IGNORED

Phil Neville

strange explanation Pete. Heits has had a crap season and doesn't play as much. Jags or Gibson for me.

Misused imo. Play to his strengths and he's our best defender, Distin and Jags have barely kept a clean sheet but everyone jumps on Heitinga's back. Scapegoat like Yobo. A new manager that utilises Heit's distribution would be the key to improving his form. Too often we invite pressure thanks to the hoof brothers.

Then he should come out and say so. It could give the team a lift.

absolutely.

Might be the wrong place to put this (Mark, shift it to the Moyes thread if you want), but has anyone else got the feeling hes making these calls because staying as hes not getting the media coverage of potential jobs he may have expected, possibly because noones queuing up to sign him up?

absolutely.

Might be the wrong place to put this (Mark, shift it to the Moyes thread if you want), but has anyone else got the feeling hes making these calls because staying as hes not getting the media coverage of potential jobs he may have expected, possibly because noones queuing up to sign him up?

Why would any club interested in signing Moyes make their intentions known to the media?

Moyes is contracted at Everton, and until he isn't, he strikes me as the type of guy who would respect the club, and not discuss the situation with the press, or anybody else.

Why would any club interested in signing Moyes make their intentions known to the media?

Moyes is contracted at Everton, and until he isn't, he strikes me as the type of guy who would respect the club, and not discuss the situation with the press, or anybody else.

it happens all the time, managers praise players theyre interested in, clubs make statements about managers. Mourihno to PSG/Chelski for example. Not saying its true but rumors sometimes arise from nothin, or misunderstandings or statements. But there's nothing about jobs for him. Zip. Not a sausage. Maybe it got him.

Didnt say it was Moyes coming out and saying anything, I agree with you, he's got too much respect for the club. Dont you think it's strange there's not a serious link between him and another club?

Jags is the best option as captain. Gibson is never gonna play enough games so whats the point? Ossie as number two but cant see many candidates outside that

it happens all the time, managers praise players theyre interested in, clubs make statements about managers. Mourihno to PSG/Chelski for example. Not saying its true but rumors sometimes arise from nothin, or misunderstandings or statements. But there's nothing about jobs for him. Zip. Not a sausage. Maybe it got him.

Didnt say it was Moyes coming out and saying anything, I agree with you, he's got too much respect for the club. Dont you think it's strange there's not a serious link between him and another club?

I don't think it's strange really, as not many clubs are without managers at this time of year. Schalke was a link I suppose, if you need one.

I'm not reading anything to do with the Daily Star, so went for the first link, and Jagielka would be a good choice with many people in unison. Baines also would be a sensible figure to takeover, but still not entirely enthusiastic about Gibson. Osman also, not entirely happen with that. Just don't think he quite fits the profile, so toss up between Baines and Jagielka for me.

I don't think it's strange really, as not many clubs are without managers at this time of year. Schalke was a link I suppose, if you need one.

I dont need a link, Im just saying that maybe he was expecting to see his name in the papers linked to loads of jobs. Schalke and Chelsea is all Ive seen. Very decent positions, but maybe not what he was expecting?

It could just as easily be the return to form. I was just putting another idea out there.

I dont need a link, Im just saying that maybe he was expecting to see his name in the papers linked to loads of jobs. Schalke and Chelsea is all Ive seen. Very decent positions, but maybe not what he was expecting?

It could just as easily be the return to form. I was just putting another idea out there.

He was at Anfield today. Hopefully nothing bit him. tongue.png

• 4 weeks later...