IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I'd be very wary of Lampard. 

He might be suited to more average squads but at Chelsea I thought he was tactically very average. You see Tuchel go in there and it was like chalk and cheese with the way they pressed, kept the ball and attacked. 

We are desperate for structure and Lampard's teams don't seem to have that. 

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

I wouldn’t mind giving either Rooney or Lampard a go.

Why not? Attack minded football…. Something we’ve lacked for a while. 

Not sure attack has been the problem when everyone has been fit. Defending and CM is what we've missed for an age.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Good move if it happens I think.

14 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

He commands a lot of respect and bleeds blue!!

I hope he has more qualifications than just having played for us in the past like.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he has more qualifications than just having played for us in the past like.

Done his badges and works for some training academy. If we were to have ex players around I’d rather it be someone like Tim who doesn’t mince his words. If we just keep hiring ex players though, not sure how positive that would be long term. 

18 hours ago, StevO said:

Done his badges and works for some training academy. If we were to have ex players around I’d rather it be someone like Tim who doesn’t mince his words. If we just keep hiring ex players though, not sure how positive that would be long term. 

I posted a while back something about him being a good potential manager after listening to him on Carragher's podcast.  Not only does he have a real passion for the club but from listening to him on there I could see how passionate he is about watching the game, understanding tactics and performances and always looking to improve.  If he had some managerial experience with some success behind him I'd be all for him.

On 17/01/2022 at 16:00, Romey 1878 said:

I actually think Cahill has - I follow him on social media and he’s clearly been working through his badges and involved in football (in the Middle East I think). Seems a clever, straight forward bloke and very likeable. A character I’d welcome here.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just accidentally clicked on my profile and it lists my favourite player as Baines.

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to think about who their favourite player is out of this current bunch? 

I'm not sure I would be too sad to see any of these lot be sold on. 

That’s a good question favourite players are normally outstanding players from the past, the current crop have no one who will go down as outstanding imo, but if I had to choose it would be Coleman purely based on longevity and nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I just accidentally clicked on my profile and it lists my favourite player as Baines.

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to think about who their favourite player is out of this current bunch? 

Mine too. Baines is still my favourite out of all current club employees. 😂

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Richie for his work rate. Love a player with heart.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s a good question favourite players are normally outstanding players from the past, the current crop have no one who will go down as outstanding imo, but if I had to choose it would be Coleman purely based on longevity and nothing else. 

Yeh Coleman maybe but I feel like the last few seasons have soured my view on him a little. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Richie for his work rate. Love a player with heart.

He was the one I thought of and would be closest. I just couldnt get over how much of a sulky little bitch he could be at times 🤣