IGNORED

England

Guest Nikica

The other guy is now saying he rates Belgium but still thinks they're being overhyped and are not contenders for the tournament, certainly not 5th faves. This guy seems to share a lot of my opinions and has the same reasoning :rofl:

Sorry for putting all of this in here - I'm just listening to it and my original comments referred to England's group, so thought I'd continue relaying the comments in this thread. If anyone wants to discuss these views should we take it to the WC topic?

Baines and Jags start tonight but sadly not Ross, though him and John Stones on the bench.

Gary Lineker: Are we looking at a 4-2-3-1 formation here? Would take that, although personally think Sterling is miles ahead of Welbeck.

Hart, Johnson, Baines, Gerrard ©, Cahill, Jagielka, Sturridge, Rooney, Welbeck, Henderson, Lallana

Subs: Wilshere, Lampard, Smalling, Foster, Milner, Lambert, Sterling, Barkley, Forster, Stones, Flanagan

Guest Nikica

Sterling for Welbeck would be my starting eleven versus Italy. Watch Welbeck run around a lot in a pointless exhibition game and then get picked on June 14.

Hodgson is going to play Milner at RB in the up coming friendly.. Rooney will play left wing....

Very intrigued by Milner at RB, he's played there before and has been very good. With Johnson suspect IMO that's a good move...not likely to happen at the World Cup but I hope he makes a good account of himself there... None the less

Hodgson is going to play Milner at RB in the up coming friendly.. Rooney will play left wing....

Very intrigued by Milner at RB, he's played there before and has been very good. With Johnson suspect IMO that's a good move...not likely to happen at the World Cup but I hope he makes a good account of himself there... None the less

Would rather have given the kids from Southampton a go to be honest...

Hard to do when they're not in the squad?

Its a friendly no? Anyway, if Milner is to play there Im sure Woy had it in his head a while ago. Why not bring in a youthful RB for the future than play someone out of position? Makes no sense to me...

Listening to a discussion about the squad on 5live in the car earlier and David May (ex Blackburn/ManU) reckons we should play Shaw at left back and Baines on the wing :huh:.

Liked May, wasnt afraid to get stuck in. To be honest, I dont disagree with having 2 WB playing together; both know the attacking and defensive side of the game

Liked May, wasnt afraid to get stuck in. To be honest, I dont disagree with having 2 WB playing together; both know the attacking and defensive side of the game

Can understand experimenting with it (Oviedo, Seamus....Bale started life as a left back) but not two games before a World Cup finals.

Thought the whole point of the next friendly was to experiment though?

Think the last couple of games should be just about fine tuning and sharpening a few "squad" players in case they're needed.....moving your first choice left back and dropping in an untried eighteen year old is major surgery.

Think the last couple of games should be just about fine tuning and sharpening a few "squad" players in case they're needed.....moving your first choice left back and dropping in an untried eighteen year old is major surgery.

Just goes to show just how weak is the England squad. For some positions, there is no obvious choice.