IGNORED

England

Why is it that England has the strongest league in the world and yet has an abysmal national team? I wonder what difference it would make if as many English players played in other countries as players from overseas play in the EPL. It means we don't understand the style of play of other national teams as well as our opponents understand us. What if 50% of England's team played for clubs overseas - instead of zero of them?

because its full of bloody foreigners ruining the game :shaking fist:

Told ya :P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24467371

So why don't more English players join top teams overseas? I don't see the presence of strong international players in the EPL as a problem. It's more that our players, unlike their counterparts on the continent, prefer to be parochial, which hinders their development. Why are there no English Deulofeu's spending a year playing in the Spanish league, for example?

In the end, the argument of 'free trade' always wins. Protectionism would hurt the EPL and lower its quality.

So... the team Id like to see in the last 2 games:

................Hart..................

Walker Jags Cahill Baines

.... Gerrard Carrick ........

Barkley Rooney Wilshere

.............Sturridge..............

I know, Barkley and Wilshere are more central, but Id play that attacking mid 3 more narrow to allow quick short passing triangles in the centre, with the 2 wingbacks getting some exercise. the 2 CDM should be more than enough cover if the WBs go forward rather than the AMR/L players having to track back each time.

I'd actually be very tempted to play 3 at the back if the squad could manage the formation adjustment. There's a lack of wide players in the squad and it'd allow Baines and Walker to bomb forward freely.

Something like Hart, Jags, Cahill, Jones; Walker, Gerrard, Carrick, Baines; Barkley; Sturridge, Rooney would look ace.

Edited by Vranny

Ultimately. England are just a bit...shit. Boring. Predictable. Don't enjoy watching the games anymore.

There used to be excitement to the games but with the loss of passion for the national team, it's all just a bit dull and lifeless.

A young, long haul manager is needed me thinks. Someone who likes to mix it up.

Townsend starting... Hmm.

At least its a winger playing on the wing. I dont understand why so many managers try and shoe horn strikers into wide midfield roles.

I would have gone with this:

Hart

Walker - Jags - Cahill - Baines

Barry (or Carrick) - Gerrard

Townsend - Rooney - Barkley/Wilshere

Sturridge

To be honest I wanted a proper winger on the left but I cant think of one and it probably answers my first line!

Its also desperate to think Jags and Cahill are our best CB's!

They looked like they could have been quite dangerous on the counter attack but they had no real pace fortunately.

It was a decent enough performance in the end.

Bainesy and Jags did well along with Walker and Hart in the back 5. Cahill doesnt look like he is an international centre half to me and I wasnt really impressed by his performance.

Gerrard did ok, Lampard was anonymous, Welbeck wasnt even worth mentioning because he was poor but Townsend did ok. Its crazy that he is so one footed and Montengro should have dealt with him a bit better but then the two times he actually did anything with his right foot, they ended up in goals with a scuffed cross that eventually broke to Rooney and the goal which he wouldnt score again if you gave him 50 goes (judging by his technique on it anyway!).

Sturridge was a handful, but again he wasted some good chances and his penalty was piss poor but luckily the keeper went the wrong way.

Rooney was another that never really got going IMO.

Based on that performance its hard to fathom exactly why we have never beaten them on the previous 3 occasions because they were really poor.

They looked like they could have been quite dangerous on the counter attack but they had no real pace fortunately.

It was a decent enough performance in the end.

Bainesy and Jags did well along with Walker and Hart in the back 5. Cahill doesnt look like he is an international centre half to me and I wasnt really impressed by his performance.

Gerrard did ok, Lampard was anonymous, Welbeck wasnt even worth mentioning because he was poor but Townsend did ok. Its crazy that he is so one footed and Montengro should have dealt with him a bit better but then the two times he actually did anything with his right foot, they ended up in goals with a scuffed cross that eventually broke to Rooney and the goal which he wouldnt score again if you gave him 50 goes (judging by his technique on it anyway!).

Sturridge was a handful, but again he wasted some good chances and his penalty was piss poor but luckily the keeper went the wrong way.

Rooney was another that never really got going IMO.

Based on that performance its hard to fathom exactly why we have never beaten them on the previous 3 occasions because they were really poor.

Thought Gerrard's passing was shocking.