IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

no thanks, i'd rather be a club with integrity than some plastic middle eastern sheik owned shill. honestly i don't know if i could follow the club anymore. i'm sure ole pad will have a field day with this, but i just can't support that. not honest and not right. BK is a fan and i love that. they want to buy spurs anyways.

side note: how would spurs with a large jewish fan base feel about being owned by arabs? i just don't think it would work.

They don't really have a big genuine Jewish fanbase, the "yid" thing has just been adopted by the fans in general. Certainly north London has a large Jewish population centered mostly around Golders Green; but that's actually closer to Arsenal than Spurs. I've told the story on here recently, but when my father-in-law (who a Russian descended Jew) wanted to go to football in the thirties he first went to Spurs but said he, and others, were made very unwelcome and there was a large blackshirt (fascist) presence. So he went to Highbury and has been an Arsenal fan ever since.

Don't think the fans would complain any more than a section of ours would.

They don't really have a big genuine Jewish fanbase, the "yid" thing has just been adopted by the fans in general. Certainly north London has a large Jewish population centered mostly around Golders Green; but that's actually closer to Arsenal than Spurs. I've told the story on here recently, but when my father-in-law (who a Russian descended Jew) wanted to go to football in the thirties he first went to Spurs but said he, and others, were made very unwelcome and there was a large blackshirt (fascist) presence. So he went to Highbury and has been an Arsenal fan ever since.

Don't think the fans would complain any more than a section of ours would.

Interesting, thank you.

You would have thought they would have given Kone and Alcaraz a break. Pair of them have seen more insides of ahospital in the last twelve months than most do in a life time.

On a serious note, well done tothe players. The place I work sends someone dressed up every year as father xmas with a donation and presents for the kids. I done it one year and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done looking at all those sick little kids you get a feeling of helplessness and you think about your own kids and it really hits home.

It's fucking heartbreaking. Something I never want to do again if I can help it. I'm just not cut out for stuff like that and I have enormous respect and admiration for those who can do it all the time.

You would have thought they would have given Kone and Alcaraz a break. Pair of them have seen more insides of ahospital in the last twelve months than most do in a life time.

On a serious note, well done tothe players. The place I work sends someone dressed up every year as father xmas with a donation and presents for the kids. I done it one year and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done looking at all those sick little kids you get a feeling of helplessness and you think about your own kids and it really hits home.

It's fucking heartbreaking. Something I never want to do again if I can help it. I'm just not cut out for stuff like that and I have enormous respect and admiration for those who can do it all the time.

It never ceases to amaze me how happy are some of the world's most unfortunate people. When we take time to be with a sick child or a homeless person or someone mentally challenged, they really appreciate it.

My oldest son spent six weeks teaching disabled orphans in Tibet (for 'orphan' read 'dumped by their parents due to the one-child policy'). They had little hope and were discriminated against, yet he told me they were the happiest children he had ever been with.

The other day, I attended a Christmas event for about 50 mentally challenged adults. I always make a point of touching their arm or patting their shoulder. One guy, who never said anything the whole time, kept standing up, walking over to me, patting my shoulder, and offering me the most wonderful grin. Such incidents are so heart-warming. :)

My wife works in alder hey, been there over 10 years now. She loves being a nurse but has had some pretty tough times where she felt like quitting due to being heart broken.

I'm quite friendly with a lot of the staff, all amazing people. The politicians need to spend a few hours there and then "evaluate" their pay against the nurses.. makes me angry.

My wife works in alder hey, been there over 10 years now. She loves being a nurse but has had some pretty tough times where she felt like quitting due to being heart broken.

I'm quite friendly with a lot of the staff, all amazing people. The politicians need to spend a few hours there and then "evaluate" their pay against the nurses.. makes me angry.

Having had the "opportunity" to observe many nurses and other medical staff at close hand over the past year I couldn't agree more. Under-paid, under-staffed and overworked, but still the vast majority of them are brilliant right down to the cleaners and catering staff (but the food still stinks).

Having had the "opportunity" to observe many nurses and other medical staff at close hand over the past year I couldn't agree more. Under-paid, under-staffed and overworked, but still the vast majority of them are brilliant right down to the cleaners and catering staff (but the food still stinks).

And yet on considerably more money than the armed forces

And yet on considerably more money than the armed forces

But they don't get cheap housing and council tax, or subsidised/free food. Pretty sure your average squaddie will have more disposable income than the average nurse. They even have to pay to use the hospital car-parks down here though I'm not sure if that's universal. Armed forces also get subsidised travel I think.

And in fact looking at the current figures you're not even right; starting salary for a nurse is £14,294 against £14,492 for a new recruit in the army.

But they don't get cheap housing and council tax, or subsidised/free food. Pretty sure your average squaddie will have more disposable income than the average nurse. They even have to pay to use the hospital car-parks down here though I'm not sure if that's universal. Armed forces also get subsidised travel I think.

And in fact looking at the current figures you're not even right; starting salary for a nurse is £14,294 against £14,492 for a new recruit in the army.

You only get cheap housing as a married man, single men live on the base in conditions you wouldn't expect a prisoner to live in and eat food that again you wouldn't expect a prisoner to eat. We also pay full wack on council tax

You only get cheap housing as a married man, single men live on the base in conditions you wouldn't expect a prisoner to live in and eat food that again you wouldn't expect a prisoner to eat. We also pay full wack on council tax

But you don't earn less than nurses, which was what you originally said. Army recruitment site says you get reduced council tax so if that's wrong then fair enough.

I think we can agree that both nurses and squadies are underpaid! However, it is a choice of path.

Not really. Seventeen year old kid on £275 a week with no responsibilities? Happy days!

Wish I had that level of disposable income.

But you don't earn less than nurses, which was what you originally said. Army recruitment site says you get reduced council tax so if that's wrong then fair enough.

Not really. Seventeen year old kid on £275 a week with no responsibilities? Happy days!

Wish I had that level of disposable income.

It's almost minimum wage!!! Neither are 'well paid' but it is a choice. So long as they enjoy it, happy days.

It's almost minimum wage!!! Neither are 'well paid' but it is a choice. So long as they enjoy it, happy days.

Minimum wage for a seventeen year old on a forty hour week in the real world is a fraction over £150 (£3.79ph). Big difference.

To be a nurse you need a degree, to be a soldier you need to be able to spell your name.

But this is the Everton thread so we shouldn't be discussing it here, though I have strong opinions on it.

Minimum wage for a seventeen year old on a forty hour week in the real world is a fraction over £150 (£3.79ph). Big difference.

To be a nurse you need a degree, to be a soldier you need to be able to spell your name.

But this is the Everton thread so we shouldn't be discussing it here, though I have strong opinions on it.

Yeah, you clearly do! And fair play yo you on that. I've never really thought about it. Still a choice of path though!!!

Anyway, yeah, Everton, anything happening.....??!!!!

Wife has to pay £3 before even stepping foot in the door, without fuel.

Has to pay to park at the hospital she works at and at times has been late due to no parking spaces and the fact that if she just parked anywhere would get a ticket. Late not because she was late, she's always there well before shift but because of the shit set up that means patients suffer.

Nursing is a vocation, my wife didn't base her career choice on pay. These bastards in government know that nursing is price inelastic. They don't strike and there will always be people who have that special quality that means they want to nurse.

Why do you assume everyone in the armed forces is an uneducated squaddie? There is more to the army than the infantry and as it happens I am/ was Navy not Army and I am also well educated. But as you say this is the wrong place for this so will leave it there

Wife has to pay £3 before even stepping foot in the door, without fuel.

Has to pay to park at the hospital she works at and at times has been late due to no parking spaces and the fact that if she just parked anywhere would get a ticket. Late not because she was late, she's always there well before shift but because of the shit set up that means patients suffer.

Nursing is a vocation, my wife didn't base her career choice on pay. These bastards in government know that nursing is price inelastic. They don't strike and there will always be people who have that special quality that means they want to nurse.

Love your wife and all like her Haf. Give her a hug from me. Priceless.

Why do you assume everyone in the armed forces is an uneducated squaddie? There is more to the army than the infantry and as it happens I am/ was Navy not Army and I am also well educated. But as you say this is the wrong place for this so will leave it there

I don't at all and sorry if gave that impression. Being in the armed forces gives great opportunity for many people and I don't mean to do them down. Many highly qualified people doing great work, just that the nursing profession needs heaps more academic work for less money.

Love your wife and all like her Haf. Give her a hug from me. Priceless.

Overdid the "Christmas cheer" a bit last night; pleased to see that this is the only mildly embarrassing post I made as far as I can see, but it's true :).

Christmas Day on 7up for me I think. My head hurts :blink2:.

Overdid the "Christmas cheer" a bit last night; pleased to see that this is the only mildly embarrassing post I made as far as I can see, but it's true :).

Christmas Day on 7up for me I think. My head hurts :blink2:.

Only just read it now! Had a crazy couple of days. I agree with your pissed up sentiments Mike.

Quality people doing a tough job. Underpaid and understaffed.

I will say that unfortunately this isn't the case across the board, you get some lazy sods who need to assess why they are doing that role. By and large they are Quality, some do let the others down though.

Of the 15 points available from the next 5 games, what do people think we'll take?

Hull V

Everton

Everton V

West Ham

Everton V

Man City

Everton V

West Brom

Crystal Palace V

Everton

I find it hard to predict at the best of times...but right now it's harder than ever! It's impossible to say. I juries and all.

This is why I'm not a betting man!!!