IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I've resigned myself to thinking we are going down, we haven't got the owners, the management, or the players to keep us up. And in some ways I feel a calmness and acceptance of our fate and future, I honestly can't carry on supporting anymore seasons like these anymore, I would rather take the drop and spend 2-3 seasons in the championship, and completely change the structure and team from top to bottom and come back in a better and stronger position, rather than spend years fighting relegation and the inevitable. 

Think this will be the year we go down unless something really drastic happens in the January window. It’s not just a bad run of form we are in complete free fall, we have now lost the last three on the trot against sides 17th, 18th and bottom of the league, not to mention the Caraboa Cup capitulation

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

The Championship is that competitive that if we do go down, we have to be prepared to not come back up for a good few years! 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

There is absolutely no chance we come straight back up. I don't even think we'd get into the play-offs.

Why would you want to come straight back up with the same shite that took you there, we would need 2-3 even 4 seasons to build better foundations and a better team so that we come back more consistently competitive, instead of this consistently uncompetitive shite we've been given the last few years. 

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Why would you want to come straight back up with the same shite that took you there, we would need 2-3 even 4 seasons to build better foundations and a better team so that we come back more consistently competitive, instead of this consistently uncompetitive shite we've been given the last few years. 

The board isn't going to change so nothing about the rottenness at the club is going to change.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Every team in the premier league seem to have that one player that gives 100%…… other than us.

Find that player and it will flood through the team. 

Does Allan Ball have a son?

Bit unfair. Never questioned whether Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko, Mina, Godfrey, Seamus, Iwobi, McNeil and Townsend have given everything. Most of the others it's a moment or two of laziness/lack of awareness. Quality is our problem not effort. While we haven't necessarily improved our results this year's squad is the most industrious in quite a few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Bit unfair. Never questioned whether Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko, Mina, Godfrey, Seamus, Iwobi, McNeil and Townsend have given everything. Most of the others it's a moment or two of laziness/lack of awareness. Quality is our problem not effort. While we haven't necessarily improved our results this year's squad is the most industrious in quite a few seasons. 

Maupay is complete garbage but he puts in more effort than Kean, Tosun, King etc. Dele was a passenger. Gomes couldn't run anymore. Gbamin was a traffic cone. Walcott was useless. Bernard tried his best but was significantly too small. 

I’ve said it so many times, but replacing Richarlison, Digne, Sigurdsson, DCL and Rodríguez with Gordon, Mykolenko, Iwobi, Maupay and Gray is removing so many goals and so much creativity from the team. We have been run so badly that we couldn’t replace these players with quality due to our financial restraints and becoming a not very attractive proposition to a player. 

We have very real, long term, problems. I don’t see how we get out of it other than throwing more money at the problem. 

We need a striker who can score at least 12 goals per season, we don’t have that. 
We need full backs who can be an attacking threat, we have it in Patterson but nothing on the other side. 
We need creativity in the middle of the pitch from a player who can pick up at least 7 or 8 assists per season. 
We need a player out wide who can get into double figures for goals, we don’t have it. 

Not many teams could deal with those losses and the replacements we have. I don’t know how we get out of it.

If we go down it must be the final nail in Bill’s time at the club, I know he’s not the owner anymore but he can’t carry it on after that.
Moshiri needs to find a buyer, and one that can strike a deal with the Premier League to let them spend money.

Sacking Frank might fix our results for a few weeks, that might be the difference between staying up or going down, but it won’t fix year after year of decline and decades of reduced standards. A new stadium won’t fix that either. Too many people are sticking around at the top of this club because they want to be remembered for leading the club to Bramley-Moore, at the clubs peril. 

14 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Not unfair. I’ve grown up watching players absolutely bust a gut for Everton. 
I honestly don’t watch any of those players and think, they are giving their absolute all. 
I think they are very professional and try every match. But I don’t see them dying for their team. 

My point was more to do with that 100 miles per hour player in any case. That player can seek to go non stop for the whole match, then jog home.

I see players in pretty much 90% of premier teams that are like that. But not us? 

Gana is about the closest we have, and he is 34 years old now.

Edit: could you please take Mina and McNeil from your post as well please. In no universe ever have those players have it their all. 
Mcneil doesn’t have a sprint on his locker, a brisk jog is about his best.

Mina, I don’t know what to say. Watching his own players drag him to his feet and say for come on! Says everything for me.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Not unfair. I’ve grown up watching players absolutely bust a gut for Everton. 
I honestly don’t watch any of those players and think, they are giving their absolute all. 
I think they are very professional and try every match. But I don’t see them dying for their team. 

My point was more to do with that 100 miles per hour player in any case. That player can seek to go non stop for the whole match, then jog home.

I see players in pretty much 90% of premier teams that are like that. But not us? 

Gana is about the closest we have, and he is 34 years old now.

Edit: could you please take Mina and McNeil from your post as well please. In no universe ever have those players have it their all. 
Mcneil doesn’t have a sprint on his locker, a brisk jog is about his best.

Mina, I don’t know what to say. Watching his own players drag him to his feet and say for come on! Says everything for me.

Fair enough. I think we're just in a different era of football. When you say players in pretty much 90% of premier teams that are like that who are you referring to? I'm sure you have some examples - off the top of my head I can't think of any. Who is doing what you describe for City? Utd? Spurs? Chelsea? the Shite? Arsenal?

7 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Fair enough. I think we're just in a different era of football. When you say players in pretty much 90% of premier teams that are like that who are you referring to? I'm sure you have some examples - off the top of my head I can't think of any. Who is doing what you describe for City? Utd? Spurs? Chelsea? the Shite? Arsenal?

Oh yes easily, I have many examples.

City have DeBruyne who is known for creativity, but just watch him play and you’ll see he doesn’t give up on anything.

Alverez must be at the top of the game for giving it his all surely?

Foden is a nightmare for defences as he is one of the best high press in the league.

Liverpool are known for the pressure game. The whole team is set up for it…. Far to many examples to mention.

Spurs have a little known player called Son, who is one of the most energetic players in the league.

Arsenal have several younger players who are hungry and give everything. You may have noticed Martinez, and absolute live wire.

Just a few off the top of my head, but honestly watch a few other matches and see how many joggers get away with it.

I don’t think we’re on a different era of football at all. 
I think Everton maybe. 

Im in the modern era where work rate destroys teams. Watch the teams at the top and you will easily see they have players who get stuck in, players who don’t give up on lost causes, players who fight for the ball. 

I honestly rarely come back from a match, sit on the coach and have a discussion of how we gave it our all…. And should be proud of ourselves. 
And funnily enough….. no one else on the coach seems to be saying it either, or the stands for that matter. 

In fact, there was a resounding Boo at full time after Wolves, to go with the boos at half time.