IGNORED

England

Goalkeepers

Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.

Defenders

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker.

Midfielders

Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Forwards

Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Goalkeepers
Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.
Defenders
Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker.
Midfielders
Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.
Forwards
Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Jay Rodriguez, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

Deserved that place. Got it on performances too. Well done to him.

Guy just came on talkshite and mentioned that mark noble should be in there (obviously a west ham fan). This is why I can't stand west ham, okay he admitted that it was down to Allardyce's style of play that noble isn't in the England team but is he that deluded that he thinks a very average player playing for a mid-table team like west ham is going to get in the England team?

Why do they still think they are this big club (west ham fans) Newcastle fans are the same. They do fuck all every season and spend a fair bit on utter wank and they have this delusion that they are some big club. Get to fuck!

I agree - and Cole and Walker and Milner. England really lacks quality and depth if these players are staples.

Cole is still the 2nd best LB in the country, Walker is unfortunately probably the best RB and Milner has actually done alright in the cameos of the last 2 city games I have seen.

On the other hand Kieran Gibbs is only there because Arsenal are doing well and Rodriguez is a white Welbeck. Why on earth we need 3 LBs I dont know?

Ouch.

So, Chile and Germany...two very good teams and, even though they're only friendlies, they should give you an idea of where you are right now.

I don't know when these games were arranged, but if it was more recently then I can see why these opponents were desired. They're probably two of the other three teams who would comprise a group of death should England be drawn into one (Spain and Germany is six and half a dozen from the top seeds). In my view, Spain/Germany, England, Chile, Japan would be the worst case scenario for England in a few weeks, whereas Switzerland (good team but still the weakest seed, even if Uruguay qualify), one of the weaker African teams and Honduras would probably be the best case.

My question to you guys is the old chestnut: would you rather see an 'easier' section where you'd be expected to qualify, or a tougher group where you could enjoy games against strong opposition and be on a crest of a wave and gathering momentum should you progress? Being in an easier group didn't do England many favours in South Africa, so if I were you I'd take Germany/Spain, Chile and Japan/USA and see how it goes.

Edited by Nikica

Ouch.

So, Chile and Germany...two very good teams and, even though they're only friendlies, they should give you an idea of where you are right now.

I don't know when these games were arranged, but if it was more recently then I can see why these opponents were desired. They're probably two of the other three teams who would comprise a group of death should England be drawn into one (Spain and Germany is six and half a dozen from the top seeds). In my view, Spain/Germany, England, Chile, Japan would be the worst case scenario for England in a few weeks, whereas Switzerland (good team but still the weakest seed, even if Uruguay qualify), one of the weaker African teams and Honduras would probably be the best case.

My question to you guys is the old chestnut: would you rather see an 'easier' section where you'd be expected to qualify, or a tougher group where you could enjoy games against strong opposition and be on a crest of a wave and gathering momentum should you progress? Being in an easier group didn't do England many favours in South Africa, so if I were you I'd take Germany/Spain, Chile and Japan/USA and see how it goes.

Id rather the team be humiliated and go out straight away, because I think its the only way there will ever be drastic changes behind the scenes and, more importantly, with the medias approach. Plus, Id rather watch decent football and currently, theres better chance of that if England isnt playing....

I fully expect us to scrape through, even if its an easy group. But not one game will be convincing and I expect the media to hound the team no matter what happens. Maybe one exception, and thats if we are drawn in a "group of death", whereby the media will write them off and belittle the whole team across the country.

Steven Gerrard is out of the England games due to a "minor injury." In reality, we can probably read "needs to be rested for the derby game since Suarez will be jet-lagged." Maybe Jagielka, Baines, and Barkley need to trip over a few daisies today to sustain their "minor injuries."

It's sad, really. Playing for England used to be a point of pride. Now it's an inconvenience.

Steven Gerrard is out of the England games due to a "minor injury." In reality, we can probably read "needs to be rested for the derby game since Suarez will be jet-lagged." Maybe Jagielka, Baines, and Barkley need to trip over a few daisies today to sustain their "minor injuries."

It's sad, really. Playing for England used to be a point of pride. Now it's an inconvenience.

And that's our wonderful captain!

Think he's just out of the Chile game at this stage.

pathetic...wilshere, lampard and milner...all have the pace of an asthmatic snail...the midfield was doomed from the beginning ...jones seems to prove his over hype every time i see him...baines...dear me son...your heads at utd..can't wait until he goes there...were the southampton lads playin? pathetic all round...and to bring on cleverley...christ..we'll be a laughing stock in brazil

Chile are a decent team though to be fair to them but they outclassed us and once we had made the subs they really bossed us.

Not much to take from the performance, but Lallana stood out for me. His energy, link up play and team work were excellent all night.

Rodriguez didnt contribute, Forster looks like a keeper that doesnt like to come off his line. His handling wasnt amazing and he went down far too easily for the 2nd and pretty much made Sanchez's mind up for him.

Jones was poor and given his Utd form he shouldnt have been anywhere near the squad in the first place. Smalling wasnt much better and he looks very uncomfortable on the ball. Cahill again proved to me today that he isnt good enough at this level.

Baines was caught napping for the first and never really got into the game.

Rooney and Wilshere both spent more time moaning at the ref and other players instead of concentrating on their own performance.

Im not even sure if Lampard was on the pitch?

Thinking back, did we even create one open play chance (other than a long shot)?

We're a million miles behind most sides. I thought Hodgson was a good appointment at first but the man's a dinosaur.

Rodriguez is a painfully average player, he has no stand out attributes, so I have no idea why he was called up. His club side are in good form but you have to consider what he can bring to the table individually, and that, I'm afraid to say, is absolutely nothing. I did like Lallana though and I think he could be a good WC squad member. But please fuck Rodriguez off now. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Cleverley even getting to sniff the arse crack of the England squad is a disgrace. But, he plays for United so he HAS to be there in the mind of our dinosaur manager.

Baines was shite and, lets be honest, he usually is for England. He's shown for us that he should be England's LB but he's never done enough for England to prove it. If I was England manager I'd completely disregard Cole and Baines as number one LB and look to the future, because neither one of those are it.

Wilshere has the skills to run our side but for whatever reason he looks a shadow of himself.

Rooney was just a frustrated figure all night. Quite understandable when he was surrounded by shite.

Lampard was the invisible man.

Milner was Quasimodo.

Foster looked nervous. I'd give him time, it was his first game.

Commentator during last night's embarrassment; "this is down to there only being 5 English players who started last week's Champions League games" - he then switched his mic off and asked Andy Arl Arse Townsend; "where's that other bag of straws I brought in here for me to clutch at?"

England are shite. Have been for many years. They're going to get proper fucked in the World Cup. DVD compilation of most embarrassing moments to follow in time for Christmas 2014.