IGNORED

England

Spain is gonna be a side to have to deal with in the women's game for years to come. In addition to their senior team being World Cup champions, their U-17 and U-20 squads are the reigning champions at those levels too. It's gonna feel different for those of us here in the states as the talent gap in the women's game has lessened with how much investment there has been in other parts of the world so the U.S. won't be the dominant side they have been for awhile. 

22 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Spain is gonna be a side to have to deal with in the women's game for years to come. In addition to their senior team being World Cup champions, their U-17 and U-20 squads are the reigning champions at those levels too. It's gonna feel different for those of us here in the states as the talent gap in the women's game has lessened with how much investment there has been in other parts of the world so the U.S. won't be the dominant side they have been for awhile. 

100% 

It's gonna be a good thing for the game and for the USWNT. Gonna have to make us raise our level of play

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Southgate has given me the best memories in my life as an England fan, so it'll take a lot for me to turn on him. He isn't helping himself with his obsession with Maguire though and should he see it through to the next tournament will quite rightly need to take the blame when fingers point his way.

Agreed. Whenever I've seen us play we've looked genuinely good. Is the manager letting down the players or are the players letting down the manager? I'm thinking more the latter...

I love England regardless of the manager I freely admit I’m very passionate and patriotic when it comes to English teams in sports, I will agree that I found the game against Ukraine very tedious and seeing players like Maguire and Henderson still making the team very disappointing. What I want as a Englishman is to have Cornish Steve arrested for treason and taken to the Tower and be headed before he gets an opportunity to scalp Formby 😂

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

To anyone who thinks Southgate is giving us good memories you  must not have seen England under Robson and then Venables. 

either of those 2 managers would have delivered a trophy with the golden generation or this bunch. 

Nope, I was born in 1993 so my first memory of an England manager was Sven. Since then we've had McLaren, Capello, Allardyce and Hodgson so you can probably see why my opinion is a little skewed.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I was born in 83, it wasn't that much better mate. 

You missed/too young to understand 86, 90.   Not sure how you couldn’t have loved euro 96, smashing Holland etc? although this squad of players is far more technically better than the 96 team. 

southgate is bloody awful. It’s quite frightening how good this England team could be in the hands of a pep or klopp. They would literally blow teams away. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

You missed/too young to understand 86, 90.   Not sure how you couldn’t have loved euro 96, smashing Holland etc? although this squad of players is far more technically better than the 96 team. 

southgate is bloody awful. It’s quite frightening how good this England team could be in the hands of a pep or klopp. They would literally blow teams away. 

You mean where we crashed out on penalties in the semifinal, thanks to Southgate. At least as a manager he got the team to the final.

I'm also not remotely patriotic and find the whole concept bizarre so maybe that's why I'm less bothered than the rest. 

17 hours ago, Palfy said:

What I want as a Englishman is to have Cornish Steve arrested for treason and taken to the Tower and be headed before he gets an opportunity to scalp Formby 😂

For obvious reasons, I would like the same thing!!! If you park your cart before the tower, Master Palfy, I can throw turnips at him from behind it for good measure. 🙂 

44 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Good luck to England today. Of course, I shall be supporting the Celts of Scotland but will congratulate whichever team wins. Let's hope it's an evenly matched and exciting game. The atmosphere should be intense.

@MikeO, someone has hacked Steve's account by the looks of things, can you take a look?

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Good luck to England today. Of course, I shall be supporting the Celts of Scotland but will congratulate whichever team wins. Let's hope it's an evenly matched and exciting game. The atmosphere should be intense.

Fine print.

No congratulations will be offered to England should any of the following conditions prevail.

1. Victory is undeserved.
  2. Victory is achieved as a result of bias.
  3. Victory is achieved as a result of unsportsmanlike behavior.
  4. Victory is achieved via a player who should have earlier been dismissed.
  5. Victory is achieved because added time exceeded its declared duration.
  6. Victory is achieved because of bad weather.
  7. Victory is achieved because of inadequate floodlights.
  8. One or more England fans chant slogans that violate FIFA guidelines.
  9. One or more England fans are seen to be inebriated within the stadium.
  10. One or more England fans frequent a pub that's clearly supportive of Scotland.
  11. The English media publish demeaning comments about Celts or Celtish nations.
  12. English TT members publish inflammatory or provocative remarks.