IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Got to be worth a mention that my favorite Scots side Aberdeen won the League Cup very recently following a shoot-out victory over Inverness

That was the first trophy won since 1995 incidentally (ironically the League Cup also) and that's a very poor record for a club of this stature.

Wish I could be more pleased but that's only the second trophy won now since 1990 for a club side that were once one of europe's best. - I do hope they can bring back some of their former stature to the game.

Yes he trained with the US for their last friendly and has seen first team time with Bayern Munich. He could be the future of US football/soccer. I hope he does well!!

I'm so pumped we managed to get him. I have a feeling he's been guaranteed a roster spot as a result.

I'm so pumped we managed to get him. I have a feeling he's been guaranteed a roster spot as a result.

yeah i think that's why juergen went for him now. to dangle the WC over him to get him to join and rightly so put him on. if he would have went for him after the WC, he could improve and get onto Germany's call up and then it's over. Well played Juergen.

We've got a great German-American Contingent thanks to him. Jermaine Jones, Fabian Johnson, Tim Chandler, Danny Williams, Terrence Boyd, John Anthony Brooks, now Julian Green, got Aron Johannsson from Iceland, and hoping to land this Gedion Zelalem from Arsenal and Germany.

Go Yanks!

We face Germany in the World Cup this summer, along with Portugal and Ghana, and while having lost significant interest in the international scene, think there's a decent chance of making the second round once again. Can we win it ? Of course not, we realize can only go so far and the eventual winners will feature someone like Argentina or said Germans, but it should be a good few games in any event.

I don't know if I'll be able to view any games by the time of event, but we've had some big results in recent years with Spain and Italy for example, so can hold our own on the biggest stage.

Germany are a better all-round team than Spain right now, and should start as european favorites, but think the actual winner will come from South America - no european team has ever won the World Cup 'on the wrong side of the atlantic'

Would normally be rooting for Spurs tonight as an English team in Europe, but I can't stand Sherwood. So full of himself. Tactically inept as well, he got lucky with a few results early on and thought he was the dog's bollocks. Just picks as many attacking players as possible and then hopes for the best.

Yeah, for some reason, fans in US and Canada actually prefer 'FC' to 'SC'. I think they see it as more credible/authentic.

For the lack of attention it gets here, I'm fairly impressed with their 'set up', they have MLS, NASL and USL pro - three divisions of professional football spanning two nations. Although apparently the lower leagues make most of the money from charging kids to play in their academy.

liverpool didn't outwit teams they just jammed it..can see it happenin to utd..hopefully not like and they'll get done 10-0 :D

I still want them to win actually, sent this to my mate :

I want Utd to win it, so long as Liverpool come 4th. Just so Utd steal that CL place and finish below us in 7th. That would be ideal!

Milan are out now but would prefer any club other than an english side to win this year. "It's good for england" is usually lost on someone who isn't english and got tangible animosity for fucking chelsea and no great fan of Manchester United either.

Would favor Real Madrid as overall winners this year, although Munich could well go all the way - there's little chance that United will see them off over two games.

Manchester United want to overtake Liverpool's five european cup 'wins' as much as the latter want to win another league championship (since 1990) but under Moyes, what goddamn chance have they got ?