IGNORED

England

Townsend; "Sterling certainly has the physicality to play in the 10 role"

Other commentator 2 minutes later when Sterling runs in to and bounces off somebody; "Look at Sterling! There's nothing of him!"

Townsend; "Yeah"

Wochu talkin' 'bout, Andy?

Lampard looked so slow it was unbelievable. I knew his legs were going but that really shocked me. His only role in this World Cup should be to come on in the 119th min for pens.

I would also be very worried if Hart got injured cos Foster is awful.

On the positive side of things Ross and Ox were the best players on the pitch. When Lambert got on the ball he looked decent but I could probably count the touches on one hand. Oh and Stones even did quite well at LB ha.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27708966

Not according to Woy...

I wont comment as I could only bare watching 15mins but from what I saw, the media will have a very short time covering England in the finals.

Already discussed at length in the Barkley thread Matt...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/23135-barkley/?p=407359

England ought to be very very concerned about their defence. It was very vulnerable last night - almost amateurish. Both Italy and Uruguay have the potential to ship three or more goals past Hart.

The back five last night contained none of the expected starting line up though; they were indeed dreadful and the Milner experiment was a dismal failure.

Looks like back to the "first team" again tonight...

England starting XI: Hart, Johnson, Baines, Gerrard, Cahill, Jagielka, Henderson, Rooney, Lallana, Sturridge, Welbeck.

Manager digging his heels in on Rooney (in) and Barkley (out) apparently. Stupid man.