IGNORED

England

Telegraph...

Leighton Baines 7

The Everton full-back showed why David Moyes remains so determined to take him to Manchester United in the January transfer window. Solid defensively, crisp and tidy in his distribution and he also delivered some penetrating crosses which should have brought greater reward. Now on a par with Ashley Cole, if not ahead of him.

BBC...

LEIGHTON BAINES (LEFT-BACK) - 8

Eight out of 10

Top class. Gave England a real attacking outlet, especially in the first half. Nothing to choose between the Everton defender and Ashley Cole.

Mirror...

Leighton Baines 8

Excellent. Looked sharp and lively both in defence and getting forward. Often England's best supply line.

Independent...

Leighton Baines

England did not miss Ashley Cole too much – Baines was solid and helped to stretch the play going forward. 6

to be honest, couldnt care less. Watched the game yesterday and realised Ive absolutely no interest in England...

What? How come? I would never ever, ever get like that about my national football team, only time I don't go to home games if they are in Cardiff as I often have to work on in the evening. I love my country so much, it's probably installed at birth!!! I like watching England play too, just hate the media that goes with it..... :(

What? How come? I would never ever, ever get like that about my national football team, only time I don't go to home games if they are in Cardiff as I often have to work on in the evening. I love my country so much, it's probably installed at birth!!! I like watching England play too, just hate the media that goes with it..... :(

Strange one this. I do care about England but nowhere near as much as I care about Everton; feeling just isn't the same.

As a welshman I don't think nothing could top seeing us qualify for a major championship. I'm off to Belgium on Tuesday, really looking forward to it even though we'll probably get stuffed. Regarding England I hate the media and some of the players who are so bloody arrogant it's unreal. I'll be honest in saying that I want England to lose no matter who they play. So supporting Everton and Wales, success isn't something I've witnessed as of yet. We won the FA cup in 1995 but I was only 4 so can't say I remember it. One day lads... Everton will win a trophy and Wales will qualify...

Im not even close to being patriotic, dont see the point or attraction, so dont care if its my national team or not. I love the game more than the team when it comes to internationals.

As a welshman I don't think nothing could top seeing us qualify for a major championship. I'm off to Belgium on Tuesday, really looking forward to it even though we'll probably get stuffed. Regarding England I hate the media and some of the players who are so bloody arrogant it's unreal. I'll be honest in saying that I want England to lose no matter who they play. So supporting Everton and Wales, success isn't something I've witnessed as of yet. We won the FA cup in 1995 but I was only 4 so can't say I remember it. One day lads... Everton will win a trophy and Wales will qualify...

Lucky sod!!! :crying smiley: Wish I were going. The Belgians do some excellent beers mind you................... :beer: C'mon Wales!!!

Strange one this. I do care about England but nowhere near as much as I care about Everton; feeling just isn't the same.

Same here. Used to be equal when I was younger but when I see players, managers and the FA not really giving a toss about England it makes me question what the point is. Add that to the times when out of form regulars play weekly and yet Everton players have been performing out of their skin and don't get look in. You only have to look at Bainesy for that. Should have played for England for at least the last 12-15 months and he is only starting due to Cole's injury.

to be fair, the Polish probably built Wembley....

Without good policing there could be a chance those numbers will take it down too.

The good old FA... "yeah lets sell the extra seats we will likely have to the polish and get an extra £1m in gate receipts"

Me "that will give the polish team a loud voice to cheer them on, why not just ensure we sell the whole stadium out to the english fans"

FA "we can't we average abou 65,000 fans per game"

Me "sell the tickets at a reduced rate to get the support in"

FA "no, we can't do that, the tickets are priced at what a fan should be prepared to pay and we can't be seen to offer cheap tickets to some fans and not others"

Me "what about fan trouble"

FA " well eerrrmmm, we probably would have had that if we restricted the polish alloocation and they ended up in england end"

Me "isn't that the case in any game, and besides why would an english fan sell their ticket to a pole unless you have been lapse in your ticketing process..."

Typical FA, can't make a right decision to save their lives. In fact, their decisions have cost lives....

A couple of years ago N.Ireland played Poland on a Saturday afternoon in Belfast. A large contingent of ROI based Poles arrived by train and proceeded to rob B and Q of axes, slege hammers etc on their way to Windsor Park. They wrecked a couple of pubs en route and at one point overwhelmed the police - who were taken by suprise by the agression and numbers of said Poles. A mate of mine said he had never witnessed more savage violence in his life. Be careful if you are going.

I am sure there are plenty of Polish fans simply going to watch their team too btw.

Without good policing there could be a chance those numbers will take it down too.

The good old FA... "yeah lets sell the extra seats we will likely have to the polish and get an extra £1m in gate receipts"

Me "that will give the polish team a loud voice to cheer them on, why not just ensure we sell the whole stadium out to the english fans"

FA "we can't we average abou 65,000 fans per game"

Me "sell the tickets at a reduced rate to get the support in"

FA "no, we can't do that, the tickets are priced at what a fan should be prepared to pay and we can't be seen to offer cheap tickets to some fans and not others"

Me "what about fan trouble"

FA " well eerrrmmm, we probably would have had that if we restricted the polish alloocation and they ended up in england end"

Me "isn't that the case in any game, and besides why would an english fan sell their ticket to a pole unless you have been lapse in your ticketing process..."

Typical FA, can't make a right decision to save their lives. In fact, their decisions have cost lives....

they're just looking to clean up aren't they! :shaking fist: :guns::guns::guns:

England: Hart, Smalling, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Carrick, Gerrard, Townsend, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge. Subs: Ruddy, Jones, Gibbs, Wilshere, Lampard, Milner, Barkley, Defoe, Sterling, Lambert, Forster.

Poland: Szczesny, Wojtkowiak, Jedrzejczyk, Glik, Celeban, Blaszczykowski, Mierzejewski, Krychowiak, Sobota, Mariusz Lewandowski, Robert Lewandowski. Subs: Boruc, Wasilewski, Jodlowiec, Polanski, Zielinski, Klich, Wawrzyniak, Peszko, Sobiech, Rzezniczak, Fabianski.