IGNORED

England

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's been an interesting couple of days reading the British media's adoration of the England team. Frankly, I thought their play was mediocre; they were lucky that Germany's play was even more lacklustre. Personally, I see England as the weakest of the final eight.

Now why doesn’t that surprise me, anything to bash England with on any subject and your there at the front. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just enjoy it, Palf, his bitterness is sweet to read :lol:.

It's not bitterness; it's bewilderment that England is so poor. Why is Harry Kane playing? He's largely anonymous and ineffective. Why isn't Jack Grealish starting every game? Why does England play "not to lose" instead of playing to win? The team is realizing much less than its full potential, despite the unfair advantage of always playing at home. If they were to play Italy or Belgium, they'd be crushed without a fundamental change in approach. The only bright spark is a flawless Jordan Pickford.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's been an interesting couple of days reading the British media's adoration of the England team. Frankly, I thought their play was mediocre; they were lucky that Germany's play was even more lacklustre. Personally, I see England as the weakest of the final eight.

Not really adoration is it .....more like getting behind the players and manager.  Maybe you want pictures of turnips on southgates head or Wally with brolly headlines......

Conceded 0 goals,. Btw I'm fucking delighted Wales got hammered, absolutely fucking delighted.  

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not really adoration is it .....more like getting behind the players and manager.  Maybe you want pictures of turnips on southgates head or Wally with brolly headlines......

Conceded 0 goals,. Btw I'm fucking delighted Wales got hammered, absolutely fucking delighted.  

It's just a shame that Wales hadn't faced England.

7 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Unbeaten and zero goals conceded, proper shite aren't we.

Zero goals because, as I mentioned above, Jordan Pickford has been flawless. Also, Muller missed an absolute sitter.

Unbeaten because England hasn't yet played any of the top teams. They're fortunate to be in the easy half of the tournament and only played at home. Ukraine won't be a real test either, but then they'll start to face the real competition.

England has the potential to be one of the top teams, but, as I mentioned earlier, they are playing well below that potential. Harry Kane, in particular, is a waste of space: DC-L should be starting. Jack Grealish always makes a difference and is why they won against Croatia and against Germany. For once, I agree with Mourinho: It's madness that he doesn't start every game. Luke Shaw played well against Scotland but was lukewarm (no pun intended) against Germany.

Some teams start out slow and improve as they go along. Let's see whether this becomes true for England.

Incidentally, that was by far the worst performance I've ever seen from a German team.

Friend is Polish and had swapped to England for the rest of the tournament. 20 minutes into the game said it's like watching Poland, England are shit.

England won, but it was more down to Germany not being clinical enough. That first half was piss poor and Germany could have easily had the game won. 

Personally was only arsed about Pickford, so not that bias either way. That said if you're keeper is your best player it tends to mean the outfield haven't been that good.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Friend is Polish and had swapped to England for the rest of the tournament. 20 minutes into the game said it's like watching Poland, England are shit.

England won, but it was more down to Germany not being clinical enough. That first half was piss poor and Germany could have easily had the game won. 

Personally was only arsed about Pickford, so not that bias either way. That said if you're keeper is your best player it tends to mean the outfield haven't been that good.

Spot on. Remove the rose-colored glasses, and England has been average at best - but with a top-notch goalkeeper.

18 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally, I see England as the weakest of the final eight.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Ukraine won't be a real test either, but then they'll start to face the real competition.

Is that called backtracking, we started the competition as one of the favourites and things are going to plan. Second favourites France scored more goals but conceded more hence that’s why they are out, look at Belgium the favourites there not exactly setting the tournament alight with a load of goals every game but they are proceeding because there not conceding, Spain have been very lucky poor in there group and lucky to get through the last 16. Italy have had the easiest path so far not England and I would class Germany still as a top team in Europe. 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Serious contradiction there Steve, can't have it both ways.

Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're right. Only time reveals which statement is true. Is England the weakest team of the eight, or will Ukraine fail to be a test?

I can only repeat my earlier comment: "it's bewilderment that England is so poor. Why is Harry Kane playing? He's largely anonymous and ineffective. Why isn't Jack Grealish starting every game? Why does England play 'not to lose' instead of playing to win? The team is realizing much less than its full potential." People locally with whom I've spoken are of the same opinion: Why is England playing so poorly?

England is something of a riddle, a contradiction, an enigma. Will the real England reveal itself against Ukraine, or will they remain mediocre and break the hearts of millions?

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Some of the tweets were fucking disgusting, like making me pace with anger. I'd love to see some of these cowards talk like that in real life, but not as much as I'd enjoy the repercussions...

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Personally I thought the cameraman was a joke .... Why do that? Poor little thing was gutted but she will be playing with Pokémon and stuff now and not giving a second thought to footy.

Of course you are gonna get fans cheering - football fans for you.  Absolute nobheads in every single crowd ...... Well done to the Welsh fan for clearly finding an opportunity to get his 15 minutes.  

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Personally I thought the cameraman was a joke .... Why do that? Poor little thing was gutted but she will be playing with Pokémon and stuff now and not giving a second thought to footy.

Of course you are gonna get fans cheering - football fans for you.  Absolute nobheads in every single crowd ...... Well done to the Welsh fan for clearly finding an opportunity to get his 15 minutes.  

I assume you didn't see the hate directed at the little girl because she German? The outright racist abuse, calling a little German cunt and laughing? 15 minutes of fame my arse, he did something good and fucking well should be acknowledged.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I assume you didn't see the hate directed at the little girl because she German? The outright racist abuse, calling a little German cunt and laughing? 15 minutes of fame my arse, he did something good and fucking well should be acknowledged.

At the football??? I'd hope not. That's disgraceful.

On the charity front there's people who need operations etc - I really don't get the "fund me" nonsense because she was upset... I'm sure the fa big wigs can get her signed shirts etc. 

Again.... Why are cameras picking up on a juvenile in the crowd in itself?  Totally wrong. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

At the football??? I'd hope not.  

All over social media, and i bet you there would've been comments in the stands too. It was disgusting and embarrassing knowing this thundercunts have the right to breathe air let alone breed. 

Just now, Matt said:

All over social media, and i bet you there would've been comments in the stands too. It was disgusting and embarrassing knowing this thundercunts have the right to breathe air let alone breed. 

You mean the same type of people who racially abuse players, wish ill on their families, boo the knee, boo national anthems?  Yep .... I know quite well these so called fans exist.  You find them at goodison, anfield, Cardiff, glasgow.....

Again.... Why the fuck are cameras and producers zooming in on things like that??? What possibly was going to happen.

I actually thought at the match it was because Mueller was getting subbed.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You mean the same type of people who racially abuse players, wish ill on their families, boo the knee, boo national anthems?  Yep .... I know quite well these so called fans exist.  You find them at goodison, anfield, Cardiff, glasgow.....

Again.... Why the fuck are cameras and producers zooming in on things like that??? What possibly was going to happen.

I actually thought at the match it was because Mueller was getting subbed.

So what, cater to the cunts and don't show anything? You're complaining about a guy making a nice gesture and a cameraman doing his job?

I'm walking away because otherwise you and I are going to have a major falling out. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

So what, cater to the cunts and don't show anything? You're complaining about a guy making a nice gesture and a cameraman doing his job?

I'm walking away because otherwise you and I are going to have a major falling out. 

What do you want me to say?  It's horrible - nasty - mean ..... And yet very unsurprising.  I've already agreed on that 

Does it warrant "Welsh fan starts fund me page"....... No, nice gesture and all that but it's been politicised.

Im sure the fans cheering make great parents. 

As for cameraman.... Was the one zooming in on erikksen and his partners reaction just doing his/her job?

The world is full of pricks. Simple as that. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Why the fuck are cameras and producers zooming in on things like that??? What possibly was going to happen.

Well, I really didn't expect a response like this!

If the cameraman hadn't shown a picture of the girl, there would have been no nastiness. After all, we all know how England fans are.

Why is that argument any different than... If the woman hadn't worn such a short skirt, there would have been no rape. After all, we all know how young men are.

Let's not try to shift the blame here - or, for that matter, turn the Welshman into a cynical opportunist.

15 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Well, I really didn't expect a response like this!

If the cameraman hadn't shown a picture of the girl, there would have been no nastiness. After all, we all know how England fans are.

Why is that argument any different than... If the woman hadn't worn such a short skirt, there would have no rape. After all, we all know how young men are.

Let's not try to shift the blame here - or, for that matter, turn the Welshman into cynical opportunist.

Listen.... Before you get on your high horse I've never really agreed with the pervy cameramen zooming in on females in the crowd with cleavages out... Objectifying and unnecessary and not even subtle. 

You can't take a camera into a kids fun place when your little ones are at a party but it's ok for a cameraman to zoom in on one girl in a crowd who is crying??? Beamed to millions?!!! Wtf?..... 

The reaction of the fans cheering is uncalled for and cruel but by nature of football that shit happens!!!! Sorry but your beloved Welsh fans..... Believe it or not - their Welsh DNA doesn't make them not cheer at stuff like that..... It's the tribalistic bollocks that seems to go hand in hand with the game. 

As for twitter pricks.... Well the sooner laws are passed to personally identify these dickheads the better.

Hopefully the well intentioned money goes to a charity or pays for an operation or something. 

And just for the record ....... The introduction to the "go fund me" reads like this:-

Well intentioned my arse.... £20,000 it stands at...... 

Story

So yeah, England beat Germany in a major competition at last (well done).