IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I'll see it as a revival when we string a few wins together, not just "not loses".

Maybe that's why I give Rom a tough time. I look at performance vs result. In his case he can be shite all game but bellies one in and all is good, it's another goal. With me I think "ffs he should have had 3 if he one footed and had the touch of an elephant"

For my money we look miles away from last year. So a win, draw of loss means nothing to me unless I see a big difference in the play. I think we are closer to where we where but I'm still extremely fucked off by the needless passing across the back.

As it happens McCarthy is almost back, Ego has been sent packing, mirallas is being fed humble pie and it seems the players are more together.

Get 40 points and see what Europa brings us.

I reckon 60ish.

And I reckon the points for 5th/6th will be quite low.

Well, that's what I thought at the halfway stage when comparing the league tables at halfway stage to the final table for the last 10 years.

Overly optimistic; that's more than 2.25 points per game from here on in which is Championship winning form for the rest of the season. Can't see that happening.

Anything over fifty points would be a good recovery, and a far better "second season syndrome" performance than under Moyes.

Overly optimistic; that's more than 2.25 points per game from here on in which is Championship winning form for the rest of the season. Can't see that happening.

Anything over fifty points would be a good recovery, and a far better "second season syndrome" performance than under Moyes.

Yeah I know. But I thought that at the half way point, so I have to stick with it. Risky. But I said it to myself, maybe in hope, so I will have to abide by it! But then I didn't expect us to go and lose at Hull in game 20. So bad start really! Ha!

Your 2.25 per game makes it look a bit off too. But hey ho.

I think it will be a season where 50-55 points will be around 8th- 9th, so 60 will be 6th- 7th. That's judging by how teams are beating each other with less predictability than last season.

I see us getting around the 50 mark with a 9th-11th finish.

There's been so much doom and gloom this season but the funny thing is, if (and I don't think for one minute we will!) we won the Europa then this would go down in history as one of our finest seasons! It's a funny old game!

Strange thing is lots of people talking about us being in a relegation fight (40/66-1 with the bookies) but no thread about us winning Europa (12/16-1).

Got to love the "glass half empty" attitude of the average Evertonian. Wouldn't know what to to do with ourselves if we started winning things.

Strange thing is lots of people talking about us being in a relegation fight (40/66-1 with the bookies) but no thread about us winning Europa (12/16-1).

Got to love the "glass half empty" attitude of the average Evertonian. Wouldn't know what to to do with ourselves if we started winning things.

Everyone would be happy

Once McCarthy is back, we will get more energy in our play. I want to see Kone play alongside Rom. It could get the best out of Rom.

Kone can definitely offer us something.

Not 'loads'...but certainly another dimension. He can help take defenders away from Lukaku, giving Lukaku more space to do damage.

It's a strange one.

So far, our style of play has been better suited against slower European teams rather than the pacey physical Premiership.

Could you do this?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/life-long-everton-fc-fan-switches-8568901#rlabs=1

Would depend on the situation I guess; If by doing it I could raise enough money for a life saving op on one of my grandchildren I would, but raising a few quid for a community association? I think I'd find an alternative.

He could do amillion things for charity, a zillion.

Some things are just sacred like not shagging your mates bird, not shagging or even touching another bloke, under age sex, racism and supporting Liverpool

Reminds me of Lance Armstrong complaining in his recent interview that he couldn't (with his sports ban) run a marathon to raise money if his mother had (for example) MS. Actually you could Lance, just not an organised one, nobody can stop you running twenty-six miles and asking for sponsorship. Or maybe sell off the yellow jerseys you still display so proudly? They'd fetch a few Dollars I'd have thought and a tiny spec of humility at the same time might even earn you a bit of respect.

I digress.

Reminds me of Lance Armstrong complaining in his recent interview that he couldn't (with his sports ban) run a marathon to raise money if his mother had (for example) MS. Actually you could Lance, just not an organised one, nobody can stop you running twenty-six miles and asking for sponsorship. Or maybe sell off the yellow jerseys you still display so proudly? They'd fetch a few Dollars I'd have thought and a tiny spec of humility at the same time might even earn you a bit of respect.

I digress.

I hate that man. Represents everything I despise about false, egotistical, greedy bastards who will never truly recognize what matters in life.

He used that charity as a vehicle to defend his cheating and to almost justify it. In the meantime flexing all his muscle to destroy those who knew the truth.

I don't agree with this, it's a Liverpool thing it has nothing to do with us.

Whilst what happened was absolutely horrendous and my heart genuinally goes out to the families and friends of those affected it has nothing to do with us as a club.

It's feels a bit like we're one of those people who turn up at a funeral when we don't even know the person.

I realise this may sound controversial and I mean no disrespect by it but I just don't think it's right.

I don't agree with this, it's a Liverpool thing it has nothing to do with us.

Whilst what happened was absolutely horrendous and my heart genuinally goes out to the families and friends of those affected it has nothing to do with us as a club.

It's feels a bit like we're one of those people who turn up at a funeral when we don't even know the person.

I realise this may sound controversial and I mean no disrespect by it but I just don't think it's right.

Every one in Liverpool knows a family who lost someone there. It's affected the people of Liverpool more than it has either club.

Every one in Liverpool knows a family who lost someone there. It's affected the people of Liverpool more than it has either club.

I know it has, I lost a friend there but it still doesn't change my feelings.

We remember it every year, I think every football fan should but should we now put a plaque up for Heyael, Bradford etc etc.

I just think it's a personal thing to Liverpool not Everton. I don't expect many to agree but it had nothing to do with Everton as a club I don't agree with us having a commemorative plaque.

I don't mean any offence by that it's just how I feel. My son was on the pitch doing the Palace game last year at the rememberence I was proud he took part and showed our respect but I don't think we should have a plaque.

I know it has, I lost a friend there but it still doesn't change my feelings.

We remember it every year, I think every football fan should but should we now put a plaque up for Heyael, Bradford etc etc.

I just think it's a personal thing to Liverpool not Everton. I don't expect many to agree but it had nothing to do with Everton as a club I don't agree with us having a commemorative plaque.

I don't mean any offence by that it's just how I feel. My son was on the pitch doing the Palace game last year at the rememberence I was proud he took part and showed our respect but I don't think we should have a plaque.

No offence taken but surely you find it more personal to you? Half their fans don't know what the Hillsborough disaster was and I doubt their owners have a vested interest. It's the city's disaster not just a football teams. For me most people in Liverpool have a bond with what happened and if they want to show it through their business fair enough.