IGNORED

Everton v Chelsea 30th Dec 13:30

Avinalaff

Just trying to help. I can give you a perfectly logical explenation for chelsea's win, in fact i already have, but you focus waaayyy too much on statistics and 'chances' which are all meaningless in Chelsea's case.

I started rooting for Everton this season cause I liked the community and the pretty way of playing football. I'd like to keep it that way.

You talk like you are the only guy who knows a bit about football. There are players and coaches on this forum, not to mention enthusiastic and knowledgable fans so we're kind of ok in that department. Condescending or niggling remarks won't win you many friends here, so try a bit harder to fit in, rather than stand out.

Chelsea won, and good luck to them.

Can't wait for abromovich to take his ball and go home, lets see Chelsea drop like a stone. Classless club, classless fans, classless players.

You say that like they have fans. Chelsea have more fans here in America than they actually do in England... They are a one-rich man club who will sink down the table starting the day Abramovich's money dries up.

Let's remember the absolutely brilliant prematch prediction Mirallas made. 4-0 to Chelsea... It was 2-1 and we outplayed them. Nowhere close to a 4-0 battering.

Its exactly that kind of shite that im on about. I think its ok that he is on here. Following Belgian players that he likes. Its also ok that he admits things like supporting Chelsea an Man City last year and Chelsea and Everton this year (because of Mirallas probably) but he dont half write a lot of shite to. Thats what pisses me off

Like Haf says I couldnt have been prouder of that performance. We may not have won, but on the balance of play we at least deserved a point. I wouldnt quite go as far to say we were the better team throughout as they had some good chances too, but me more than matched them with a depleted side and in the end, I think that is probably what won that game for Chelsea.

There were no bad performances throughout the team. Jags and Jelavic will both think they could have done better but they still played well throughout. Vic was brilliant all game and he looked as fit as I have seen him, Pienaar was very sharp and lively but he created as many chances as he pissed up the wall and he wasnt as good in the 2nd half.

All three of the subs that came on did really well I thought. Vellios looks a real player. His control and awareness were better than both Vic and Jelavic (and Torres!). He makes decent runs and offers himself for a pass. I think he needs more game time.

Oviedo was closed down quite a lot early on but his class showed through towards the end. He seems to have a great never say die type attitude which I really like to see.

Barkley seems to have come in for some stick but I thought he was very good as well. Showed his strength on a couple of occasions, made a couple of important challenges and looked like he wanted to make something happen without it quite paying off. Yes he lost the ball, that led to the opportunity for Torres BUT he was 30 yards from their goal, didnt have anywhere to go when he rec'd the ball and he actually wanted to try something that could have led to a chance. If we were winning at the time, I could understand the comments but fuck me, we were losing, needed a spark and he tried to play himself out of the alley he was passed into. I dont quite know what some people expect from the lad. He looked very solid to me and I wouldnt worry about putting him in against Newcastle, or either of the other lads.

Also credit to Moyes too. I saw the teamsheet and thought it would be the same 4-4-2 as last week, but he adapted it to a 4-5-1 which worked. He also made the right subs with the options he had available. It didnt quite work this time, but it will do in the future.

My motm was between Baines and Distin. The back four were brilliant as a whole (nice to see Heits back) and I will probably go for Distin overall.

Watched the game and have to say that with a patched up side we played very well. The loss is very frustrating as I though we should have won the game with the chances we had, but the footballing gods were not with us.

Jelly is clearly short of form, but like all good players he will play his way back into form, the team just has to carry him till then.

Harsh to judge Barkley on playing in CM when comming on in the last 15 mins, the game was a million miles an hour and it takes time to get up to speed. Thought he looked okay appart from being caught in posession once.

What cheers me up is what we would have done to them if we had Coleman and Miralles on the right flank as well as Baines and Pienaar on the left. Gibson and Fellani in midfield would have absolutly destroyed them. We will have all those players back soon (ish) please god and then we can really kick on.

We have taken 6 points from 9 over christmas, not a bad return and I believe we will get something from Newcastle, I backing Jelly to score a couple and bring in the new year with 3 points for us.

COYB!!

Newcastle could lose Ba to Chelsea before Wednesday. That'd leave them short of a lot of attacking options. Maybe we can get 3 at St. James' Park?

We could get 3 even with Ba on their side. In fact I almost expect a win. Look at the way we played today. A bit of luck with the finishing and we could thrash them

We could get 3 even with Ba on their side. In fact I almost expect a win. Look at the way we played today. A bit of luck with the finishing and we could thrash them

They were awful at the back but still created a few chances (obviously as they scored 3!). If we play like we did today then they wont stand a chance.

Gutted. We were much better than the plastics and deserved to come away with at least a point. Once again we fail to capitalise on our good play and on our chances, but today it was more down to luck and the opposition goalkeeper than to poor finishing. Really proud after that, outplaying their multi million squad with our second string.

Need to win at Newcastle to keep up our challenge for 4th place. Have to say I'd be disappointed with less than 3 points with the way both teams are playing at the moment.

Just going to keep it short and say we got beat today by a club I fail to recognize and the unbeaten home record has finally gone, just before the end of year and taken by some those nasty snide cunts. Yes we didn't deserve that, even with players out like Fellaini and Coleman and Mirallas etc we played very well for the most part and got fucked over in the end by a side who hardly deserved the victory and Jelavic missed a very good chance at the end too of all things. Just felt frustration, anger and disappointment today, it was all those things.

We could have won today, but still did well against a club side that were 'european champions' this year, and on another day we could have got such a better outcome, but it just wasn't to be. Well done to all involved today even though we didn't quite get the result we deserved. We have done so well in recent games and beaten some good sides, and today that could have continued, but it's no good crying over spilt milk.

Probably some plastic cunt supporters sitting in their bars around Sloane Square or Kensington right now, well pleased with today, but be aware, you got a result you didn't deserve and once that Russian owner departs, you'll simply go back to how you were about 12 years ago. And as for this season, all you'll most likely win is the Mickey Mouse cup, so go and blow that out your ass.

But we ourselves have reason for optimism as today demonstrated, and we can take todays positives into subsequent games and try to maintain that European Cup challenge, but that was damn painful to take today.

Just going to keep it short and say we got beat today by a club I fail to recognize and the unbeaten home record has finally gone, just before the end of year and taken by some those nasty snide cunts. Yes we didn't deserve that, even with players out like Fellaini and Coleman and Mirallas etc we played very well for the most part and got fucked over in the end by a side who hardly deserved the victory and Jelavic missed a very good chance at the end too of all things. Just felt frustration, anger and disappointment today, it was all those things.

We could have won today, but still did well against a club side that were 'european champions' this year, and on another day we could have got such a better outcome, but it just wasn't to be. Well done to all involved today even though we didn't quite get the result we deserved. We have done so well in recent games and beaten some good sides, and today that could have continued, but it's no good crying over spilt milk.

Probably some plastic cunt supporters sitting in their bars around Sloane Square or Kensington right now, well pleased with today, but be aware, you got a result you didn't deserve and once that Russian owner departs, you'll simply go back to how you were about 12 years ago. And as for this season, all you'll most likely win is the Mickey Mouse cup, so go and blow that out your ass.

But we ourselves have reason for optimism as today demonstrated, and we can take todays positives into subsequent games and try to maintain that European Cup challenge, but that was damn painful to take today.

Not happy with today, but can't see how Chelsea are 'nasty snide cunts!'........we lost.They will know they were lucky, some times lucks with sometimes not.

A for their 'Russian owner' departing, that wont be any time soon, so don't hold you breath.We are quite capabale of beating them, Russian or no Russian!

We can play better than today, we have some excellent players to come back in, Anichebes looking the part and Vellios is a prospect.....we have a really good manager and a fantasic fan base, sure we lost today......move on.

Edited by Blue 250

I don't like their players, Terry, what a snide player, and I don't like Cole, or Torres, or even that much of a fan of Lampard - today was no different. And many more of their players they have. All said, just a nasty little club, that thinks it's all big and great and successful, all because of a handful of trophies the last 10 or 12 years and the injection of some great money by a Billionaire, whereas before they were a nothing club for the most part.

Yes, we can beat them, have beat them, for all the money they have, they are beatable enough times, but I merely want them to go back to the side of a decade ago and struggle again or find it a lot more difficult to win things before that Russian individual came along. I really don't like them much, and that feeling has manifested over recent years.

Yes I am prepared to move on from today. We lost, and didnt' deserve it, but fuck that, what can you do.

For all the money they have, when it comes to pride and tradition, they're not even half the club that Everton are. Come back when you win nine league championships without great cash injections but merely very good players, acquired for next to nothing. Fuck the plastics and their joke club, that's the end of the issue.

When i saw the team today i thought it would be a hard slog and even more so when i saw the bench.(there cant be much worse at the minute in the prem) But i thought we were outstanding today. The pitch and conditions probably helped but our work rate and endevour were a credit to ourselves. I agree if we had a full eleven we would have won convicingly and that shows how good we can be. I thought Distin,Peanuts,Baines and Ossie were the standouts, we really need a striker with real pace though.

Gutted we didn't get the win but that was one of the best 90 minutes of my life. Such a great atmosphere. Completely outplayed them and I think if we had felli, mirallas, Gibson and Coleman we would have got a few more goals.

Pienaar was an absolute boss. Him and Baines are unplayable when they're on their game and its crucial that moyes holds onto Baines in the transfer window. If he sells him to that old fart Fergie we'll be shot for any direction in attack.

Vic had a great game, as did Vellios, and boy is Jelavic unlucky. Poor bastard deserved at least one today, was a brilliant free kick, a brilliant header and a brilliant run for that saved one. He would have had 3 had this game been at the start of the year.

On Barkley, I think he's more than ready to start playing. Before he lost that ball he was making a mockery of some of those Chelsea tackle attempts, and I honestly thought he was going to make the difference. Heard a bloke behind me saying he's off the pace because he's been playing Sheffield and hes in too deep at the moment. Fuck that. He's only going to get better with confidence and experience, and coming on at CM one goal down with fifteen minutes to go is a tough ask, particularly against Chelsea.

Personally I think moyes should start him next week. Show some faith in him and I'm sure he'll deliver. If Sterling and Wilshere can cope with the Prem, Barkley can too.

Edited by Pearso

They're the Champions of Europe, and now have a top manager in charge (I hate to say it) and we matched them whilst having Gibson, Hibbert, Coleman, Mirallas, Fellaini missing, and our center back covering Right Back.

I thought a draw was a fair result overall, but these teams have the knack of stealing 3 points, which is something we need to learn.

I don't like their players, Terry, what a snide player, and I don't like Cole, or Torres, or even that much of a fan of Lampard - today was no different.

Lampard is and always will be class. A great player at the right place at the right time. Reminds me of a midfield version of Linekar. He was there, he scored two.