Robles

Coleman Jagielka Stones Baine

Besic McCarthy

Lennon Barkley Miralla

Lukaku

Bench is

Howard Oviedo Barry Atsu Mcgeady Naismith Kone

Leaving

Osman Pienaar Garbut Alcaraz Browning Distin Gibson on the fringes when they are fit obviously.

On paper it's a decent team and squad and one which should be doing eons better than it is.

Edited by Paddock

Looking at our squad now I think our best 11 is

Robles

Coleman Jagielka Stones Baine

Besic McCarthy

Lennon Barkley Miralla

Lukaku

Bench is

Howard Oviedo Barry Atsu Mcgeady Naismith Kone

Leaving

Osman Pienaar Garbut Alcaraz Browning Distin Gibson on the fringes when they are fit obviously.

On paper it's a decent team and squad and one which should be doing eons better than it is.

Agreed on everything except garbutt and browning leaving. I'd like to keep them.

Robles

Coleman stones jags baines

Lennon besic mccarthy Mirallas

Barkley

Lukaku

Howardx

Hibbertx Browning alcaraz garbutt

Mcgeadyx Barry ledson oviedo

Naismith

Kone

Spare, osman and mcaleny.

Get rid of distin, Gibson and pienaar.

Must buy AM and a winger. Players marked with an x replace if possible.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/martinez-evertons-modern-day-dogs-8602300

Him saying he'd have had all three playing together a lot this season if not for injury has me slightly worried. We've struggled to create at the best of times this season, and he'd have willingly made it worse by playing three defensive midfielders...

I can see Mo becoming a box to box midfielder or deep lying playmaker even with his passing ability and range. Since we don't have that tricky AMC, I don't really see an issue with it at all, at least for the remainder of the season.

Edited by Matt

I can see Mo becoming a box to box midfielder or deep lying playmaker even with his passing ability and range. Since we don't have that tricky AMC, I don't really see an issue with it at all, at least for the remainder of the season.

Because Mo was shunted out to the left sided central midfielder because Barry can only play as the central of the three due to his lack of mobility. So Mo won't get the chance to play as box to box as part of a three.

The issue is that it's a negative move. Another one. Also, it looks like a case of "I can't decide which of them should sit his arse on the bench, so I'll play all three." Fear. Fear. And more fear. Bottle job.

And, you're right we don't have a tricky AMC. So let's do something mad and fucking get one. Not settle for defensiveness. Actually go and be positive. Madness what I'm suggesting maybe.

Edited by Romey 1878

Because Mo was shunted out to the left sided central midfielder because Barry can only play as the central of the three due to his lack of mobility. So Mo won't get the chance to play as box to box as part of a three.

The issue is that it's a negative move. Another one. Also, it looks like a case of "I can't decide which of them should sit his arse on the bench, so I'll play all three." Fear. Fear. And more fear. Bottle job.

And, you're right we don't have a tricky AMC. So let's do something mad and fucking get one. Not settle for defensiveness. Actually go and be positive. Madness what I'm suggesting maybe.

I agree completely, but thats for next season as we cannot do that now. Like I said in the Liverpool thread, we're getting some solidity back into our game. 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games (no defeats). I hate the phrase, but we've gone back to basics, stopping the rot, *insert cliché here*, and its been tedious to watch. However, it was absolutely necessary. It should've been done back in November when alarm bells were already starting to sound, but injuries had their say on that, not to mention Martinez's insane arrogance and ignorance for the situation.

For now, I accept the need for caution, building the confidence bit by bit, and I'm hoping following the Chelsea game we'll be ready to attack the last 13 games, including Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Villa and Sunderland, with confidence and gusto. Except United, Spurs and Arsenal where I expect the same as against Liverpool. Because of that, I want all 3 playing, at least against Chelsea, if not the other 3 fixtures. I want Barry to get his yellow card at Stamford Bridge and be suspended for Leicester, so we can have a trio of McCarthy, Besic and Barkley before "playing safe" against Arsenal to maintain confidence. Negative? I can see that, but its a necessity in the build up to our final run in, because the option of outscoring the opposition is not going to work for us.

I'll keep quiet until I see how he sets us up against the so called lesser sides. If he plays all three at home against the likes of Leicester then I'll no longer back the man.

Although at first that would be horrible and hard to swallow, if we went onto win 4-0 would it be a problem?

Point being, the result matters more.

Although at first that would be horrible and hard to swallow, if we went onto win 4-0 would it be a problem?

Point being, the result matters more.

Of course it will. The problem being that it'll have made me bipolar - I'd go from wanting to murder people when seeing the starting line-up, to wanting to hug everyone in sight come the final whistle :P.

Of course it will. The problem being that it'll have made me bipolar - I'd go from wanting to murder people when seeing the starting line-up, to wanting to hug everyone in sight come the final whistle :P.

Ha...bipolar...probably a good description for most Evertonians at the moment!!!