IGNORED

England

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

I fully expected him to be crap but I thought he did OK, Kalvin Phillips though? Leeds are going to struggle keep him if he stays at that level. Dom MOTM for me though, very stylish the way he ran onto the pitch😎

Proper midfielder.  Great energy and looks forward at every opportunity

• Romey 1878 changed the title to England
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Official England "anthem" for the Euros, can really see this catching on with the fans:huh:. What a pile of absolute steaming horseshit; lots of musical styles I don't personally like but can understand why others do, who the fuck could possibly see any merit or skill in this garbage?

I also love the irony of the accent on the é. You know, like the English language doesn't have but quite a few of our EU neighbours do :lol:

What a time to be alive.

People crying before the game but Southgate got it spot on, soaked up 10-15 minutes of German pressure but then when they ran out of ideas flicked the switch and got us across the line. Two great goals (tap ins, but so well worked) and we have a tie against Ukraine or Sweden that we should win blindfolded. 

Tonight was special, just an unbelievable football game to watch.

14 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He was born Austrian but got German citizenship in 1932 (having been stateless since he renounced his Austrian citizenship in 1925). Thus endeth the history lesson.

Austria was a federal state of Germany until the end of WW11 when it was given it’s independence, which made the Von Trapps and all Austrians   Technically Germans, which is why the father Von Trapp was a German officer. Quite interesting when you think Austria was real power house in the past. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Austria was a federal state of Germany until the end of WW11 when it was given it’s independence, which made the Von Trapps and all Austrians   Technically Germans, which is why the father Von Trapp was a German officer. Quite interesting when you think Austria was real power house in the past. 

I mean... there's not understanding history and then there's rewriting it. 11 world wars?! Come on now, that's just silly!