IGNORED

England

Guest Nikica

Bailey and myself discussed Clyne and Chambers on an earlier page. Both look like nice players for the future, and one of them should arguably make the WC squad.

I don't rate Smalling and Jones either. The latter seems to have had incredible hype over his career, yet his perfomances have shown absolutely nothing to warrant it. It's more pronounced hype than most English players, which is saying something. I think he's a bit of a clogger really and if he'd been born in Spain or Germany I don't think he'd have made it as a professional footballer.

Ox is a talented boy, his performance last night was impressive, but at the same time I feel they're gonna blow him out of all proportion too. Let the boy develop and don't put pressure on him. Wilshere put in a good performance away against an elite team a few years back too, yet he seems to have stagnated. This media thing does these youngsters no good.

Edited by Nikica

• 3 weeks later...

The match version concept has been going for years, it's usually a limited run though. It's the same material as the one the players use where as the normal one is made with different materials.

They'll be in Sports Direct for £20 before long.

(I've never bought an England shirt)

trying to work out my best starting eleven for the National team, even if I dont really care. So far, Ive got:

..................Hart..................

Johnson Jags Cahill Baines

...............Gerrard................

Barkley Lallana Rodriguez

..............Rooney..................

.............Sturridge.................

Im not implying that Barkley should play the wing by the way, Id have the width provided by Baines and Johnson. The 3 ahead of Gerrard would alternate and be quite tight, allowing for the quick passing that all 5 of that central area could pull off whilst also providing the 1-2's to involve the full backs.

I know we wont line up with this but I think here we have a good balance of youth and experience that would be exciting to watch.

As many goals as Rodriguez has for Southampton I don't think he's international quality tbh. Some players just fit perfectly with their club and do the business, but when asked to play a different system at a higher level they don't cut it, and that's how I see Rodriguez.

I see him as a guy in form who is scoring. Something England are going to need help with I think. Not sure who else to put there honestly...

Unbelievably, I think Sterling would be a better option.

Hart

Johnson Jagielka Cahill Baines

Gerrard

Sterling Barkley Lallana

Sturridge Rooney

On current form this would be my 11 as well. Possibly a bit exposed defensively with only Gerrard in front of the back 4.... but no guts no glory!

Yeah, Sterling for me unfortunately, think he's dangerous on form.

He should be picked on that alone.

A fully interchangeable attacking midfield is my preference though, based on many a player that England have, being all too similar.

Hart

???? - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines

Carrick/Barry - Gerrard

Barkley - Rooney - Lallana

Sturridge

I just think that having two anchors (one being the engine for offensive and defensive play (Gerrard) will allow the attacking players more freedom.

Stop Rooney dropping beyond the half way line.

I think Hodgson will play -

Hart

Johnson - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines

Gerrard

Sterling - Wiltshire - Lallana

Sturridge - Rooney

So is everyone now over their doubts about Hart? I can see him having a Green moment at the WC.

Realistically there hasn't been any other options that would be better anyway. Yeah I can see a blunder coming too, but all things considered he's still a good keeper

trying to work out my best starting eleven for the National team, even if I dont really care. So far, Ive got:

..................Hart..................

Johnson Jags Cahill Baines

...............Gerrard................

Barkley Lallana Rodriguez

..............Rooney..................

.............Sturridge.................

Im not implying that Barkley should play the wing by the way, Id have the width provided by Baines and Johnson. The 3 ahead of Gerrard would alternate and be quite tight, allowing for the quick passing that all 5 of that central area could pull off whilst also providing the 1-2's to involve the full backs.

I know we wont line up with this but I think here we have a good balance of youth and experience that would be exciting to watch.

Strange team that. Rodriguez? Lallana is more natural out wide than Barkley.

Hart

Walker Jagielka Cahill Baines

Gerrard

Oxlade Barkley Townsend

Rooney Sturridge