IGNORED

England

Guest Nikica

Foster, Milner, Shaw, Jones, Smalling, Lampard, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Barkley, Rooney, Lambert

Looks like the second string, Rooney apart. Milner RB...

Looks like the second string, Rooney apart. Milner RB...

I'd put Rooney in the second string at the moment, he doesn't deserve to start. Be interesting to see what he could do as an impact sub, he's been totally ineffective in every major tournament since he was an Everton player.

Listening to a discussion about the squad on 5live in the car earlier and David May (ex Blackburn/ManU) reckons we should play Shaw at left back and Baines on the wing :huh:.

Liked May, wasnt afraid to get stuck in. To be honest, I dont disagree with having 2 WB playing together; both know the attacking and defensive side of the game

No no and just no!

If anything you play Shaw as LB and Baines at RB because there is no way Baines would do a worse job that Johnson. I hate seeing FB's as wide players because they just arent as good, especially when we have someone like Sterling or Lallana who can offer so much more.

Guest Nikica

I'd put Rooney in the second string at the moment, he doesn't deserve to start. Be interesting to see what he could do as an impact sub, he's been totally ineffective in every major tournament since he was an Everton player.

Me too, I've said the same thing for a few days. However, I do think Roy will start with him and that's what I was basing my comment on.

No no and just no!

If anything you play Shaw as LB and Baines at RB because there is no way Baines would do a worse job that Johnson. I hate seeing FB's as wide players because they just arent as good, especially when we have someone like Sterling or Lallana who can offer so much more.

good point playing Baines after RB, he could cut in and shoot.

I only went along with it because 1/ it will never happen and 2/ it's supposed to be experimental tonight.

Guest Nikica

Think I said Shaw RB and Baines LB pre-tournament to solve the Johnson/Jones dilemma (or vice versa as mentioned above). Another positive is that teams now play with inverted wingers, so when they come inside to shoot on their right foot Baines or Shaw would tackle with their left. Of course it can work the other way and wingers could swap sides and go down the outside. Also a problem going forward where full-backs create the overlap - crossing with weak foot but shooting with strong.

Great prediction. They've been terrible for United all season, and now they're continuing that record. Milner at RB isn't much better, and England could be torn apart in this game.

It's embarrassing that the pair of them were picked for the WC squad. It goes against all logic.

Smalling is so poor he makes Jones look like he, sometimes, knows what he's doing.

Andy Townsend could do with blaming Ross Barkley a lot more often when things don't go right.... he doesn't blame Barkley half as much as he should do for everyone else's shortcomings;

"Barkley went for glory, there....."

"Barkley could have passed that earlier..."

"Barkley could have done this, should have done that, might have done the other..........."

Now Wilshere, on the other hand - his input so far; "Oh no, Wilshere's down (fallen over) and he doesn't look good. He's up but he's moving quite gingerly..." - well! There's a fucking shock!

Edited by Cake

Smalling is so poor he makes Jones look like he, sometimes, knows what he's doing.

Andy Townsend could do with blaming Ross Barkley a lot more often when things don't go right.... he doesn't blame Barkley half as much as he should do for everyone else's shortcomings;

"Barkley could have done this, should have done that, might have done the other..........."

Now Wilshere, on the other hand - his input so far; "Oh no, Wilshere's down (fallen over) and he doesn't look good. He's up but he's moving quite gingerly..." - well! There's a fucking shock!

he's an absolute bell end

Foster - erratic.

Milner - Rinsed every time.

Jones and Smalling - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What a pile of toss.

Shaw - Inconsistent.

Lampard - Showing his age.

Wiltshire - Always on the floor.

Barkley - Uninterested.

Ox - Must be a starter.

Rooney - Worryingly average.

Lambert - He's playing?

he's an absolute bell end

Barkley's confidence has been impressive, as you say. It's a shame his team mates aren't on the same wavelength. I thought he was going to do a Newcastle away, at one point, but for Oxlade-Chamberlain running towards him instead of away from him to create space and then Townsend blaming Barkley for not passing to O-C earlier.

Within 30 seconds of the start of 2nd half, Townsend has already blamed Barkley for getting fouled!! He wouldn't have got fouled if he had moved the ball quicker, presumably to nobody who wanted it off him!!

And his assist was "a fraction short". Tosser.