6 Tottenham (A)

13 QPR (H)

20 Sunderland (A)

27 Fulham (H)

May

4 Liverpool (A)

12 West Ham (H)

19 Chelsea (A)

Don't like the look at this run of games. First mid week game is Arsenal on Wed with City on the weekend, then Spurs the week after, followed by 2 away games. Hopefully eased by wins at home against Wigan and Chelsea, then the last nasty fixture Newc away on New Years. Decent spread otherwise, only qualm is that the FA Cup isn't on my b'day this year :(.

Also I can see the club doing their best with a final push for season tickets, as they are gonna struggle to sell any half ones with all the top half games in the first half of the season except Man City and Fulham.

I thought the new fixtures came out later than this, all seems a bit premature even ?

These are all hand picked of course, people just put teams against each other however they see fit, or if they have any favorite sides, they put them on dates or against opposition teams that is in their best interests, these just aren't randomly done so stuff that idea. Always seem to play Liverpool in Autumn at home and the return this time is in early May at Anfield which seems about right. Lo and behold we have an away game with the plastics on the last day of next season. you couldn't make it up. dry.png

Newcastle is a good side, West Brom at the Hawthorns is tough but winnable, and Swansea are also a decent side, but we beat them in both fixtures last year, so I expect a good showing. Oh, and Villa at Villa park isn't easy. A lot of winnable games, even though a few are tough.

I'm planning my first trip to the UK and Goodison is squarely in my sights. Hoping to catch Wigan and Chelsea over the holiday period. Any advice on securing tickets? How far in advance will they go on sale from the main site? Are there other ticket options that are worth looking in to? Obviously if anyone on here has season tickets for those games that they know they won't be using I'd certainly love to make a deal.

Cheers!

Think probably two or three weeks pre game they'll be on general sale....normally they'll post them out to you if you book that far in advance so probably better to do it over the phone rather than the 'net and arrange to pick them up from the ground on match day.

There are hospitality options if you want to do it in style but I've no experience of them.

Hope you enjoy the trip....where else are you going to be visiting?

I never really understood the need to play fixtures on New Years Day. Surely given the choice the players of any club would rather have the night off and go out with their families or friends and see in the new year, with the obligatory drinks and liquor and just try to enjoy themselves, rather than an early night and up early the next day and a long trip to an oppostion, (while some are still stumbling their way home along the streets), I know it's tradition, and been this way for some time now, but maybe give the players the New Year Day off and resume fixtures on the 2nd or 3rd even?

They do this for Christmas Eve I believe so why not the very end of year also. Some days of the year should be sacrosanct with regards to soccer I only feel.

I never really understood the need to play fixtures on New Years Day. Surely given the choice the players of any club would rather have the night off and go out with their families or friends and see in the new year, with the obligatory drinks and liquor and just try to enjoy themselves, rather than an early night and up early the next day and a long trip to an oppostion, (while some are still stumbling their way home along the streets), I know it's tradition, and been this way for some time now, but maybe give the players the New Year Day off and resume fixtures on the 2nd or 3rd even?

They do this for Christmas Eve I believe so why not the very end of year also. Some days of the year should be sacrosanct with regards to soccer I only feel.

People buy tickets as xmas gifts, so it's the best time to have home games. People have less money in Jan, first game tends to be the FA cup 3rd round which tickets tend to be cheaper.

Think probably two or three weeks pre game they'll be on general sale....normally they'll post them out to you if you book that far in advance so probably better to do it over the phone rather than the 'net and arrange to pick them up from the ground on match day.

There are hospitality options if you want to do it in style but I've no experience of them.

Hope you enjoy the trip....where else are you going to be visiting?

Thanks Mike. I'm starting in India for a wedding then making my way west, through the Arabian peninsula and then up through Europe before heading back to Canuckistan.