IGNORED

Charlie Austin

There's a few of a similar standard, Gestede and Rhodes from Blackburn, McCormack from Fulham, and Deeley from Watford, all 20 goals a season men, Lukaku can only score ten in the prem, but can these lads do it in the premier ?.

I'd take any of them for less than £10m, but only as a 2nd striker. I would rather hope Martinez decides to go abroad for a top Striker and top Midfielder.

It's pretty obvious we need a "backup" who can keep Rom interested and actually step in if he's injured. Austin or Ings fit the bill for me providing we can get Austin for under £10m or convince Ings to sign for us - doubtful.

I don't see Matt providing any other options.... That's right because everyone within our budget is a risk.

It's pretty obvious we need a "backup" who can keep Rom interested and actually step in if he's injured. Austin or Ings fit the bill for me providing we can get Austin for under £10m or convince Ings to sign for us - doubtful.

I don't see Matt providing any other options.... That's right because everyone within our budget is a risk.

I have to provide alternatives? Thought that was for the scouts to do...

Edit: also, i mentioned in another thread, that if Newcastle go down we should go after Cisse, who would be similar money being touted for Austin

Edited by Matt

The problem with providing options is that we have no idea if players are available or willing to come. But I'll mention two possibilities:

• Pierre-Anton Gignac. His contract is running up.
  • Antony Martial.
Edited by Makis

<p>

The problem with providing options is that we have no idea if players are available or willing to come. But I'll mention two possibilities:

• Pierre-Anton Gignac. His contract is running up.
  • Antony Martial.
Gignac is waiting for a pay day, can't see that happening.

I have to provide alternatives? Thought that was for the scouts to do...

Edit: also, i mentioned in another thread, that if Newcastle go down we should go after Cisse, who would be similar money being touted for Austin

Cisse is a horrible dirty cheating, spitting, diving, elbowing twat. I wouldn't have that crab anywhere near our club.

Disgusting individual.

• 2 months later...

He's really not that good. People complain about Lukaku being "just" a goalscorer, and Austin is even less useful to all round play and is a lot older. For that money it just doesn't make any sense to get him in.

I'd agree with that - he would be a decent off the bench option but we really do need an "all round operator" up front. Hopefully Rom shows improvement on that front.

Some might laugh but Kone could be that all round operator if he manages to stay fit. He can play across the front, is quick and can shield the ball with his back to the goal much the way Lukaku can't. He's just not a very good finisher.

Some might laugh but Kone could be that all round operator if he manages to stay fit. He can play across the front, is quick and can shield the ball with his back to the goal much the way Lukaku can't. He's just not a very good finisher.

Quot+several+bikers+farted+on+their+head

Or a very good passer.

Or header(er).

Or football player.

Last one's key.