IGNORED

England

This would be my version of the England team, may have a better chance than the one's we keep putting out (IMO).

GK - Hart - (Still our best GK option)

RB - Clyne - (Best all-rounder full-back option)

RCB - Jagielka - (Best England CB option)

LCB - Cahill - (Best to partner Jags option)

LB - Baines - (Best attacking full-back option)

LCDM - Barry - (Best tackling option)

RCM - Carrick - (Best distribution from midfield option)

RAM - Gerrard - (Best creative passing and general engine option)

LAM - Lallana - (Young, creative, tenacious option)

SS/CAM - Rooney - (Best natural player, dangerous to opponents option)

ST - Sturridge - (Best out and out goal scoring option)

Bench - Forster, Shaw, Smalling, Wiltshire, Ox, Henderson, Barkley, Welbeck

It's a bit like polishing a turd though.

This would be my version of the England team, may have a better chance than the one's we keep putting out (IMO).

GK - Hart - (Still our best GK option)

RB - Clyne - (Best all-rounder full-back option)

RCB - Jagielka - (Best England CB option)

LCB - Cahill - (Best to partner Jags option)

LB - Baines - (Best attacking full-back option)

LCDM - Barry - (Best tackling option)

RCM - Carrick - (Best distribution from midfield option)

RAM - Gerrard - (Best creative passing and general engine option)

LAM - Lallana - (Young, creative, tenacious option)

SS/CAM - Rooney - (Best natural player, dangerous to opponents option)

ST - Sturridge - (Best out and out goal scoring option)

Bench - Forster, Shaw, Smalling, Wiltshire, Ox, Henderson, Barkley, Welbeck

It's a bit like polishing a turd though.

I would worry that it would end up being a very narrow formation as you would effectively have 6 players all crammed through the middle. Would be lots of room for Baines and Clyne to get forward though!

Im not sure what I would do at the moment. Rooney has been really disappointing of late and I would be more inclined to play with Lallana/Ox behind Sturridge with Sterling/Townsend on one wing and the other one of Ox/Lallana on the opposite wing with Gerrard and Barry/Carrick deep.

Guest Nikica

I fell asleep and missed all the football last night, but I'm assuming it was same old England? It would appear so from the comments in here.

I agree with GoodisonRoad that Lampard is being picked on reputation, and I also agree with Matt that the Cleverley petition is pretty low, as average as he is. As marcopaulo says, he comes across as a knob, but I don't think that warrants a petition asking for him to be banned lol.

Sickens me to say but I really like the look of Flanaghan at rb.

On current ability John Stones isn't far away from being an England squad regular - I expect he'll be in and around the squad for Euro qualifying/tournament in 2016.

CB is a big problem - I'm okay with Jags and Cahill but beyond them... Are Jones and Smalling really better than the likes of Davies, Lescott, Shawcross, Brown, Caulker and Dawson? Terry is an idiot but quality wise he would improve us on the pitch (maybe not behind the scenes though!)

I'd rather have Dawson and Caulker as the back up CB's than Smalling and Jones.

Exactly - players who play weekly at club level. I actually think Jones will develop into an excellent CB but 1. He doesn't play enough at club level to warrant selection and 2. When he does play it's very rarely at CB!

I would worry that it would end up being a very narrow formation as you would effectively have 6 players all crammed through the middle. Would be lots of room for Baines and Clyne to get forward though!

Im not sure what I would do at the moment. Rooney has been really disappointing of late and I would be more inclined to play with Lallana/Ox behind Sturridge with Sterling/Townsend on one wing and the other one of Ox/Lallana on the opposite wing with Gerrard and Barry/Carrick deep.

You're probably right, my issue with the squad is that we don't have any 'wingers' that warrant an international start, nor are they anywhere near WC ability.

The ones we currently use are either inconsistent or inexperienced.

You're probably right, my issue with the squad is that we don't have any 'wingers' that warrant an international start, nor are they anywhere near WC ability.

The ones we currently use are either inconsistent or inexperienced.

Very true!

I have liked the look of Caulker too. I do/did rate both Smalling and Jones but they really are going backwards now... They need to go to a stable club and play week in week out instead of getting shuffled from midfield to RB to the bench etc.

I don't understand why most prem teams play 4231, our players look good in this set up for their clubs, yet England play with fuck knows what formation it is, but not what the players are used to.

On current form:

------------------Sturridge-----------------

---Lallana------Rooney------Stirling---

--------Henderson------Gerrard--------

Baines----Jags----Cahill----Johnson

---------------------Hart--------------------

I hate putting that many Liverpool players in but on current form I can't see anyone else I'd rather have. I agree that someone said Flanagan too, instead of Johnson, but I hate his fucking stupid face.

Don't rate Wilshire, he goes down too easily which you don't want in a midfielder. Barkley is better and should play in the heat and humidity of Brazil. Lampard is too old for the conditions. Don't know how Cleverly gets in, can't understand how he gets in the Man U squad let alone England. Don't think we'll get beyond the qualifying group stage.