IGNORED

Charlie Austin

You won't get a 26-year English striker who has scored over 10 goals in the Championship for that amount. The strikers available at that price you would emphatically label as shite.

If you read my post you'll see I said exactly the same thing. Just I wouldn't want to pay more than 5 million because he's still a risk and definitely not worth a £15m risk

I think it's important that the starved chicken is able to catch the grain thrown at it.

Even the blind chicken sometimes finds the corn

he did, 20 times last season despite the grain being kept locked up on the other side of the farm

Lovely. I look forward to watching another striker run around trying to get close to the ball while the midfield have the ball and don't know what to do with it.

so it's not just me then...

Austin is going to have exactly the same issues.

Edited by Matt

Difference is when he finds the corn he eats it up.

Lukaku found it a few times yesterday and turned his beak away from it.

I have watched many great goalscorers and the best ones made things happen.

Were QPR that good last season that all his goals were laid on a plate for him?

If so, why did they get relegated?

I understand the lack of service for Lukaku, but I also expect more. Some strikers need two or three chances to score a goal...and he got them yesterday.

The header he missed was one an average striker should put away...but it's also easy to miss them.

The miss control in the box was the type that you be having the piss taken out of you in the pub for an entire season if you played for a Sunday pub team.

I can tell you with a lot of confidence that I would have eaten up that header and that I would also have buried the other one.

Lukaku needs someone breathing down his neck who can come on and put a chance away. Did you see Kone's reaction to scoring? I thought he was going to cry. He looked so relived and happy. Roms problem is that when he scores he looks around as if to say "see".

Having Austin be able to come on and get the crowd going might just make him realise that his price means nothing to Everton fans and that performances mean everything.

Agreed it's pointless having any kind of forward bar a Crouch type if we just keep pumping high balls over the top

Lukaku can infuriate me no end at times but you can't play the way Martinez is and expect him to score goals

We need a creative player in and drop this two holding midfielder bollocks it doesn't shore up our back line it doesn't stop us being broken down to easily and it doesn't free anyone else up to fuck all else it's fucking pointless

It's my biggest gripe with Martinez and our game essentially playing a back six... Fucking six!!

Breath

Difference is when he finds the corn he eats it up.

Lukaku found it a few times yesterday and turned his beak away from it.

I have watched many great goalscorers and the best ones made things happen.

Were QPR that good last season that all his goals were laid on a plate for him?

If so, why did they get relegated?

I understand the lack of service for Lukaku, but I also expect more. Some strikers need two or three chances to score a goal...and he got them yesterday.

The header he missed was one an average striker should put away...but it's also easy to miss them.

The miss control in the box was the type that you be having the piss taken out of you in the pub for an entire season if you played for a Sunday pub team.

I can tell you with a lot of confidence that I would have eaten up that header and that I would also have buried the other one.

Lukaku needs someone breathing down his neck who can come on and put a chance away. Did you see Kone's reaction to scoring? I thought he was going to cry. He looked so relived and happy. Roms problem is that when he scores he looks around as if to say "see".

Having Austin be able to come on and get the crowd going might just make him realise that his price means nothing to Everton fans and that performances mean everything.

cant argue with any of that. Especially that header missed, I was fuming! I'm trying to justify it as he was surprised to see the ball coming to him and was in a state of shock. Same theory for Kones missed header.

Both headers should have been in, kone went for power.

If lukaku starts controlling the bloody thing I will be less worried. But I just don't think he's got it. Aligned with the fact that he just doesn't put himself about and its so annoying.

I was looking forwardto see him make strong intentions yesterday...

cant argue with any of that. Especially that header missed, I was fuming! I'm trying to justify it as he was surprised to see the ball coming to him and was in a state of shock. Same theory for Kones missed header.

I actually thought the Lukaku one was just a little bit too far in front of him and he was stretching for it and that's why he missed the target, but I only saw it in real time so I'll bow down to you lot!

I actually thought the Lukaku one was just a little bit too far in front of him and he was stretching for it and that's why he missed the target, but I only saw it in real time so I'll bow down to you lot!

he should've buried it. I'm grasping at straws trying to excuse it....