Southampton (H)...Nikica Jelavic

Leeds (A)...Victor Anichebe

Swansea (A)...Victor Anichebe

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Leyton Orient (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Timmy kept us in the game with a bunch of saves when everyone else was asleep in the first half. So it's him. Fellaini had a solid game and Anichebe and Mirallas changed the dynamic when they came on. Also thought Naismith was pretty good at times as well. Everyone else left much to be desired.

1. Tim Howard - Gave away the ball many many times and I'm really starting to get aggrivated with him this season. Looks like we may need someone to replace him sooner rather than later.
  2. Seamus Coleman - Practically inexsistant before he came off.

3. Phil Jagielka - Didnt really stand out

4. Sylvain Distin - Same detail - and why are the full backs coming forward and passing so much? The pair cant pick a pass for their life.

5. Leighton Baines - Didnt pose a threat going forward one bit.

6. Phil Neville - Shite.

7. Leon Osman - Shite.

8. Steven Naismith - Isn't a premier league player by any means what-so-ever and if I see him start the next game, or feature in it in any way shape or form, even if he is in the stands watching it, then im going to be majorly pissed off.

9. Marouane Fellaini - A lot of referees hate him because of his stregth and are convinced that players he "fouls" should lead to him being penalised.

10. Steven Pienaar - Shite.

11. Nikica Jelavic - Sort your head out.

12. Victor Anichebe - Somebody tell me what Anichebe has to do to get a start over Jelavic? Had a few great touches and a good strike on goal, I've started to really like him these past two seasons.

13. Kevin Mirallas - Shouldn't have been brought on IMO, maybe Ovideo should have instead, its too soon for him.

Thought Mirallas was the best on the park when he came on. Vic worked hard as has become custom now.

Think it was actually Jelavic that cleared up first half with a goal line clearance and then hooking away after Howard block.

Think everyone else was pretty disappointing and ineffective.

Vic for me with Howard a close second.

Was Neville really that bad? Thought he was decent.

Osman, Pienaar and Jelavic really need to sort it out. We miss them badly right now,

Drop Jelavic next game, replace with Anichebe. Drop Naismith and replace with Oviedo. Have Mirallas behind Vic. Felli and Osman in the middle.

Could even play oviedo on left, Mirallas on right and Pienaar behind Vic.

I thought Felli just pipped it ahead of Vic and Howard, everybody else was absolutely Naismith

That made me laugh!

I agree with you though, Fellaini was the one who got things going and Vic did really well when he came on. Howard kept us in it during the first half but his distribution was poor.

Did I see the same game? To me Naismith and Peanuts ran their arses off trying to fill the spaces left by Osman who failed to turn up and Neville who did turn up but should have been left in the bus!

Fellaini was crap in the first half and marginally better in the second half (2 headers made the difference).

Howard again was not in any way in control of the 6-yard box and Distin & Jags were reasonably solid at the back but lacking in finesse (ie passes) going forward.

Jelly is a trier, but WTF is he out on the wing collecting balls when he's a poacher? Mirallas need not have bothered coming on for what he did.

Only Victor (god bless him) comes away with any plaudits. His runs off the ball and through balls in the penalty area were a breath of fresh air that came too late to save the game...he has to start next game. Neville should never pull on an Everton shirt again...moving him out of midfield was the best thing that could have happened.

Only City and Chelsea have fewer goals against, proving that the defence is working well, but we are out of the picture in attack. This has been an Everton problem for 10 / 12 years and must be addressed ASAP. Midfield are not providing enough good ball and the forwards have been predictable running the channels.

We have a history of taking proven goalscorers and turning them into workhorses......working for the team but not scoring goals.

We need to change....and quickly!

Gotta say i am no fan of Naismith, but he at least put effort in and had a decent attempt at goal. For a short guy he challenged for every header and even won a few. might not be the most gifted player on the park but he looked btter than 80% of our more gifted players last night.

Anichebe looked hunhgry when he came on and was a pain in the arse for them. MOM! keep it up Vic your proving everyone wrong this season.

Baines, to be honest a few have mentioned he posed no threat, but i saw it different. He put plenty of crosses in we just had no one busting a gut to get on the end of them. He spent a lot of time in the last third and just was paired up with an out of sorts Peanuts.

Seamus tried but didnt get the run of the ball.

The rest were dire. Centre halfs and Nev were so slow with thier release that everything was closed down, and when they did release it went long?

Bringing Mirallas on for Jelly? wouldnt it have been better to give Jelly some ammo and take Naismith off? a good manager does not just take the player that is playing the worst off, he uses a startegy. and bringing Mirallas on and having the centre halfs play long balls up to him just ....well i dont get it.

Alrighty lads, my first post.

I gave it to Howard for keeping us in the game first half although his kicking was very poor. An all round shoite performance really. Glad Mirallas is back we need some guile and trickery.

Jelavic is woefully out of sorts I'd give Vic a start. Naismith and Neville are atrocious and should be benched.

Edited by Blue Cheese