IGNORED

Phil Neville

It's obvious that Moyes favours having Neville in the starting eleven and I'm not sure how it can really be disputed!?

Even the fact that He has played so much with being piss poor for the most part shows that, You can't blame Him for playing if picked but Moyes is/has really turned Neville into a player most people cringe at seeing on the team sheet by persistently sticking with Him when we have other and better options.

He should not be anything other then emergency cover at RB.

Come on guys... we're being a bit harsh on one of our finest posters here. I think he's made some excellent and insightful posts of late. I for one am changing my perspectives towards Everton because of his fresh views and clearly extensive knowledge!

Come on guys... we're being a bit harsh on one of our finest posters here. I think he's made some excellent and insightful posts of late. I for one am changing my perspectives towards Everton because of his fresh views and clearly extensive knowledge!

I was purely giving a factual answer to the "ignore" question myself....hope that didn't give any impression that I was taking sidesunsure.png .

I keep well out of this thread if I can, I'm just here for tech supportlaugh.png .

You all know where I stand on this - no PL side can afford carrying any player no matter how good he used to be -

Phill Neville is way past his sell by date and he and Mr Moyes must take joint blame for refusing to acknowledge that - to the detriment of Everton -

but there are signs that it might be dawning on them that they can no longer pull the wool over the most fan's eyes -

Phill said he is prepared to drop down the leaugues to enable him to keep on playing -

he should rather retire gracefully and focus on managing before his judgement get tarnished

He's been a great servant to the club and has been the best captain I've seen here (bear in mind that is since 93'). He always gives it his all, even if his skills and fitness have dipped considerably of late.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future and think he will do well in the lower leagues if he goes down there. More realistically though I think he will concentrate on his coaching (which suits me as I want him back at Everton in some sort of training role).

Phil-Neville-Everton-Wolv-007.jpg

Thanks for everything Nev!

Sad fact of life for footballers, it happens to the very best, and whilst Neville can't put himself in that category, he can look back on his footballing career and say he did it right. When you see talent like Van Der Meyde retire without a whimper after neglecting his ability and ripping off the fans you need to pay the right level of respect to Neville.

No where near my favourite player (we all know this) - however I have a healthy respect for the lad, he will do well and deserves to do well in what he chooses next. Personally I hope he retires from football and gets into cricket - I feel he will find it tougher down the football leagues and I don't like seeing good ex pros being given the run around by yard dogs.

Jags for club captain next me thinks.

Very clearly not a role for him on this club anymore, so it's the right time for this. Seems like a really great guy and I wish him well.

Where could he be off to? He could MAYBE be a rotation option for a team on the low end of the spectrum like Wigan or something. Would he really play in Championship? Has a more reputable player ever done so (not counting crap like Edgar Davids coming out of retirement)?

Very clearly not a role for him on this club anymore, so it's the right time for this. Seems like a really great guy and I wish him well.

Where could he be off to? He could MAYBE be a rotation option for a team on the low end of the spectrum like Wigan or something. Would he really play in Championship? Has a more reputable player ever done so (not counting crap like Edgar Davids coming out of retirement)?

Teddy Sheringham went to the lower leagues with Colchester for a season. It's not that bizarre.

When everybody is fit Neville hasnt been a starter for the last 2 seasons

you have lost it mate finally after about 4 seasons of me moaning every week about him starting ive finally got what i wanted and thats him no where near the playing squad he said the right things to people and the media and was a good person in the dressing room like they all say but big occasions he poo's himself and then in the poor games could never make a 10 yard pass against the likes of norwich, im only 21 but he is the worst technical player we have had since i started watching, how he played for england is beyond joke, anyway feel bad now after all the insults but he wasnt good enough at the end of the day imo fair play to helping as much as he possibly could around the club but he wont be missed by me. best of luck.

Edited by Blue4Ever

you have lost it mate finally after about 4 seasons of me moaning every week about him starting ive finally got what i wanted and thats him no where near the playing squad he said the right things to people and the media and was a good person in the dressing room like they all say but big occasions he poo's himself and then in the poor games could never make a 10 yard pass against the likes of norwich, im only 21 but he is the worst technical player we have had since i started watching, how he played for england is beyond joke, anyway feel bad now after all the insults but he wasnt good enough at the end of the day imo fair play to helping as much as he possibly could around the club but he wont be missed by me. best of luck.

How have I lost it?

Coleman and Hibbert are ahead of him in the pecking order at RB and Osman / Gibson are the first choice at CM

Abaolutely fantastic captain, player and person. I hope he focuses on his coaching now. Maximum thanks for what hes done for Everton in the past 8 season. You will be missed Nevs - but it was definetly time to go.

As for the next captain I really dont want it to be Jags, but there is nobody else to pick.

How have I lost it?

Coleman and Hibbert are ahead of him in the pecking order at RB and Osman / Gibson are the first choice at CM

Think it all depends on the opposition tbh, he certainly hasn't been a bench player for the last 2 seasons, and Coleman has only just got the RB position this season remember.

As for the next captain I really dont want it to be Jags, but there is nobody else to pick.

Why? He's been with us for 6 years and he's contracted till 2017. We need a stable captain (i.e. - someone who will be here for the future) and I can see Phil being just that. I think he's good enough for Everton but just not good enough for the Top 4 which makes me believe he will honor his contract. I'd have his as captain in a heartbeat.

What's wrong with Baines or Osman as choices?

Whats wrong with Jagielka?

I would actually class those two as candidates too though. I'd be inclined to give it to Baines to try and stop him from moving to clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea but I don't know whether he has it in him to be a skipper. He's a brilliant footballer and there is no question about that but I'm unsure if he's a born leader.

Osman is a good choice but with age he might go to same way as Phil and end up being shite, Phil seems the safest option to me.

Whats wrong with Jagielka?

I would actually class those two as candidates too though. I'd be inclined to give it to Baines to try and stop him from moving to clubs like Manchester United and Chelsea but I don't know whether he has it in him to be a skipper. He's a brilliant footballer and there is no question about that but I'm unsure if he's a born leader.

Osman is a good choice but with age he might go to same way as Phil and end up being shite, Phil seems the safest option to me.

Nothing, I like Jags and he'd be a fine pick. But someone else said there was nobody else. Baines maybe isn't very vocal but he's a veteran who has been with the team for a long time and certainly takes on a leadership role on the field. Osman is Osman, though he's getting up there in age.