IGNORED

Takeover imminent! lol

I had never heard of UKIP, but after reading up they are way far right. I have heard on the news lately there is a lot of people wanting GB to leave the EU. Any thoughts? If I was English I would prob be Labour Party. Im in a union, and politically working class people are who I care most about. Not that any of this matters really, but i digress.

Huge amount of thoughts.....but possibly not the place to talk about them in much depthtongue.png (but I'm [broadly] with you).

I despise the right....and the further right they go the more I despise them.

I had never heard of UKIP, but after reading up they are way far right. I have heard on the news lately there is a lot of people wanting GB to leave the EU. Any thoughts? If I was English I would prob be Labour Party. Im in a union, and politically working class people are who I care most about. Not that any of this matters really, but i digress.

If the Lib Dems had a back bone I'd lean towards them, tbh I have an anarchist political view so who evers the most liberal. As it stands it is a two horse race with very little (policy wise) between the Labour and Tory parties. If I had to vote between them I'd lean towards Labour. I don't think as a scouser I could ever vote for the other lot. As it stands I don't bother because where I live it wouldn't make a difference.

Huge amount of thoughts.....but possibly not the place to talk about them in much depthtongue.png (but I'm [broadly] with you).

I despise the right....and the further right they go the more I despise them.

My views of you Mike have gone dramatically downhill!

I cant stand the left and the welfare state.

Not quite sure how this all ended up on this thread!?

Can the majority of this thread be moved to a 'Politics' thread?

Nah....because I agree with this...

To be honest I think a politics thread is a baaaaaaaad idea.

But no more politics in this thread pleaseshaking fist.png .

You wouldn't catch me going off topic like thatcool.png .

Yikes... They should've never sacked their Sean O'Driscoll in my opinion. McLeish is shite, but 4 managers in their tenure of one season is insane.

Sporting Lisbon have had 4 managers this year too...

It's a classic case of the owners not understanding football and not giving the manager room to breathe (even though I agree McLeish is shite as a manager). They should never have sacked O'Driscoll.

Adkins to replace him?

McLeish did win the League Cup with Birmingham City, so must have been doing something right. Ok the club got relegated next season, but if you remember they seemed safe for so long, only to go on a dive of poor results, and in the end, could have saved themselves on the final day of season, but it wasn't to be. Point is, I don't think he was that poor of a manager. Any name that can deliver a trophy, can't be all bad.

If he had been as good a manager as his playing capacity, really would have been something to see. Adkins does seem a decent bet also, after Saints removed him from the payroll

• 1 month later...

And people think Martin O'neill is a top manager... Lerner was incredibly supportive of him and when he wanted to see O'neill utilise some of the wastage he aquired Curtis Davies, Sidwell, Shorey, Reo Coker etc etc - MON threw his toys out the pram.

£120mm spent, £39mm recouped. Net spend £82mm in 4 years, mind boggling.

To have gotten Lerner at our club would have been a coup, when you consider that moyes had the likes of Cech, Essien, Moutinho, etc all scouted and available at Villa prices.

Pity Lerners approach was rebuffed - I would have fancied him to pick us over Villa and West Ham (the other of his 3 earmarked clubs).

And people think Martin O'neill is a top manager... Lerner was incredibly supportive of him and when he wanted to see O'neill utilise some of the wastage he aquired Curtis Davies, Sidwell, Shorey, Reo Coker etc etc - MON threw his toys out the pram.

£120mm spent, £39mm recouped. Net spend £82mm in 4 years, mind boggling.

To have gotten Lerner at our club would have been a coup, when you consider that moyes had the likes of Cech, Essien, Moutinho, etc all scouted and available at Villa prices.

Pity Lerners approach was rebuffed - I would have fancied him to pick us over Villa and West Ham (the other of his 3 earmarked clubs).

Can't see how we'd be a much worse investment compared with Villa either. That club is losing a large amount of money still after drastically reducing wages. Their turnover is not that great, and it's not like Villa Park is one of these new, modern stadiums like Etihad or Emirates or Stadium of Light. Oh well.

*Edit*

Villa turnover (revenue) for 2010/2011- 92m pounds, wage bill of 83m (i'm sure it's been reduced since)

Everton- 82m turnover, 58m wages.

Edited by Quinn31

Can't see how we'd be a much worse investment compared with Villa either. That club is losing a large amount of money still after drastically reducing wages. Their turnover is not that great, and it's not like Villa Park is one of these new, modern stadiums like Etihad or Emirates or Stadium of Light. Oh well.

*Edit*

Villa turnover (revenue) for 2010/2011- 92m pounds, wage bill of 83m (i'm sure it's been reduced since)

Everton- 82m turnover, 58m wages.

If Lerner had an astute manager rather than an egotistcal know it all like O'Neill I dare say they would be regular top 4 candidates even now. Lerner did alot of great work with Villa besides the investing in the playing side, Bodymoor heath training ground, stadium improvements, the holte pub, hospitality etc.

Its unfortunate for him that he fell like many for the bull that is MON, MON wanted to run the show and Lerner trusted him to do so. Maybe thats his only failing - but he backed him with hard cash.

I've never been kidded by MON's bottle swigging tracksuit manager, jumping up in the air when goals go in. He's a phoney, a manager who collected players for fun on massive contracts - ignored them. Sold the likes of Gary Cahill for £5m.

Moyes would have been the perfect manager for him and a 5 year plan, and therefore Lerner would have been the perfect chairman for us. He just needed that person he could trust.

If Lerner had an astute manager rather than an egotistcal know it all like O'Neill I dare say they would be regular top 4 candidates even now. Lerner did alot of great work with Villa besides the investing in the playing side, Bodymoor heath training ground, stadium improvements, the holte pub, hospitality etc.

Its unfortunate for him that he fell like many for the bull that is MON, MON wanted to run the show and Lerner trusted him to do so. Maybe thats his only failing - but he backed him with hard cash.

I've never been kidded by MON's bottle swigging tracksuit manager, jumping up in the air when goals go in. He's a phoney, a manager who collected players for fun on massive contracts - ignored them. Sold the likes of Gary Cahill for £5m.

Moyes would have been the perfect manager for him and a 5 year plan, and therefore Lerner would have been the perfect chairman for us. He just needed that person he could trust.

You don't need to be a Savile row type in order to be a good manager. Pulis is another, who hardly dresses to impress, but has done a good job at Stoke City even taking the Staffordshire club to an FA cup Final. Good managers are good managers wherever you find them, attire can be immaterial. And once again, some fail to remember the excellent job he did at Leicester 15 years ago. No big money, just assembled a good hardworking outfit that got results and did an outstanding job in a few years time. Maybe it didn't work out at another club, in that it reminds me of Lambert from Norwich to the same club, but what he did, in a short space of time, and with not much to work with, was very impressive. We can argue all night over it, but I would have liked to have seen him at Everton, if only out of curiosity. I simply recognize him as a decent team manager.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager because of his attire DK, I'm pointing out the persona he likes to adopt - the ex player "I'm with the boys" when in actual fact he has an extremely high opinion of himself drowning himself in criminology books as a frustrated wanna be barrister.

If he spent as much time thoroughly scouting his players and pay scales as he did traipsing the grounds that the likes of the ripper walked he may have become a better manager.

He is moyes like in the sense he can get the most out of joe averages. The problem is he spends mega money on joe averages. He collected a massive squad yet alienated those he decided he wasn't speaking to.

• 4 weeks later...

Kenwright opens talks with Bakhmatyuk this aint no april fools either...

Everton's long long search for new investment could finally be coming to an end.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright revealed last week that he had been approached by yet another newly interested party in buying Everton Football Club.

Everton have been for sale for numerous years now and some Evertonians have voiced their frustration at the lack of movement in selling the club.

Some have pointed towards what they perceive as an over inflated price tag, while others have pointed towards the money required in building the club a much needed new stadium.

But if the latest talks continue to progress in the manner that they have this week then neither issue will remain a concern for much longer.

The new investors have the backing, to match the BK's valuation of the club and to build a brand new state of the art 60,000 all-seater stadia in Stanley Park.

With Liverpool now looking to develop Anfield, their original proposals for a new stadium in the park are no longer required, enabling Everton to piggy back on those plans and rush through the required planning consent to get building under way as quickly as possible.

The consortium looking to takeover Everton are headed up by Ukrainian billionaire Oleg Bakhmatyuk. The 40-year-old father of three, has made his money in state oil and gas, but more recently became the Founder and Head Avangardco Investments, which was valued at an astonishing $1 billion in 2010.

The main aspect of his business is egg farming and with football recently seeing the Venky's, who have made their money from Chickens takeover at Blackburn Rovers, perhaps as Eric Cantona's recent advert suggests, farmers are the future and the real celebrities of a nation.

Perhaps Everton have finally found the Goose that lays the Golden Egg on this occasion?