything. So it's not blue tinted.

Your not neutral you support Everton. It's all well and good favouring your own players and I do find myself doing it a lot with Barkley etc but Baines was completely exposed tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they play Suarez on the Right side come Thursday after that performances.

It's all well and good blaming a Rooney. However Welbeck moved out to the left in the second half and Baines was still being terrorised. It's as though Italy seen the weakness and played on it.

I'm sorry not good enough defensively.

You're exactly right with the bold part. It's just that the weakness was that the left winger wasn't tracking back, the left central midfielder wasn't providing cover, and yet Hodgson didn't change anything.

Has Baines every been known for his defending though.... Tbh he's never really been a good tackler. The way blues say best LB in the world and all that I just can't agree with it. He can't defend.

Best "Wing back" a couple of seasons ago yeh.

In general, they carried even less goal threat than you guys did imo.

Agree completely. Both teams were poor; it wasn't just England. Either one of these teams would have been buried by most of the teams that played previously.

I've been in the jungles of that region several times, and it does get very humid. Still, by that time of day, the heat will have subsided. For me, climate is no excuse - and both teams had adequate time to prepare. It will be interesting to see how well or poorly Cameroon and Croatia play in that stadium.

Btw I think we played well and Italy will go far again because they play it like a chess game. Semi finals at least for Italy. It was a decent game for me and this England side looks much better than the previous two tournaments sides.

Btw I think we played well and Italy will go far again because they play it like a chess game. Semi finals at least for Italy. It was a decent game for me and this England side looks much better than the previous two tournaments sides.

We disagree again. Based on this performance, both England and Italy will struggle to get out of the group. England may have been dreadful, but Italy weren't much better.

We disagree again. Based on this performance, both England and Italy will struggle to get out of the group. England may have been dreadful, but Italy weren't much better.

Struggle to get out of the group... Come on mate that's just off the scale. Italy will walk through. You really think Costa Rica and Uruguay will go through. I agree we might not after that defeat but there is no way Italy won't get through.

You're exactly right with the bold part. It's just that the weakness was that the left winger wasn't tracking back, the left central midfielder wasn't providing cover, and yet Hodgson didn't change anything.

exactly. plus that tactical formation was literally

Balotelli

AM Winger

Pirlo

Verrati De Rossi

LB CB CB RB

GK

they had no one on the left, it was the left back that ran up that side, look it up MC. very good tactics by italy.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Balotelli

AM Winger

Pirlo

Verrati De Rossi

LB CB CB RB

GK

they had no one on the left, it was the left back that ran up that side, look it up MC. very good tactics by italy.

Yeh so what your saying is they seen our left as the weakness and they were completely right. How anyone could say our right was more exposed I don't know.

Balotelli

AM Winger

Pirlo

Verrati De Rossi

LB CB CB RB

GK

Marchisio played on the left mate.