IGNORED

Joey Barton

Please just stick to France and twitter Mr Barton- In the long run I feel you will bring more bad than good to the Everton badge

I was just thinking that Joey and the new badge are made for each other. Cheap, nasty and uncultured. Also neither are likely to be with us for the 2014/15 season...

Still if he comes here, surely it means that Felli is off... Maybe if Barton loves the club so much he'll knuckle down and give his best...

I'm with you JQ. Bit far calling everyone twats like but he's an Evertonian and would give 100% every week. On low wages and a free why would anyone say no? He's had his problems but if he could keep a lid on it he would be a brilliant player. I actually wouldn't mind him being a loose cannon with other teams, we need a player the opposition are afraid of.

With him and Fellaini's elbows/forehead, nobody will show up at Goodison!

:rofl:

Will never happen. The guy is unstable. In every game, opposition fans and players will taint him into a rage, and then he'll lose it. Remember Martinez' comment about only bringing in people who fit in the clubhouse. Character counts. Surely we'd want Everton in the news echo week because we play well, not because some idiot made a fool of himself and a mockery of the club.

Cheap wages, free transfer, we could use another half decent (which I think he is a top player) central midfielder.

Fair enough I agree I think hes a bit of a C***! However, he wants to play for the passion of his team now, lets give him a season and see how he gets on!

i agree with this, whilst he is not cheap he is on par with most of the midfielders we have been linked with both salary and ability wise just less the fee. if we take him i would be with clauses around behaviour etc as people would be out to goad him and try and bring the old joey barton out, and as much as he mellowed out we are all human !

Guest blueboy122

Anybody remember this?

The blokes a scumbag and I couldn't care less if he was better than Messi.

We have had some true footballing gents who have played for this club Labone, Ball, recently Hickson no way should we allow a player like Barton to play for this club. Doesn't deserve to be a footballer. He's a disgrace and a worthless human being.

35K isn't cheap to be fair. He'd still be one of our highest earners regarding the squad.

He should have a clause that he plays for free, and gets paid only if he remains incident free, with an option to part company at our discretion.

Agree, if his did come these are the sort of clauses the club should insist on. Massive fines for any indiscresions and ripping up of any contract if he bring the club in to disrepute. If he really wants to play for us and means to cleans up his act he shouldn't have a problem signing with such causes in a contract. He's earnt them!!!

Fingers cross he doesn't come though. It wouldn't do Martinez any favours bring him to the club following his comment on the 'right characters' coming in.

I think going off Barton's agent that the conversation he has had with Roberto is that they "like" him as footballer. They may have just been polite in saying that to McKay rather than saying he is a piece of shit as a professional and a human being. My opinion is that I think as Blues we get a bit misty eyed when one of our own decrees the love for the club as we put ourselves in that position and let our hearts do the thinking and think yeah give him a go.

I think you can break the Barton dilemma in two parts.

1. Player - Average. Decent engine fair enough but he hasn't got good pace, his passing is again decent. Doesn't score many goals and frankly doesn't do anything outstanding.

2. Person - Im not going to get into the stuff that has already been put on this thread but the thing that annoys me about him is that he seems to think he is some sort of intellectual now. If that was the case and he has stated he wants a quiet life etc when he was in France why keep yourself in the public domain with tweets that have nothing to do with him and thus contracting himself?

The lad has a highly inflated opinion of himself and it just doesn't add up.

To finish my biggest post ever ha ha I don't think Martinez will want to upset the dressing room or even risk what he has got as he will have a lot of experienced pros's that wont give Barton an inch and too many youngsters now ingrained in the squad that maybe be influenced by his petulance and wideboy manner

Biggest problem with him is how he treated the Man City QPR game that got him the suspension and ultimately shipped out for last season. QPR needed a result in that match. As Captain and one of the senior players he gets sent off, kicks someone and if i remember correctly he tried to stick the head in on Kompany. QPR only stayed up by pure luck of other results that season.

Whatever else about him, that really says he is not someone who can be relied upon, and someone who is trouble for the club.

As a footballer i always thought he had a lot of talent, but if he cannot be relied on in the most important game of the season for your club, I have utterly no interest in him being here

Biggest problem with him is how he treated the Man City QPR game that got him the suspension and ultimately shipped out for last season. QPR needed a result in that match. As Captain and one of the senior players he gets sent off, kicks someone and if i remember correctly he tried to stick the head in on Kompany. QPR only stayed up by pure luck of other results that season.

Whatever else about him, that really says he is not someone who can be relied upon, and someone who is trouble for the club.

As a footballer i always thought he had a lot of talent, but if he cannot be relied on in the most important game of the season for your club, I have utterly no interest in him being here

I remember an interview Barton did talking about the sending off at City. He knew he was getting sent off anyway and tried to get Kompany to react to his headbutt so Kompany would get sent off aswell to minimise his actions. In one part you have to admire his gumption but against a proper pro like Kompany he just looked a second rate wannabe

I remember an interview Barton did talking about the sending off at City. He knew he was getting sent off anyway and tried to get Kompany to react to his headbutt so Kompany would get sent off aswell to minimise his actions. In one part you have to admire his gumption but against a proper pro like Kompany he just looked a second rate wannabe

Heard him say that alright and thought the same thing. But the only effect of it was that he had to miss a third of the next season. Not the way I would like to see an Everton player "Give his all" for the team

He was a disgrace doing what he did in that game.

I actually was in the same hotel as anton Ferdinand 2 days later in Barbados. He said he just couldn't believe what he'd done - he was playing to keep his own team up and said he was trying to cement another league medal for his brother, understandable really. I just tried to quiz him further about the terry incident! A few rums and all that. Nice bloke to be fair.