IGNORED

Charlie Austin

Stones could have had his arse served to him on a plate and been ruined but he didn't, he thrived. I'm not saying it'd be the same with Galloway by any means, but sometimes you've got to take the risk and see if they sink or swim.

Stones had had a full season playing in the Championship, Galloway has played a quarter of a season in League 1

Stones had had a full season playing in the Championship, Galloway has played a quarter of a season in League 1

He played 24 times in total for Barnsley, so not a full season. But, anyway like I said, I'm not saying that it'd be the same or that he's even ready, I was just making the point that you don't know until you give them a go. I'm sure there would have been plenty of fans saying Stones wasn't big enough or strong enough to deal with PL strikers (he's still a bit of a runt) but he did and does (for the most part).

The way I see it is this - if in training he shows he can equip himself then for me he is good enough.

I was fortunate enough to watch Sale Sharks do a training session. Apart from the fact that you don't realise what absolute beasts they are close up - you can clearly see the difference between those who are first teamers and those who aren't.

For me it was as clear as day - in short, if Galloway is ready then they will know this from how he performs in training. Up against the likes of Mirallas, Barkley, Lukaku will give the manager insight as to whether he is ready for the first team introduction.

I would be interested to see him if we are in a position where our finishing status can't be affected. i.e 11th place and 5 points behind 10th with 1 game to play.

Edited by Hafnia

Stones is a glaring example that stature isn't the be all and end all of being a center half he's far from a brick shithouse

Rio Ferdinand probably one of the best center half's this league has had was and still is a streak of piss

Austin is a very good forward similar type of player to Kane in that old school mold just has slightly less to his game but if you can score goals for a side as poor as QPR with limited service it tells you something about the lad

Stones is a glaring example that stature isn't the be all and end all of being a center half he's far from a brick shithouse

Rio Ferdinand probably one of the best center half's this league has had was and still is a streak of piss

Austin is a very good forward similar type of player to Kane in that old school mold just has slightly less to his game but if you can score goals for a side as poor as QPR with limited service it tells you something about the lad

I'd agree with that, I just think he will cost more than he is worth now.

He played 24 times in total for Barnsley, so not a full season. But, anyway like I said, I'm not saying that it'd be the same or that he's even ready, I was just making the point that you don't know until you give them a go. I'm sure there would have been plenty of fans saying Stones wasn't big enough or strong enough to deal with PL strikers (he's still a bit of a runt) but he did and does (for the most part).

It's a whole level up to what Galloway played though and Stones sat on the fringe for a fair bit before we started playing him.

Anyway it's the Charlie Austin thread so I'm gonna shut up about Galloway and Stones :D

I'd agree with that, I just think he will cost more than he is worth now.

I'm surprised that you'd want Austin here tbh, Haf. Apart from goals he doesn't offer much at all - Zamora does all the donkey work while he just waits for something to drop to him. He's better at holding the ball up than Lukaku, but he's not going to be able to run with the ball or link up as well as Lukaku. He's a pretty meh player for me, and will definitely cost more than he's worth like you said.

I'm surprised that you'd want Austin here tbh, Haf. Apart from goals he doesn't offer much at all - Zamora does all the donkey work while he just waits for something to drop to him. He's better at holding the ball up than Lukaku, but he's not going to be able to run with the ball or link up as well as Lukaku. He's a pretty meh player for me, and will definitely cost more than he's worth like you said.

I would have anyone here who knows where the net is - but yes I do think he is a fair bit better linking up he's not as mobile as Rom.

At £10m which is what I think he would cost I would sooner look at the young belgian kid.

I'm not as big a fan of Ings as some are but I think he's a much better player than Austin.

I'm the same I don't dislike the lad as a player but I'm not sure why he's apparently drumming up so much interest from clubs such as Chelsea United Spurs etc nine goals in thirty odd games albeit for a shite side wouldn't fill me with confidence buying the lad

I'd rather take a much cheaper punt on the lad from Wolves who seems to have more about his game

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm the same I don't dislike the lad as a player but I'm not sure why he's apparently drumming up so much interest from clubs such as Chelsea United Spurs etc nine goals in thirty odd games albeit for a shite side wouldn't fill me with confidence buying the lad

I'd rather take a much cheaper punt on the lad from Wolves who seems to have more about his game

Do you mean Afobe? He joined them in January from Arsenal.

Do you mean Afobe? He joined them in January from Arsenal.

That's the one looks a good player surprised they let him go but kept hold of Sanogo who looks like a donkey

Saying that I didn't realise Ings will likely go on a tribunal fee so will very likely cost less than Afobe but he does look a lively and capable young player

Edited by EFC-Paul

For me, for a real uplift in our striker fortunes we need to be the club that signed Luis Suarez for 7.5 euros (Ajax) Edson Cavani for 12m euros (Napoli)

We need to be really creative in our scouting and seek someone from overseas who has real talent and hunger - granted they don't always work out, but when they do its a team changer. Its a bit

Thats why I would like us to be involved with that belgian kid the one that sounds like "Obladi Oblada"...

The Euro under 21's will be a good tournament to see,

For me, for a real uplift in our striker fortunes we need to be the club that signed Luis Suarez for 7.5 euros (Ajax) Edson Cavani for 12m euros (Napoli)

We need to be really creative in our scouting and seek someone from overseas who has real talent and hunger - granted they don't always work out, but when they do its a team changer. Its a bit

Thats why I would like us to be involved with that belgian kid the one that sounds like "Obladi Oblada"...

Agreed!

spot on. similar to us finding mirallas for 6m and turning him into a 10m-12m player. we need more of this.

I think you will find he will due to him being under 24 Burnley will be compensated via tribunal and handsomely so if he chooses to stay in the Prem

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1516306.ece

Charlie Austin is 25 and plays for QPR.

Saying that I didn't realise Austin will likely go on a tribunal fee

Austin will bring something to the squad which we do not have - a proper poacher -

If he can score that many for QPR imagine what he can do for us -

I would play him ahead of Naismith or Osman any day of the week -

We don't have enough regular goal scorers in our squad -especially with Lukaku blowing hot and cold -

I would take Austin any day for up to 12 mil -

he has scored more than our 28 mil striker this season after all !