IGNORED

England

Two very average and boring teams. Very little creativity. Someone like Ross Barkley would turn this game on its head.

BTW, who was it on a stretcher and receiving treatment right after the England goal?

The physio. Apparently broken his ankle celebrating.

Guest blueboy122

You guys should sub Gerrard and Rooney. Rooney not tracking back and allowing overloads in Baines area and Gerrard doesn't have the legs to make up for that either.

Rooney is in totally the wrong position. He's playing in the Ronaldo position coming in from the wing when he should be playing the number 9 or 10.

Gerard is being shown for what he is. Wrong decision time after time giving the ball away no positional discipline. Although I wouldn't take him off as he is a brilliant leader and has the experience.

I always get embarrassed being an Englishman when comparing footballing stars. The supposed best English midfielder in Gerrard for the past 10 years vs Pirlo...... Jesus. Worlds apart.

Guest blueboy122

He's been well out if his depth here. Blue shades off he looks so suspect. Yes he's not getting help but every time they attack down that side they look dangerous

Wouldn't say out of his depth at all. He gets no help and he needs a James Milner in front of him not acres of space where 2/3 Italians can attack him. He's pinned back with no help.

Lahm would look equally as un impressive in the same circumstances.

Guest blueboy122

Italians the better team.

Next match we need to drop Henderson he offers nothing. Rooney more central with Sturridge.

Wilshire by the way wasn't to good when he came on consistently gave the ball away.

Well, that's 90 minutes of my life I won't get back. Both teams were awful - boring, unimaginative, and without passion. I know they'll blame the climate, but they've had weeks to prepare and the game was played during evening hours.

I was watching on a Spanish channel (because we don't get cable and none of the English-speaking broadcast channels were showing this game), and the commentators were actually laughing at England at times - especially at Rooney. When he wasted that corner, they spent several seconds just laughing. Mind you, it was rather comedic.

If I was the manager of Costa Rica, I'd feel rather confident right now if this is the calibre of the opposition.

Guest blueboy122

England played well and deserved a draw. Rooney should have scored his chance.

Think that's being kind. They had us right where they wanted all game. It was just a case of them stepping it up abit when needed then they would just retain the ball.

Guest blueboy122

I don't understand the comments about the teams playing well. I've watched every game so far, and the only team to play worse than England and Italy was Australia, and at least they tried.

Agree Steve. We never bothered an Italian side who were literally playing like it was men against boys we had a few huffs and puffs with Sterling but that's about it. We never stretched them.

England looked terrible. The only time they were comfortable was the counter attack with sterling and Sturridge.

Rooney, Gerrard, Henderson, Rooney, all offered nothing. Roy is a joke, last 20 minutes Italy parked the bus and he wouldn't even push jags and Cahill up to attack. Just boring ball.

If they don't start ross and Lallana next match they might as well pack it up.

Guest blueboy122

At a high level, the game was won and lost in midfield. Frankly, England didn't have one. Gerrard, in particular, offers nothing to the team. Yes, there's a weakness at right back (Bolatelli easily lost his marker for Italy's second), but I'd be more worried about the midfield.

Spot on again our midfield had no presence.

Gerard was invisible. I think Gerrard himself will be frustrated at his role because he was maybe told to not attack at all as he didn't feature in an attack.

Barry should if gone so we could utilise Gerrard further forward when needed but we don't even have that option as there is no capable player to hold that position in the squad

Guest blueboy122

England looked terrible. The only time they were comfortable was the counter attack with sterling and Sturridge.

Rooney, Gerrard, Henderson, Rooney, all offered nothing. Roy is a joke, last 20 minutes Italy parked the bus and he wouldn't even push jags and Cahill up to attack. Just boring ball.

If they don't start ross and Lallana next match they might as well pack it up.

Lallana is a much better option than Wilshere don't get the hype about him.

Baines was totally exposed tonight as inept defensively at this level. Cole should have gone and I'm prepared for the onslaught from the blue tinted but we looked so fragile every time they attacked down that left hand side.

He was up against two players. It's unrealistic to expect him to sniff out two players at the same time.

Balotelli's goal was a good example of this btw.

Edited by Steve_E

I do think Baines was at fault for the second goal. He completely sold himself on that one.

But I wouldn't say he had a terrible game in general. There's not much you can do when you've got no help out there whatsoever, leaving you up against two opposition players. He's fucked whatever he does in that situation.