IGNORED

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur Match History 1897-2012

THFC6061

Got out of jail there. Must do better, but hey 3 points.

Why does fellaini end up out wide so often? Infuriating. Barkley must be missing something if Naismith is a better option.

A couple of years or a manager that plays youngsters.

Honestly though, I think Naismith should be ahead of Barkley but I cant see how DM has him ahead of Oviedo.

From Spurs fan: Congrats Evertonians. Never say die spirit.

We have conceded last minute goals all season. Why we will not finish 4th.

Good luck to you for rest of the season. Finish above Liverpool again please

Top drawer mate thanks, we needed that though

Don't understand all of the negativity in this thread. Granted, it's been a not so good streak of results for us and it looked like a home loss was coming, but with the way some people were describing it you'd think Tottenham was running circles around us. Gallas got somewhat lucky with the non-call on the potential PK and Dempsey got a fluke deflection to score. By no means did we play great today and we certainly need to improve if we have any aspirations of Champions league but I think that was a somewhat respectable performance against a team like Tottenham.

I think either Barkley, Oviedo or Gueye should be given a chance because Naismith doesnt really add anything, especially in a game we need to win.

Agree to an extent but Oviedo was dire when he came on on the right the other week and Gueye's about as effective as Naismith (but without the occasional goal). Love to see Barkley given a run out or maybe put Pienaar on the right and Oviedo on the left.

So fucking over the moon right now. Nothing like two injury time goals to win a game that was deservedly ours from midway through the first half.

Few little thoughts after watching:

We really miss Mirallas when he's not on the pitch. Although that was pretty darn obvious anyway.

Naismith offers nothing. Maybe he'd be better playing behind the striker, but what he's shown us playing on the wing, absolute rubbish and Oviedo should be ahead of him every day of the week.

I thought we dominated the majority of the game, but just couldn't put it in the net because once we get in around the penalty area, it just seems to be give it to Baines to loop it in for a Jelly/Felli header. Kind of gets stale, Pienaar's goal should very well have been saved IMO, although full credit to him, and Jela's opportunity was very lucky. I suppose it's the kind of opportunity he feeds on, but there's gotta be something more to offer than lumping it in. The first half saw Pienaar and Osman trying to thread through Jelavic behind Spurs defence, but there didn't seem to be much creativity in that respect in the second half.

Coleman had a blinder. After his recent showings I felt a bit more comfortable with Hibbert at RB but Coleman definately holds the future there and his partnership with MIrallas is only going to get better.

Back in the top 4! Wooop wooop. Perhaps a little bit of that luck we've all been crying out for reared its head today.

Agree to an extent but Oviedo was dire when he came on on the right the other week and Gueye's about as effective as Naismith (but without the occasional goal). Love to see Barkley given a run out or maybe put Pienaar on the right and Oviedo on the left.

He wasnt that bad Mike. He wasnt as good on the right but his pace and directness would have caused more trouble than Naismith did.

Gueye may not be a world beater either but he is bwtter on the right where he can cut inside on his left and he does at least do something in the match. It might only be 20mins worth of decent work but thats more than Naismith.

Barkley isnt a natural winger but with him cutting inside on his left as well, Coleman would be left with lots of space to run into. Again I am pretty confident he could offer more than Naismith.

Ideally I would go with Barkley or Gueye in games we want to win, Oviedo where we want to counter or defend and Naismith when we need some experience and solidarity.

What the fuck happened there, they were leading with minutes to go !

Only got in late, but what a comeback, although it appears we made hard work of it again. And back into the Champions League places of all things. Genuinely pleased right now about this. Wouldn't have enjoyed a defeat against this opposition.

That was almost like Bayern Munich and United in '99 right at the end there, what a great reply although making everyone wait until the very end, and Goodison Park remains unbeaten etc.

Jelavic back to scoring which is a big relief and we get a standout win. Ok they may have not played to their best today but to win a game like that. Well done to all involved for the three points today.

Everton 2 Tottenham 1

I do like the look of that. A most excellent win, on paper at least.