IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, Wall Writer said:

Sorry @duncanmckenzieismagic, it's not a jab at you. I just really dislike the Echo website. I understand they have to make ends meet with all the ads and clickbait, and just the general churning out of content - but I just think it's an awful site. 

As for the article, an article of 573 words, 404 of those words (70%) were directly taken from another newspaper. Smells like plagiarism to me.

...btw, yes I did calculate that just to try to prove a point! 🤣

No I know, I was just defending the journalist tbh. People have (rightly) complained for years about the red echo or claimed the local journalists are just Kenwright stooges and I just think the two present ones are a big improvement and are not afraid to take aim at the board and at the end of the day the article was about what Carragher was saying and quoting both him and the the clubs statement so I would expect the content to be similar

Yeah the site is shite because of too many adds  but I think you could say the same for most newspaper websites

I read them on the app personally so don’t have any issues

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Also true. Just trying to bring a little reality to the hysteria.

I still think we'll be alright, but I am sick of us throwing points away in the first few games every season because we're incapable of getting our important business done until the end of the window.

It's infuriating.

50 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I still think we'll be alright, but I am sick of us throwing points away in the first few games every season because we're incapable of getting our important business done until the end of the window.

It's infuriating.

I think we’ll be alright but the threat of a points deduction in October would be a killer - more than -3 would send us down I’d fear.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's infuriating.

Trying to start our season in September can be added to the list of fuck ups from these idiots. 

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It's infuriating.

Agreed, and this season more so shows that we need a goal scorer.

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

It’s amazing watching videos of the team warming up. Last nights warm up consisted of one touch passing drills and shooting drills. 
Yet when the whistle blows; no one touch passing and no shooting. 🤔

I find myself thinking the same thing every home game. I've watched them do all that in the warm-up and then it comes to the actual game and it's like they've never seen a football before.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I find myself thinking the same thing every home game. I've watched them do all that in the warm-up and then it comes to the actual game and it's like they've never seen a football before.

I think we use the warm up to get all of that silly nonsense of hitting the ball beyond the keeper, and save all the straight at him ones for the game itself.😱

I hope we don’t see the long ball constantly being hoofed up to Beto most of the game, and we use our width wisely to put decent balls in the box for Beto to fight for. After all we’ve got the most wingers in the league with another 6 to come in so we might as well make use of them 😂

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If that’s anything to go by then we have mid-table mediocrity to look forward to. At this point in time, I’d take that all day long.