IGNORED

England

9 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yeah he's not great but the level of abuse he gets is beyond for me. Just start to feel bad for the guy

If Southgate stuck to his word and actually played form players, or even players that are playing for their clubs, there wouldn’t be a problem. But that dope keeps sending the lamb to slaughter.

On 12/09/2023 at 21:14, Romey 1878 said:

What will it take for Southgate to stop picking him? Retirement?

He’s absolute shite. Always has been, always will be. 

But we're all being horrible to him and it's not fair; Southgate, Michail Antonio, his mum, Conor Coady, James Maddison, Brendan Rodgers, Scott McTominay, Peter Crouch's dad and now even Ten Hag have all said what absolute rotters we are.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

But we're all being horrible to him and it's not fair; Southgate, Michail Antonio, his mum, Conor Coady, James Maddison, Brendan Rodgers, Scott McTominay, Peter Crouch's dad and now even Ten Hag have all said what absolute rotters we are.

In that case I take it all back, he's actually brilliant... fuck, I can't lie that big.

Ten Hag? He's being that nice to him that he took him out the team even after leaving him captain, then stripped him of the captaincy this season, wanted to sell him, then threw the gobshite under a bus and made out like Maguire was leaving because he didn't have the balls to stay and fight for his place, so he then decided he would stay after all and then Ten Hag still doesn't play him.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Against Italy, Southgate has started Kalvin Phillips, a player who hasn't played a regular league game for the longest time, when there are many more deserving starters. He seems to be a stubborn manager with definite favourites.

And Maguire.

22 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Against Italy, Southgate has started Kalvin Phillips, a player who hasn't played a regular league game for the longest time, when there are many more deserving starters. He seems to be a stubborn manager with definite favourites.

“Hendo” as he calls him, was dropped for tactical reasons. 

Fraud 

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Phillips looks off the pace and that’s why he picked up an early booking and should’ve got a second yellow.

Absolutely nuts to play him in the competitive game and not the friendly instead.

Southgate is a bellend.   He’s literally got a cheat code with some of those players at his disposal.   Bellingham could boss the midfield vs any team in the world, Kane just seems to get better and better.   Pep has turned foden and grealish into a pair of shrewd hard working talents. 

yet Southgate always seems to make things harder than they should be. We should have won euros, we should have beaten France.   I fear that under Southgate we will end up empty handed with arguably the most technically and mentally capable squad of players in my lifetime 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Setting himself up for more derision, his mum will no doubt come to the cherub's defence anytime now:rolleyes:

Funniest bit is...

"Don't boo players who dedicate their life to play and do everything they can to make this country have good memories and have special moments for them and their families."

How very selfless of these multi-millionnaires to be putting themselves on the line for us common folk; cue chorus of (Everything I Do) I Do It for You:D

5 hours ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67142612

Shame on you all.

:rofl:

He lost me on:-

"Don't boo players who dedicate their life to play and do everything they can to make this country have good memories and have special moments for them and their families."

I thought for a minute Jordan Henderson was a multi millionaire footballer who despite being mega rich, virtue signalled his way into selling the lgbtq community out for a tidy retirement package to add to his already mega tidy wealth. 

it seems Jordan isn’t that….he deserves us to stand outside banging pans and stuff 

• 4 months later...
On 17/10/2023 at 20:10, Cornish Steve said:

Against Italy, Southgate has started Kalvin Phillips, a player who hasn't played a regular league game for the longest time...

Selected all the time he was sat on the City bench, now he's getting game time with West Ham he's dropped.

Hmmm🤔

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Saw a story that there has been an outcry (mostly among politicians it seems) about how the St. George's Cross appears on the England kit for the Euros. 

Is this as big a deal as it's being made or is it just people complaining just to complain about things?

I would say it’s a big deal, when you’re countries banner has been destroyed in the name of fun. But I don’t speak for everyone just for myself. 

8 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Saw a story that there has been an outcry (mostly among politicians it seems) about how the St. George's Cross appears on the England kit for the Euros. 

Is this as big a deal as it's being made or is it just people complaining just to complain about things?

It is a bit of big deal sadly, stoked by the rise of the right. Nobody batted an eyelid when the union flag was messed with for our 2012 Olympic kit, but we're in a very different political space now. Don't think we'll ever reach US levels of insanity but there's a loud minority who sadly aren't going anywhere just now.

Team GB Olympic kit launch - in pictures | Fashion | The Guardian

Just now, Palfy said:

I would say it’s a big deal, when you’re countries banner has been destroyed in the name of fun. But I don’t speak for everyone just for myself.

How has it been destroyed?

The flags at Wembley were the same as they always are.

15 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Well.... if you object to it then you are a racist, brexit gammon who has nothing better to do than to get offended by the St George's flag being messed with. It's usually people with Ukraine, EU flags on their bios who make such statements. 

we live in a strange world where sensitivity to peoples feelings and beliefs only matter for the minority. 

my thoughts are - flags are important to many people. Servicemen and women hold flags in the highest regard and when they are buried they receive a flag on their coffin. Leave it alone. 

Me personally? I'm not concerned but on behalf of people who are - yes. The same way that whilst I'm not gay or black - I will stand up for people who are disrespected. 

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It is a bit of big deal sadly, stoked by the rise of the right. Nobody batted an eyelid when the union flag was messed with for our 2012 Olympic kit, but we're in a very different political space now. Don't think we'll ever reach US levels of insanity but there's a loud minority who sadly aren't going anywhere just now.

Team GB Olympic kit launch - in pictures | Fashion | The Guardian

Why the right Mike - a bit of a generalisation isn't it?

Ive voted labour in every single election, i do work for diversity as part of my role and whilst I'm not getting in to the bollocks of seeing where I am on the political spectrum I personally think that messing about with symbols of significance is out of order. 

Why is it people need to try and bracket people???  Is it not ok to get annoyed that virtue signalling is messing about with traditionally respected icons? 

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How has it been destroyed?

The flags at Wembley were the same as they always are.

Firstly I am not part of any right movement and do not hold any right beliefs. 
The flag of St George is what distinguishes us from the rest of the Union and should remain untouched in its current form, it holds so much for so many people. Do you think the Scots would be happy if their flag was put on their shirts with a pink and red cross or the Welsh dragon was violet, no they wouldn’t they would be up in arms, and I wouldn’t call the Scots or the Welsh part of the right.