IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

The two comments underneath the actual story was going to be my comments here.

Cheeky bastard.

I like Kean as well the way lambasts the shite.

I'm also glad Martinez is like this. I hate our players playing internationals I want them all at Finch Farm under our wing not flying halfway across the world playing games of no meaning (friendlies) or ones that have no bearing on Everton.

All club managers are at it.

The value of league football, the pressures on managers, the pile up of competitive matches etc all mean that managers need their players at the club. Not to mention the small point of who actually pays the player wages!

On the flip side, the value if international football has been diluted by too many meaningless friendlies.

And Keanes a pure hypocrite. Preaching the importance of international football to players yet he walked out on Ireland in the world cup?

I'm also glad Martinez is like this. I hate our players playing internationals I want them all at Finch Farm under our wing not flying halfway across the world playing games of no meaning (friendlies) or ones that have no bearing on Everton.

spot on. Euro qualifiers, WC qualifiers are a different thing, but friendlies? who's gives a shit. i'm glad roberto does this and makes it seem like they can't walk, they need the rest and frankly Everton have more a chance of Top 4 than Ireland do of winning any trophy.

i'd be all over it, let him make his money at united, and then come back and be a role player here on 50k a week. Haf will explode though, he hates rooney now.

Why do we need to continue to be a half way house for semi retired footballers? I'd sooner see us give the opportunity to a young lad who doesn't want to piss off and go and play for for another team.

Rooney is a shadow of the player he was, still good but on the decline. No from me.

Why do we need to continue to be a half way house for semi retired footballers? I'd sooner see us give the opportunity to a young lad who doesn't want to piss off and go and play for for another team.

Rooney is a shadow of the player he was, still good but on the decline. No from me.

Guess we should get shut of Eto'o then?

If he is still fit id take him back any day. Another well decorated winner around the club, where's the harm?

Guess we should get shut of Eto'o then?

If he is still fit id take him back any day. Another well decorated winner around the club, where's the harm?

Eto doesn't walk around like he is the designated - Corner taker, free kick taker, captain, penalty taker, transfer co-ordinator and generally overpaid botoxed so called street footballer. Eto has not arrived with any Everton baggage and was a no lose situation. Plus, he was Chelseas best striker last year....

Rooney is too much of an emotive player to return to us again, fans would be split and he carries far too much attention.

Rooney has taken his peak years away from himself by not looking after himself, several times he has been banished to lose the best part of a stone. He has far too much to say for himself and his impact on the pitch is less and less.

As I have said elsewhere - he remains the best 17 year old player I have seen and honestly believe we seen the best of him to a large extent.

The question is does Everton need to lower itself to allow a player back who gave it all badge kisses in a Man United shirt? If he wanted to do it the right way he should have ran his last contract down and said "I want to play for Everton". I don't want to see him return as a 33 year old trudging around the pitch - which is when his current mega bucks contract expires.

Eto doesn't walk around like he is the designated - Corner taker, free kick taker, captain, penalty taker, transfer co-ordinator and generally overpaid botoxed so called street footballer. Eto has not arrived with any Everton baggage and was a no lose situation. Plus, he was Chelseas best striker last year....

Rooney is too much of an emotive player to return to us again, fans would be split and he carries far too much attention.

Rooney has taken his peak years away from himself by not looking after himself, several times he has been banished to lose the best part of a stone. He has far too much to say for himself and his impact on the pitch is less and less.

As I have said elsewhere - he remains the best 17 year old player I have seen and honestly believe we seen the best of him to a large extent.

The question is does Everton need to lower itself to allow a player back who gave it all badge kisses in a Man United shirt? If he wanted to do it the right way he should have ran his last contract down and said "I want to play for Everton". I don't want to see him return as a 33 year old trudging around the pitch - which is when his current mega bucks contract expires.

Yep pretty much spot on to be fair.

Rooney is also not going to get anywhere near Eto''os fitness and professionalism by the time he is 33 he'll be absolutely finished imo.

No thanks.

Yep pretty much spot on to be fair.

Rooney is also not going to get anywhere near Eto''os fitness and professionalism by the time he is 33 he'll be absolutely finished imo.

No thanks.

Why should we allow him some sort of "Evertonians Return" - the player who was too big for the club and decided to come back when he was on his way down.

Will that send out the right message to Ross Barkley? "Yeah go on, put in a transfer request, go and earn £50m, the fans will give you a bit of stick for a bit but they will welcome you with open arms for a nice retirement package"

The only way players should be welcomed back like that is when they have been loyal to the club.

Why should we allow him some sort of "Evertonians Return" - the player who was too big for the club and decided to come back when he was on his way down.

Will that send out the right message to Ross Barkley? "Yeah go on, put in a transfer request, go and earn £50m, the fans will give you a bit of stick for a bit but they will welcome you with open arms for a nice retirement package"

The only way players should be welcomed back like that is when they have been loyal to the club.

Yep pretty much my thoughts exactly.

He was blinded by the 40 pieces of silver. I don't think anyone would have begrudged him his move if had shown a bit more commitment to the club.

Once a blue always a blue yet the first time a bigger club came knocking he was off like a rat up a drainpipe.

Now when all his best days are behind him and United don't want him there's talk of the prodigal son returning?

See you later Wayne. If you're not good enough for United anymore you're most definitely not good enough for us.

Everton is a very different beast these days to the one he turned his back on all those years ago.

I was just responding to your comment "Why do we need to continue to be a half way house for semi retired footballers?" and pointing out that we have been that for some decent players in the past who have helped us short term.

I for one would welcome him back, but I understand the concerns.

I was just responding to your comment "Why do we need to continue to be a half way house for semi retired footballers?" and pointing out that we have been that for some decent players in the past who have helped us short term.

I for one would welcome him back, but I understand the concerns.

I think Eto semi retired is better than a 29 year old Wayne Rooney. The vast majority of semi retired players are no good for our club.

In years to come Eto will be remembered as one of the greatest strikers to play the game.

An initiative we can be very proud of.

I have a friend who does a lot of work for a charity called dream flight which sends sick or disabled children on holidays of a life time. He's been a season ticket holder at Liverpool for 30 plus years, home and away followed them everywhere and is a staunch red and even he says how fantastic Everton are for their work inthecommunity.

Hesays if you email Everton when they're doing a fund raising event etc and they can't do enough for them. Signed shirts, balls, tickets for tours of the stadium and all kinds of things but Liverpool give nothing , absolutely nothing.

He goes as far as to say he's ashamed of them and the way they treat their own fans and their lack of input into the local community. He said they managed to get a signed ball off them ONCE and even then they had to pull numerous amounts of strings and get an insider who worked in the club to get it for them. Once they got a yes he waited 2 weeks and no ball arrived. After numerous phone calls he finally got through to someone who could help him and they said they had the ball waiting for him but they were waiting for him to send a cheque in for the price of posting the ball to him!

That is an honest to god true story and from the mouth of a liverpool season ticket holder.

Everton do their community proud.

My wife is a nurse in Alder Hey and said that without doubt Everton players are the most engaging with the patients - at Christmas they are full of enthusiasm and make a difference.

Historically because of the number of different foreigners and cliques within Liverpool the majority of their players are like Rabbit in headlights.