IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

He said sari thought he was still injured, he wasn’t but sari didn’t understand.  He refused because he was fit.  He saved a kick so he was not at fault.  Luiz and Jorginho missed there’s and they are the reason they lost.  Also that kante open goal miss

kepa said he spoke with the manager right after and just delivered an apology via twitter saying what I said above.  He said he was not being insubordinate.  Even sarri said after it was just a misunderstanding.  Media blowing it way out of proportion.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He said sari thought he was still injured, he wasn’t but sari didn’t understand.  He refused because he was fit.  He saved a kick so he was not at fault.  Luiz and Jorginho missed there’s and they are the reason they lost.  Also that kante open goal miss

kepa said he spoke with the manager right after and just delivered an apology via twitter saying what I said above.  He said he was not being insubordinate.  Even sarri said after it was just a misunderstanding.  Media blowing it way out of proportion.

From the reactions of Sarri and Zola as the incident was unfolding I don’t think much has been blown out of proportion, Sarri has to say it was a misunderstanding or he has severely punish  the keeper or consider his own position at the club, maybe some sort of sense has prevailed and this is the right outcome, but I’ve never witnessed anything close to this in all my years of watching football. 

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I wish we subbed Shilton in the 1990 shoot out for beasant. We would have had a chance. 

If Beasant had actually been on the bench it might have been a decent shout. He wasn't though, Chris Woods was our sub 'keeper (for the younger members back in those days you didn't have your whole squad on the bench).

https://englandmemories.com/2015/07/04/the-dave-beasant-myth-at-italia-90/

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If Beasant had actually been on the bench it might have been a decent shout. He wasn't though, Chris Woods was our sub 'keeper (for the younger members back in those days you didn't have your whole squad on the bench).

https://englandmemories.com/2015/07/04/the-dave-beasant-myth-at-italia-90/

Always thought he was a sub.... either way I'd have had woods in goal for pens.  Shilton was shit.  Dived half an hour after ball was kicked. 

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

Kepa should've come off regardless of the misunderstanding with the manager. You just don't do that. He also should've saved Aguero's take so that will work against him as well.

He could’ve just walked over and had a chat and avoided the whole thing...

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Anyone else surprised by Rodgers joining Leicester? I'm not sure how that will go.. Hopefully badly.

i was talking to a co-worker (man u fan) about this.  I think Rodgers is a good manager, the SPL hasn't really given him the chance to hone his skills (walk in the park there for him) but he's shown with the shite he's a good manager.  I just think Leicester as a squad are imbalanced.  Vardy is old and a summer away from being past it.  Mahrez was sold.  Ihenacho and Okazaki i've never rated.  Maddison is a nice player, schmeichel is decent, chilwell and pereira are good.  that's about it.  I just don't think they have the quality to be anything other than a mid table side, which is why i didn't get the Puel firing.  He played to their defend first strengths.  Rodgers is the exact opposite.  Their team is not stocked with players ready to play possession based football attacking and having a go.  He will probably need a ton of funds to overhaul the squad to get players that suit his philosophy too, so the chairman has to be on board for a big spend and firesale in the summer.  i just don't get it really.

your thoughts @Bailey ?

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Anyone else surprised by Rodgers joining Leicester? I'm not sure how that will go.. Hopefully badly.

Fair play to him for giving up slapping pub teams every week for a proper challenge. Celtic fans are outraged that he didn't go for the "historic" treble treble but my wife could've done that for them for far less money; managing Celtic is a bit like a high paid holiday for coaches undergoing a slight confidence crisis.

Hope he fails dismally at Leicester though and then gets a job at Motherwell and fails some more.

20 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i was talking to a co-worker (man u fan) about this.  I think Rodgers is a good manager, the SPL hasn't really given him the chance to hone his skills (walk in the park there for him) but he's shown with the shite he's a good manager.  I just think Leicester as a squad are imbalanced.  Vardy is old and a summer away from being past it.  Mahrez was sold.  Ihenacho and Okazaki i've never rated.  Maddison is a nice player, schmeichel is decent, chilwell and pereira are good.  that's about it.  I just don't think they have the quality to be anything other than a mid table side, which is why i didn't get the Puel firing.  He played to their defend first strengths.  Rodgers is the exact opposite.  Their team is not stocked with players ready to play possession based football attacking and having a go.  He will probably need a ton of funds to overhaul the squad to get players that suit his philosophy too, so the chairman has to be on board for a big spend and firesale in the summer.  i just don't get it really.

your thoughts @Bailey ?

My thoughts more or less mirror yours. I'm not sure it is a fit and it will take a very good manager to overhaul that way of playing. More recently they have brought in more 'possession' players (well Maddison, Silva, Iheanacho and Tielemans) but it will be fun trying to see Evans, Morgan, McGuire and Huth trying to play a high line! 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

Be interesting to see how long it takes before Vardy is slagging him off. 

Im not sure whether Vardy would be a big part of his plans or not.

He isn'tt very good at holding the ball up but he will chase and chase and he is always looking to get in behind which Rodgers will like. I think he will definitely start every game he can this season but I am not so sure after the summer.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Im not sure whether Vardy would be a big part of his plans or not.

He isn'ttt very good at holding the ball up but he will chase and chase and he is always looking to get in behind which Rodgers will like. I think he will definitely start every game he can this season but I am not so sure after the summer.

I'd fuck vardy off asap if I was Rodgers.... got no time for that skiprat Alfred Steptoe lookalike prick and his Mrs. 

Good player who will be on the decline now.  Trouble caused written all over him. 

11 hours ago, hafnia said:

I'd fuck vardy off asap if I was Rodgers.... got no time for that skiprat Alfred Steptoe lookalike prick and his Mrs. 

Good player who will be on the decline now.  Trouble caused written all over him. 

no fence sitting haf,  tell us what you think of vardy  mate :rofl:

On 02/03/2019 at 12:47, hafnia said:

The bottom line is the problem though. Cast him to the bench and your digging your own grave if reports are to be believed (and if results arent great). 

He looked to pick up a knock in the game though which might be a blessing in disguise for Rodgers!

12 hours ago, johnh said:

Bournemouth stats for the game against City.

Possession 18%

Attempts on goal  0

Attempts on target  0

Corners   0

Open play crosses 1

Even Fat Sam never had stats like that.

No I’m pretty sure we managed about that in the first half against them last year - second half they just took pity on us because we were that shit.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

No I’m pretty sure we managed about that in the first half against them last year - second half they just took pity on us because we were that shit.

First half was slightly worse and we only managed 18% possession over the full game, though we did have a handful of shots.

"...in that one-sided first half, Manchester City midfield man Fernandinho completed 62 passes while the entire Everton team completed only 64. The Brazilian finished with 14.5% possession himself while the whole Everton team managed 17.9%."

Capture.JPG

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

First half was slightly worse and we only managed 18% possession over the full game, though we did have a handful of shots.

"...in that one-sided first half, Manchester City midfield man Fernandinho completed 62 passes while the entire Everton team completed only 64. The Brazilian finished with 14.5% possession himself while the whole Everton team managed 17.9%."

Capture.JPG

Silva out - big Sam in