IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

My old man's 50th this weekend and I bought him one of the Everton Slates, showed him for the first time yesterday and he was made up. Even more so, is its position! Its two stones to the left hand side of the Goodison Road Sign, which is perfect.

Absolutely made up (both of us). They've been well worth it, he gets his own piece of history, with the club he was born into.

Brilliant one that J!

My old man's 50th this weekend and I bought him one of the Everton Slates, showed him for the first time yesterday and he was made up. Even more so, is its position! Its two stones to the left hand side of the Goodison Road Sign, which is perfect.

Absolutely made up (both of us). They've been well worth it, he gets his own piece of history, with the club he was born into.

Superb that mate hope my boy does that for me one day I'd be absolutely delighted if he did.

• Arsenal £30m per season (Puma, 2014 – 2019).

• Chelsea £20m per season (Adidas, 2010 – 2018).

• Liverpool £25m per season (Warrior, 2012 – 2018).

• Man United £23.5m per season (Nike, 2002 – 2015).

• Man City £12m per season (Nike, 2013 – 2019).

• Spurs £10m per season (Under Armour, 2012 – 2017)

• Everton £3.2m per season (Kitbag, 2009 – 2019)

• Arsenal £30m per season (Puma, 2014 – 2019).
  • Chelsea £20m per season (Adidas, 2010 – 2018).
  • Liverpool £25m per season (Warrior, 2012 – 2018).
  • Man United £23.5m per season (Nike, 2002 – 2015).
  • Man City £12m per season (Nike, 2013 – 2019).
  • Spurs £10m per season (Under Armour, 2012 – 2017)
  • Everton £3.2m per season (Kitbag, 2009 – 2019)

Makes me fume. It's Villa on £8m as well.

Get paid fuck all. Get fuck all for service.

That being said, bar the stadium being built, we are like Man City as they were. Second club city (unfortunately), good fan base, not reaching full potential.

If the plans get approved for Walton Hall Park, maybe its a possibility?

Who knows you can never say never but things like that just don't happen to us.

Knowing our luck they'll want us, everything will be in place and the FA will ban all foreign owners from buying premier league clubs but make a rule that if you actually own one at the time the ruling is out you can continue to.

Is that really what we want for the club though, the City route to success? I'm not so sure. Tough because in truth it's probably the only way to success in the modern era and I want that as much as anyone; but a little piece of me would feel like we sold our soul.

Wouldn't show them the door if they came knocking mind.

Is that really what we want for the club though, the City route to success? I'm not so sure. Tough because in truth it's probably the only way to success in the modern era and I want that as much as anyone; but a little piece of me would feel like we sold our soul.

Wouldn't show them the door if they came knocking mind.

I was half thinking that tbh but look what they've done with their acadamy the way they've regenirated the area the jobs they've created the stadium is fantastic and they are buying the best players in the world.

Truth is I'd sell to someone like that in a heartbeat Mike I'd love us to be in the same position as them, everything they have is fantastic.

No point having a mega academy when you're just buying the best in the world though...cheapens success...would be nice to be mega rich but truthfully..not sure I could enjoy it that much

The acadamy is investing in the future. At the minute they're buying like that but the acadamy, IF it churns out players and the odd superstar is just a cash cow to them but more importantly it gives any youngster who is lucky enough to get in there the best coaching and facilities possible to develop. Even if he doesn't make the City team , if he makes a good career for himself as a professional footballer then it's serving a purpose and hopefully also getting kids off the streets.