IGNORED

Charlie Austin

Maybe I'm naive but is there a reason we don't want both Kone and Austin pushing Lukaku for form? Austin is clearly capable and with quality service from our fullbacks and hopefully improved service from our midfield (and maybe even a second striker as demonstrated in the Watford match with Lukaku and Kone providing assists), will score goals. Again, maybe it's naivety but we have to have money having spent as little as we have and I'm all for splashing 15 million on a guy who's proven he can score goals better than anyone on our squad can. That leaves at least 10 million left over for a CB and a #10, who will no longer be the quality of a Shaqiri but can at least be serviceable, no?

Austin is pretty much at the peak of his powers at 26, and has scored over 200 career goals already so is a natural goal scorer, he's more of a penalty box predator than lukaku who prefers to run at players so it could work playing both of them.

It will probably mean a change of system and could negate the need for the number 10, as long as we can keep the wingers fit and healthy to provide service.

The transfer fee of £15m will be the issue as it's going to be invested in what he can do for the club it's unlikely they'll get the money back if they sell him on in 2-3 years.

problem with Austin

Is he's got dodgy knees so to me at 15m he's a big gamble.

I can't find anything online about Austin missing any amount of time with knee injuries. Is this a known thing? He had a hamstring injury and a bruised foot that kept him out of a few matches but that's all I see.

I can't find anything online about Austin missing any amount of time with knee injuries. Is this a known thing? He had a hamstring injury and a bruised foot that kept him out of a few matches but that's all I see.

Yup he's played around 200 league games in the last six seasons so doesn't appear to be any great issue on his fitness levels.

I know I'll do time in the vault, but... if Kone is going to play here and there I'd rather spend the lions share of whatever pis pot we have on the no. 10. Bring in some basic cover for striker. Between Kone, Kev, Naisy and McAleny I think we should have enough cover baring season ending injury to Rom. Maybe Seydou Doumbia?

Guest rusty747

Austin may join and prove me wrong but to me, he is not an Everton type of player. I think I would rather rotate Nais and Kone with Rom up front (Mcaleny for cup games) and blow what cash we have on the No. 10 and a cb who could go straight into the first team.

I've been told he's one bad tackle away from a wrecked knee - apparently it's a known thing (I hadn't heard it before tbh)

Shame, cos he would be a decent fit for our squad.

I've been told he's one bad tackle away from a wrecked knee - apparently it's a known thing (I hadn't heard it before tbh)

Shame, cos he would be a decent fit for our squad.

Every player is one bad tackle away from a wrecked knee. Ask Anichebe, hes a lucky one.