IGNORED

Joey Barton

Not that I will make a difference but I just dont want a player that comes out with a bunch of crap about other players, running his mouth of constantly.

Attitude stinks but he really is quite good as a player. Its a shame, he is taking his talent and throwing it away for some cheap digs at others.

The assault - can i just remind everyone?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sportvideos/1882861/CCTV-footage-of-Newcastle-player-Joey-Barton-beating-up-teenager-in-Liverpool-city-centre.html

Player wise - can be as good as CM anybody on his day . And going back years ago, I would have given him the benefit of the doubt to see him at the club, but not anymore.

His general attitude is discraceful. Not just once or twice, but season after season, incident after incident. He is a thug and he should come nowhere near the club. Martinez has spoke about bring the right charaters to the club, Barton definately does not fit the bill.

If they brought him in (and a really hope not) - I would hope they had a immediate boot out clause the minutue if stepped out of line. 95% of the time he would be great, but the other 5% he can be that bad its just not worth having him drag our good name in to the gutter.

I think this rumour is true, last night he tweeted Mcaleny - congratulating him on his perfromance (I found it a little strange)

Pity really, good player in there. Unfortunately I can't see him controlling himself in a way that would enable us to keep hold of him or prevent him from causing a dispruption in the squad.

Got to be fair, we were calling Liverpool for allsorts for sticking by Suarez., so why would we go down that route? I just feel that although he now makes a big effort to keep the tiger in the cage, he just can't control himself when provoked.

I think in all seriousness he should return to QPR and try and repay them for his stupidity that cost them a key player.

:guns:

Get the fuck in. I've wanted Barton here for years. He's a bit of a tit but his passion for the game is second to none. He's prepared to halve his wages so he would play for the shirt and has Europa League experiance with Marseille.

Please come off.

You wanted a badminton player banned for life (or prosecuted) for hitting someone and yet you want Barton at Everton :dont know:?

Barton shows passion, sometimes it gets the better of him but there is no question that he puts in 100%. I'd have him all day.

Passion is one thing, assault is another. I'm not prepared for us to go from being a popular well respected club to being one that is a half way house for a unpredicatble footballer who is offering his services "cheaply" at £35k a week?!

His talent is not in question, his temperament is. We aren't so skint or lacking in quality that we need to take him for his quality versus the reputational risk we would suffer if he has a blow out.

Barton shows passion, sometimes it gets the better of him but there is no question that he puts in 100%. I'd have him all day.

Passion? would say that was more anger not passion, speaking from experience id say he has some kind of personality disorder going on in there, and i really don't want him anywhere near here.

You will have to google translate yourself. Dont know if you have seen it already but 70 000 answered the question - who would you most like to punch in the face?

Joey Barton won, hands down

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/england/article17218708.ab

Joey Barton - 32%

John Terry - 29%

Rooney - 22%

Suarez - 17%

If we were to sign him, something I don't want to happen, there would need to be some very public clauses in his contract. The decision to sign him must come from not only the management but it must be put to the players too. We're built on togetherness and team spirit, if anyone at the club who will have to work with him opposes this then they should be listened to.